First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TAnd while I don’t hold a reservation, I strongly suspect they’re not numerically sequential so how does one even know where they are On this alleged list?
Seriously, do you think Ford is so technologically stupid that they can't time stamp submitted reservations to have a sheet showing the precise order of submittals?
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it comes to the Bronco and satisfying Reservation orders, Ford dealers do have basically zero ability to influence the build queue. It’s like what was posted. Once order banks open, reservation holders will have ‘x’ days to get their order in. Those that do will get them in the order of reservation (caveat being chunks of individual trims built together).

Your example of the coma patient will miss the window and life will go in without them.

Not sure why you feel so jaded about the reservation process and Fords willingness to honor it.

If you are right, I will eat crow, and it will also piss me off substantially as someone who spent a LOT effort to get his reservation in as quickly as possible.
Not jaded, just live in reality. Since you have a reservation, you can answer this then, is it sequentially numbered? Are you 1 of XXX or did they just give you some serial style number like b13g1? How would you know where you are on the alleged list, how many people came before you and how many people are after you? How will you tell if yours is being produced in the right order? I guess the bigger picture is you have a res and your car will be produced at some point, I’m just not as confident as you are that Fords going to go out of their way and slow production to try and follow that list. Their literature already alludes to it. My opinion, you’re obviously welcome to interpret their info how you see fit.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, do you think Ford is so technologically stupid that they can't time stamp submitted reservations to have a sheet showing the precise order of submittals?
And you really think they’re gonna slow production to follow that precise order?

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not jaded, just live in reality. Since you have a reservation, you can answer this then, is it sequentially numbered? Are you 1 of XXX or did they just give you some serial style number like b13g1? How would you know where you are on the alleged list, how many people came before you and how many people are after you? How will you tell if yours is being produced in the right order? I guess the bigger picture is you have a res and your car will be produced at some point, I’m just not as confident as you are that Fords going to go out of their way and slow production to try and follow that list. Their literature already alludes to it. My opinion, you’re obviously welcome to interpret their info how you see fit.
THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE SEQUENTIAL RESERVATION NUMBERS! The reservations can be time stamped or whatever when received internally by Ford. If Ford wanted to they could have just said your reservation is confirmed without a number given to people at all.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So say for a hypothetical situation the guy with the number one reservation was in a medically induced coma for 6 months come order time, you think they’re going to shut down production until he gets his order in? Ford dealers have zero input on when vehicles are produced, they just supply the orders to the manufacturer. And to manufacture them in a specific order with varying builds and trims to try and follow a numerical reservation list that will be provided at varying times would be a horribly in efficient way of doing production work. Thousands of dealers are going to be submitting orders simultaneously across the country and it absolutely won’t be in the order the reservations came in, it’s impossible.

Sorry, can't find the eye roll emoji for the coma comment.

There will be a window, before production ever starts, for those reservations to be converted into actual orders. Not through the dealers, but through Ford. Of those finalized reservations, builds will be grouped toward optimal manufacturing practices with a desire to produce vehicles in as close as possible to the order of reservations.

It was never said that the first reservation would be the first build or the whole system would just implode. There will be an emphasis on trying to build somewhat close to the order of reservations with changes made as needed for optimal production.

Sponsored

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And you really think they’re gonna slow production to follow that precise order?
Go back and read. I didn't say it had to be an absolutely "precise" order, and neither did Ford. Just generally following the overall order of reservations. Reservations on July 13 would be I suspect produced before reservations from July 26, but a July 14 reservation might be first for production efficiency.

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There will be a window, before production ever starts, for those reservations to be converted into actual orders. Not through the dealers, but through Ford. Of those finalized reservations, builds will be grouped toward optimal manufacturing practices with a desire to produce vehicles in as close as possible to the order of reservations.

It was never said that the first reservation would be the first build or the whole system would just implode. There will be an emphasis on trying to build somewhat close to the order of reservations with changes made as needed for optimal production.
Exactly.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And you know who is going to keep a VERY close eye on this when the time comes.

Those of us here.. We have the reservation tracker with both reservation numbers and reservation date. When our members starting getting their Broncos, I, for one, will be very interested in seeing how they track with that data.

Yes, I am a data geek and have already created multiple pivot tables based upon that google doc.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re right, bad analogy. Ultimately a no win scenario because no one knows where their reservation exists in relation to someone else’s order, and if their reservation will be built before someone else’s. Common sense would tell you however that Ford is going to build them in the most efficient and productive manner possible, regardless of any alleged list.

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re right, bad analogy. Ultimately a no win scenario because no one knows where their reservation exists in relation to someone else’s order, and if their reservation will be built before someone else’s. Common sense would tell you however that Ford is going to build them in the most efficient and productive manner possible, regardless of any alleged list.
We all know what day our reservations were logged. That's a good barometer to start with.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m imagining this process is similar to the computer manufacturer I worked for back in the 90s... they would release promo media on the latest greatest computer, they would open a. Window for reserving the computer and then set a deadline shortly thereafter allowing you to place the specific order to your wants and needs with the salesperson, the orders were then placed in order of reservation, taken to the production floor and then grouped to specific assembly lines of like orders..

I’m guessing Ford is doing it similar
Like orders with very similar reservation dates will be placed together just for the quality and ease of manufacturing large groups of vehicles...

it’s really pretty simple process ..

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's not clicking with you is that production will not be have to be slowed, why would it? Either your order is there or it's not. It would not be difficult to match a reservation number with an order placed then work the list from there. I'm not too sure why it's so hard to understand.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it anything like when the 2015 mustangs came out, who knows what will happen. I ordered one of the 1965 special 50th anniversary edition mustangs. Ford said these were to be built first, but that didn't happen. While I was waiting for my 50th anniversary mustang to be built, I started seeing regular Mustangs showing up at dealers. Two months after the regular mustangs were being built, mine wasn't even scheduled. So I ended up canceling my order

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I cursed John Cena when he flipped his Ford GT for profit despite being contractually not allowed to do that. I would be a hypocrite if I did the same. granted his profit margin would dwarf flipping any Bronco but the practice is the same.

Call me old fashioned. I just want a great product at a fair price. If they deliver that, I am satisfied.

I am fortunate to make a good living so I am not looking to boost my net worth by “10k’ to sit and wait another year. I am close to being a boomer so I want to enjoy this as long as possible. My kids will inherit more than enough when I take a dirt nap.

An additional few thousand per kid won’t change their life but me being Bronco less for an additional 12-18 months would change mine. That is the way I see it.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They'll be in order to a point. I want to keep reminding everyone that I'm certain that demand for some options will be much higher than supply. I'm betting on V6. I'd guess Ford will cut Ranger production to the bone to make as many Broncos as they can (better profit unit). That said, Ford sitill has to use x number of 2.3L Autos and making fewer Rangers, those will have to go into Broncos. Won't be a big deal at first, but over time you could get to the point that 2.3L auto units reserved a month after 2.7L are getting built first (but 2.7L still being built in order amongst themselves), we could even reach a point they start building stock 2.3L's if all reservations were met (not betting on this one but you see my point).

I could be all wrong and wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was something other than the 2.3L, but I'll be shocked if something doesn't end up short that causes some orders to take much longer to get due to the option that is short. I'm have some hope that orders go in early December and that gives Ford time to get the suppliers up to speed to get the parts they need in the right amounts (
Dana axles for example). It's never happened before, but this is the first reservation system on a heavy sales vehicle, I don't think Mache and Bronco Sport will be retail heavy like Bronco, but they do give a chance to get the bugs worked out of the reservation system before it starts for Bronco.
Sponsored