Illwoods

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer is telling me that Ford is requiring a $1500 deposit when I place the order online. I have a 12/2/2020 reservation that I held off ordering because I was waiting on MY2022. I just want to confirm that this is correct.

Thanks
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is telling me that Ford is requiring a $1500 deposit when I place the order online. I have a 12/2/2020 reservation that I held off ordering because I was waiting on MY2022. I just want to confirm that this is correct.

Thanks
It is not correct. They are lying to you, plain and simple. Ford doesn’t require the dealer to take any deposit.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Deposit is up to dealer discretion. Some may prefer a deposit because it puts the buyer in more of a position to follow through. Dealer’s want name-matches on their orders so they don’t end up losing Bronco allocation.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Converted my August 2020 reservation to order yesterday AT THE DEALER. They stated my initial $100 reservation deposit sufficed . Plus I got a free Bronco bag….finally some swag!

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer did the same to me when I went in to convert. I had an email that stated no deposit required. They were a bit displeased. 😀

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did put down $1000 deposit back in January with my dealer, but I also got a vehicle purchase contract, signed and countersigned with MSRP and the dollar amount, on a state-legal form. So I felt comfortable doing that.

OP
OP
Illwoods

Illwoods

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Message from dealer:

If you have NOT ordered a vehicle and still have a reservation, then you must go online to www.ford.com and complete your order process online. It will require a $1,500 deposit and your order will be sent to our dealership and we will accept it at that time. It usually takes 1-2 business days to reflect in the system.

Once we receive your order, a sales rep will reach out to confirm everything and be your point of contact moving forward. If you have any questions, please let us know.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks
Given everything that's occured and delays, I would not put non-refundable money down. Certainly not that large an amount. Check with some other dealers.

Sponsored

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer required $1000 back in January also so $1100 total

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer required a $500 deposit plus the $100 rsvp fee. I hope the deposit helps hedge against ADM issues as I paid funds based on the priced quoted at the time.

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer required a $500 deposit plus the $100 rsvp fee. I hope the deposit helps hedge against ADM issues as I paid funds based on the priced quoted at the time.
All this!!! 😉

TonyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$1500 was required on the Ford website. Seems to be based on dealer and location. Not sure but already confirmed and paid. Live in South Florida.
Sponsored