First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's literally on the short description of the Black Diamond trim: "standard rear-locking differential"

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 16.31.38
Sponsored

stik0401

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang and new Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hope

Sure hope so. Maybe website just needs to catch up. All will be clear when the build & pricing functionality is available....in the meantime just watching, wondering, speculating. Maybe I should step away until then!
I grabbed just now directly from Ford, so they still show it on their site. :) I dont think they would remove that feature. its part of the main selling point for the BD trim.

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm torn between OB and BD. I want the 12" screen(not necessary) so I've decided I'm ok with the 8. But when I look at the Black Diamond. once I add hard top, mid package and 2.7 I'm assuming it's going to be in OB territory price wise. I'm not going to be doing much serious offroading, I just need the build and price to come out so I can play with it for HOURS.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm torn between OB and BD. I want the 12" screen(not necessary) so I've decided I'm ok with the 8. But when I look at the Black Diamond. once I add hard top, mid package and 2.7 I'm assuming it's going to be in OB territory price wise. I'm not going to be doing much serious offroading, I just need the build and price to come out so I can play with it for HOURS.
You may be in OB territory, but the standard features are completely different and OB built for luxury more than Offroad. Then you still gotta add cost for hardtop and 2.7 to OB, and also back to cloth and carpet.

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I selected the Black Diamond as well. I originally thought the Sasquatch package would be a "must have" for me, but after hearing of the limited suspension travel, I am not so sure its a worthy investment. 33's will do just fine for what I would ever put this thing through. I do want the mid-package though.

Like everyone else has said, it all comes down to budget, which all hinges on the build and price tool coming on-line. Until then, packing away $$ for that down payment.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally thought the Sasquatch package would be a "must have" for me, but after hearing of the limited suspension travel, I am not so sure its a worthy investment.
I'm not sure why everyone is sweating or shaping their build decision over unconfirmed information.

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You may be in OB territory, but the standard features are completely different and OB built for luxury more than Offroad. Then you still gotta add cost for hardtop and 2.7 to OB, and also back to cloth and carpet.
True, I just really need to price it out. That vinyl does look really nice

Sponsored

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because we have nothing else better to do till the build/price tool opens!

Because, why not? I'm trying to think along the practicality side of things. I originally wanted the Samsquanch package because of the lift and look. But, after talking with the wife, this will end up being more of a daily commuter for me with the capability of weekend off-roading and hauling a dirt bike and/or quad package out to the trails. So adding in 35's, with the lift, and the road noise associated, is a huge draw back to daily commuting for me. So when i compare all of that to the guestimated pricing of the package, its just not worth it to me. I would rather spend the extra money on the mid package, or the down payment to help ease monthly payments.

Just what works best for me. Your mileage may vary.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because, why not? I'm trying to think along the practicality side of things. I originally wanted the Samsquanch package because of the lift and look. But, after talking with the wife, this will end up being more of a daily commuter for me with the capability of weekend off-roading and hauling a dirt bike and/or quad package out to the trails. So adding in 35's, with the lift, and the road noise associated, is a huge draw back to daily commuting for me. So when i compare all of that to the guestimated pricing of the package, its just not worth it to me. I would rather spend the extra money on the mid package, or the down payment to help ease monthly payments.

Just what works best for me. Your mileage may vary.
I agree with you. I'm doing the same. Practicality for me is a base BD and I'll add 33's and an engine tune if available. May or may not do the mid depending on price. Going to be interesting to see if I can wedge my MTB into the back or if I'll need to put the rack on the back. We'll be the envy at the trailheads for awhile.

NH-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon Hard Rock
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question:
Can I assume that the BD will also come with the tow package or is that a separate order item ?

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s the vinyl and rubber floors that keeps me at black diamond.