Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Resale is a massive point. I have high hopes someday they make v8 an option of man transmission.

Maybe I will wakeup and ford will have a vin for me and the decision is made. Ahahha
I got my vin last Thursday. Really feel they are working to get day 1/2 builds out. Good luck

OP
OP
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know your age but I'm 61, retired, and figure this will last me the rest of my life as its not my daily driver so I went with Badlands, non sas, and Lux. I have only bought 3 new vehicles in my life prior to the Bronco the last one in 1997. Go for it! You only live once.
Im 39, only bought one new car in my days. All others have been used.

I bought a brand new Evo 8 MR in 05 and loved the hell out of that car for 5 or so years. Had all the bells and whistles.
What I learned was, I ended up ripping out the bells and whistles and replacing with upgrades. After I built the motor up to handle a 42r turbo I lost my love for going fast. I enjoyed building it and wrenching on my car. Never regretted buying top of the line.

I bought an 02 Tacoma TRD and found a new love and that was banging it around on trails.

I think my fear is getting in the badlands and getting bored of it and wanting to mod it anyways. My first thought was if I get the badlands I won't need to drop a penny into, it has everything I could ever need or want. Sure maybe get some 35s after the 33's wear out. But that was about it.

Reactions: jxc

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know your age but I'm 61, retired, and figure this will last me the rest of my life as its not my daily driver so I went with Badlands, non sas, and Lux. I have only bought 3 new vehicles in my life prior to the Bronco the last one in 1997. Go for it! You only live once.
I am 52 and contemplating retirement soon. I have only had two new vehicles and they were both leased VW's. Cheap to lease and decent cars for the money. Basic transportation though.

I may have this for the next twenty years. I couldn't see trying to save money. Like you said, you only live once.

I have debated about going sasquatch. My current order left the sasquatch off. But as far as upgrades go I can always throw 35's on it later. You can't easily add all the tech, 12" screen and heated steering wheel later.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dilemma, if I go with automatic, I get trail turn assist but then I don't get that wicked crawl ratio.......and the colors!!!!!! I still don't know what color since what I really want is antimatter

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond for the win!

Brisco

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Writing is on the wall. Same truck with way overpriced features you won’t miss if you never had them. Paying for branding more than anything. Went to Offroadeo last week and sway bar disconnect did not effect capability between that and Sasquatch. In fact those Broncos are so capable in four low, all 10 participants did the entire Texas course in 4L and only locked the axels on the last trail which was a vertical climb. You’ll be impressed with the Sasquatch

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my last car 18 years ago, and this one might as well be my last one if it lasts an other 18 years, by then I'll be old enough not to care about driving myself anymore and there will be robot cars all over. So I splurged, BL 2.7 Lux, Sasquatch, soft top. Got basically the perfect vehicle for me, have not yet come across anything I'd change if I could (so no lifts or giant tires for me, this is plenty tall).

I figured that if I find I don't like it (first car like this for me) I can sell it with little to no loss, heck, my 18 year old Tacoma is supposedly still worth $10k with it's 120k miles on it. But getting a model that will have good demand is always a good idea. Base will always sell to the mod crowd, loaded BL to everybody else I figure.

If you can afford it, go with what you really want and enjoy it. If it turns out not to be the right thing in a year or two? You should not have lost much $ and can go get something else.

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get a base mansquatch like you mentioned. Then, take the saved money and put it towards a Coyote swap, or maybe even an LS swap 😂. Problem solved.

OP
OP
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Writing is on the wall. Same truck with way overpriced features you won’t miss if you never had them. Paying for branding more than anything. Went to Offroadeo last week and sway bar disconnect did not effect capability between that and Sasquatch. In fact those Broncos are so capable in four low, all 10 participants did the entire Texas course in 4L and only locked the axels on the last trail which was a vertical climb. You’ll be impressed with the Sasquatch
Yeah. This is what I keep going back and forth about.

It's damn near obsession at this point. Can I afford it, yes.
Do I really want to spend that much? I dunno know. Yes and no. The guy techy in me says hell ya you do.

The logical side says you can pocket the extra money if your damn a/c explodes in the house.

Up to this point the most expensive car I ever bought was 37k. I was much younger then and making terrible money so it was what I out all my money into. Had alot of pride in that ride.

Since then I bought used and honestly have been happy. So I constantly ask my self. Just because I can afford it do I need it?

I'm also worried that I will be hesitant to push a near 50k truck hard. Beating on 38k sounds much more appealing.

I need to sleep more on it for sure. All I know now is I'm waiting like most of us.

Sponsored

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t think any of these broncos will have an issue with resale value. I also think the lower trims are still so nice and have a big presence that most people who get them won’t have regrets. Personally, I don’t want the extra thousand pounds of weight of a badlands or Sasquatch, but I also don’t plan on traversing anything more technical than a dirt road to a hiking trail.

The Big Grabowski

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD order non Sas first go around, but got pushed out, so went with the base Sas in shadow black. All those doubts I had about going with the BD non Sas faded. Super happy. And within a week of putting in the order in Oct got my build date.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Squatch is absolutely worth it to me. Lockers, lower gearing, and stronger axles are expensive to add later to support 35s, and you get a warranty. I just took delivery and I love this truck. Very happy with the 2.7 as well.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands will have a better resale value, IMO. I’m also a firm believer of sticking to your initial order/thoughts.

Also, how mechanically inclined are you? I’m not at all, thus wanted this awesome stuff from the factory. But if you are, then a lower trim might save you a few bucks to allow you to really customize your vehicle.
Sponsored