Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the same question, as the 210 is listed as available but it doesn’t specifically mention it in the Squatch package.....given everything going on with the marketing, I haven’t wanted to assume its included. Thanks.

Yeah, really hoping that's a stand alone option. If it is, it will probably require 4.70 gears, which will be great. Since the squatch only comes with 4.70s, it seems to make sense they would make all M210s with 4.70s.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It won't take long for the aftermarket to give you better. Should be fairly simple to swap in new coilovers. I must have the manual, so I figure that's the route I'll go. Just might take 6 months or so after deliveries start.
True, I know the aftermarket is gonna be insane for this thing, I wonder what sort of options there are in the aftermarket that have the built in stops and position "sensitivity"?

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i will be ordering a 2022 black diamond:

2-door
2.7l
velocity blue
standard package
white interior/roof package (if available)

i will need to see the sasquatch price, but i will probably be fine/better without. i am hoping to stay below $45,000

This is the same build I have in mind but I will add a front locker . The key will be the cost of the 2.7

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, really hoping that's a stand alone option. If it is, it will probably require 4.70 gears, which will be great. Since the squatch only comes with 4.70s, it seems to make sense they would make all M210s with 4.70s.
I have it on my list of items to check in August when option pricing becomes available.... if that doesn’t get postponed.

Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Marine Grade Vinyl Seats with Dark Space Gray" is what the Options List as included on all Black Diamond trims.
seems I read some thread that ALL trims would have 2-3 seat color options??

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey-o! Loving the forum. Been lurking for a while, and this is my first post. Thank you all for your passion and comments and expertise. I've learned a ton here in the past couple of months.

I'm 48 and have loved the Bronco my entire life. My dad's friends had them. My friends had them. I owned a 1994 XLT for about 3 years and I have regretted selling it ever since. The one I owned, I bought from a US Marine who had it in his family for 20 years and he kept it all original. Needless to say, it was a really well taken care of vehicle. I loved the 2-door functionality, the boss posture and capability. I loved the all around elegant simplicity of the design. The only reason I sold it was my dad passed and when I bought his house, it needed a ton of work and selling that beautiful Bronco paid for about $8K in restoration for the house.

And yet I have regretted it ever since.

I've been following the release of the new Bronco for years. I have often thought of scooping up another previous gen, but the reality is I want the best of both worlds. I want classic Bronco heritage combined with modern tech and reliability. I am not a DIY guy. I am not handy or in any way mechanically inclined. I am a writer. I make my living punching words on a keyboard. I can barely maintain my yard let alone upgrade a 30 year old vehicle. I would rather have the new badass generation and not have to do $2K worth of repairs and upgrades every year.

As a writer, my income varies wildly year to year. I have tremendous insecurities and my financial projections look like a roller coaster. But fuck all that. I'm not going without a new Bronco.

Anyway, this is an exciting time for us Bronco lovers, despite the shitty cultural climate and challenges our country faces. I almost didn't order one because it seemed irresponsible given the economic insecurities we all face. But in the end I thought of my father, who was the world's greatest optimist. You can't live life in fear or caution. Be smart. Prepare for the worst, and then stampede forth as if you expect the best. I don't know how else to live.

So I placed my reservation last night. I don't care about the delays. Sure, I want mine sooner, but Bronco is in my heart. It's NOT just time to get a new vehicle, and this new gen is no ordinary vehicle. This is our beating heart, the first NEW Bronco in 25 years. I have a perfectly civilized and boring Audi Q5 to get me through the next 12 months, and there are no other vehicles that stir my blood like the Ford Bronco.

So that's it. I love having something truly special to look forward to, to plan for, to save for. Delays suck, but this is a guiding light on dark seas.

I'm going Black Diamond, 2-door, V6 auto, heated seats, Cactus, white lid, white grill, and we'll see what other goodies are available in December.

I'm fucking jazzed, and I appreciate the community of Bronco fans.

Be patient. Stay optimistic. It's happening.

Finally, it's happening.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Badlands come with 4.70 gears and some type of suspension lift, so that might be your best option to get the manual and then put 35s on it.

I am hoping we will have the option to get the 4.70s on the BD when we build it, but I would guess 35s won't clear without some type of lift.
I believe the 4.46 gears in the BD would be sufficient for 35s as well, especially for daily driving...according to some charts I have seen online anyway

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If ford offered a small lift, 35s, and 2.7 for the Same cost as Sasquatch... I would be very happy.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the 4.46 gears in the BD would be sufficient for 35s as well, especially for daily driving...according to some charts I have seen online anyway

Again, it all depends on your use and expectations. Also, an auto can have higher gears. You just give it more gas. A little harder in a manual when you're doing low speed stuff with too high of gears. I know for myself in a manual I would not be happy with 4.46 and 35s.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The black diamond reminds me of my Willy's Wheeler JK I have. I just wish they had a decent green.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again, it all depends on your use and expectations. Also, an auto can have higher gears. You just give it more gas. A little harder in a manual when you're doing low speed stuff with too high of gears. I know for myself in a manual I would not be happy with 4.46 and 35s.
See, I would think for everyday use, 35’s on 4.46 would be a great combo. There’s always room for a little more, but the jk’s on 35’s w/ 4.56 seems to be a great middle ground. 4.88 is almost too much, and 5.13 is way too much. I ran 33’s with my 4.10’s and was more than happy on the road everyday and out wheeling trails on the weekend. Open diffs at that. That rear locker will compensate quite nicely.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all, I’m new to this board. I reserved the bronco BD a week ago and I also have the Tesla Cybertruck reserved since early this year, but I probably won't see that until 2023. I think BD is a good model with ample off road capabilities without paying the high price like wild track and FE. I’m looking at upgrading it to automatic with mid package and I want it in Antimatter blue and keep the 2.3 ecoboost. I'm assuming even the engine upgrade would be a hefty price.

I believe from manual to auto tranny might cost between $1200-1600? I’m hoping the mid package won’t cost beyond $1200, If you guys have any knowledge in the possible cost of those two items, please let me know. thanks

Listed below was my original notes in deciding between BD and OB because I’m keened on Auto tranny and mid package

'' Black diamond (36k+) - How much extra $$ would it cost to add the automatic tranny and mid level package to this model?

Outer banks (40k+) - This model includes automatic tranny and mid level package, but it doesn’t come with rubber flooring with drain plug, marine vinyl seats and steel bumpers with bash plates like Black Diamond.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See, I would think for everyday use, 35’s on 4.46 would be a great combo. There’s always room for a little more, but the jk’s on 35’s w/ 4.56 seems to be a great middle ground. 4.88 is almost too much, and 5.13 is way too much. I ran 33’s with my 4.10’s and was more than happy on the road everyday and out wheeling trails on the weekend. Open diffs at that. That rear locker will compensate quite nicely.
First, you can't really compare gears from one vehicle to another. My Tacoma was a dog with 4.10s and 30in tires. So what.

If Ford is putting 4.46 gears on the base with 30 inch tires on this vehicle, that tells me they will not be ideal for 35s. I spend a lot of time on steep grades and slow speeds. I live in the low range. I see the affects of wrong gearing all the time. For ME, I want and need the lowest gears they will give me because I do not want the trouble and expense of regearing another vehicle.

Get what you want. Most people are going to run this thing up and down the interstate and rarely get off pavement, much less on a trail. High gears and the auto will do just fine for that. Even get better mpg.

Again, get whatever gears you want and run whatever tires you want. You only have to please you.
Sponsored