First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can we verify this ? . . someone ? somehow ?

People keep saying millions of F150's using same 2.7L Eco (Nano 2nd Gen) -
But if Bronco is using specific build revision, then different ballgame -
Well the Bronco Part Number is: MB3Z-6007-AA
The F-150 Part Number is: ML3Z-6006-G
Supersession(s): ML3Z-6006-G; ML3Z-6006-C
Fits 2021:
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD Lariat Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD Lariat Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XL Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XL Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XL Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XLT Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XLT Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XLT Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD Lariat Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD Lariat Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XL Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XL Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XL Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XLT Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XLT Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XLT Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside

The 2020 F-150 part number was: JT4Z-6006-B
Supersession(s): JT4Z-6006-B; JT4Z-6006-A

Specifically states that the above do not fit the 2021 Bronco.

We did see one Bronco have their MB3Z-6007-AA engine replaced with an MB3Z-6006-A engine. There are price differences between the different engines, but I don't know why.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what your attitude is about because it certainly has nothing to do with "click bait" as you say. It is to inform others, those that have taken delivery and those who are awaiting delivery, what is going on with the vehicles we have waited on for so long. This is not "fake news", Sir....it is fact. It is me telling my story and informing others. If you don't like it, then move along. But I think most people would appreciate knowing that this could....this DID happen.
Your post isn't actually about any of the things you THINK it is about, and it certainly doesn't accomplish any of the goals you articulated above.

10 pages in...can you tell us what happened to your car? "What is going on"? Do you have any actual information other than " I was stranded on the side of the road and it was towed"?

I hope actual information is forthcoming that provides knowledge sharing for people here. Until then, this is a popcorn thread.

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road Healthier-Stovetop-Popcorn-Recipe-CleanFoodCrush-2

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your post isn't actually about any of the things you THINK it is about, and it certainly doesn't accomplish any of the goals you articulated above.

10 pages in...can you tell us what happened to your car? "What is going on"? Do you have any actual information other than " I was stranded on the side of the road and it was towed"?

I hope actual information is forthcoming that provides knowledge sharing for people here. Until then, this is a popcorn thread.

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road Healthier-Stovetop-Popcorn-Recipe-CleanFoodCrush-2
He has let us know what happened. When the service department figures out whatā€™s going on, heā€™ll inform us. When he gets a timeline, heā€™ll inform us. This could take weeks. So if someone has an issue like this Iā€™m betting many would like it reported now, rather than wait for a complete resolution in a few weeks/months and theyā€™ve already received their Broncos.
If you donā€™t want to know, stick your head in the sand and ignore it.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He has let us know what happened. When the service department figures out whatā€™s going on, heā€™ll inform us. When he gets a timeline, heā€™ll inform us. This could take weeks. So if someone has an issue like this Iā€™m betting many would like it reported now, rather than wait for a complete resolution in a few weeks/months and theyā€™ve already received their Broncos.
If you donā€™t want to know, stick your head in the sand and ignore it.
Ignore what? šŸ˜‚

That his car broke down and he got towed to Ford? Thanks, that is great information. I will keep an eye out for that issue.

C'mon man. Click bait masquerading as knowledge sharing and.infirmstion.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ignore what? šŸ˜‚

That his car broke down and he got towed to Ford? Thanks, that is great information. I will keep an eye out for that issue.

C'mon man. Click bait masquerading as knowledge sharing and.infirmstion.
In a brand new vehicle. Maybe life time Ford fanboys are used to this and itā€™s just par for the course. I donā€™t buy a new vehicle wondering if itā€™s going to break down within 5,000 miles. Itā€™s never happened. But apparently Iā€™ve never owned a Ford.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no way I would buy a vehicle that I have talked this much crap about! If you donā€™t like Ford Products donā€™t buy them itā€™s simple, a lot of theses posts are just to spread disinformation. I hope the OP gets his issue (whatever it is ) fixed quickly, but this could be as simple as a loose ground.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In a brand new vehicle. Maybe life time Ford fanboys are used to this and itā€™s just par for the course. I donā€™t buy a new vehicle wondering if itā€™s going to break down within 5,000 miles. Itā€™s never happened. But apparently Iā€™ve never owned a Ford.
This is my point. Threads like this abound on this forum and have very little information. This feeds a sense of misinformation and fear of the product that might not be rooted in reality.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have not had a chance to wax it yet, but did have PPF put on hood and fenders on Friday.....maybe they were adding to much drag for the engine to take! LOL
Thanks for the girlfriend comment.....she does pretty good.
Off topic a tad but I miss my 69 mach 1 351 4 speed live on old yeller
Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road Screenshot_20211115-155428_Gallery

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my point. Threads like this abound on this forum and have very little information. This feeds a sense of misinformation and fear of the product that might not be rooted in reality.
I see your point to an extent. To me, as long as the OP comes back with updates to the issue as they come in, Iā€™m good with it. Iā€™m hopeful itā€™s not/wonā€™t be a widespread issue- I have the 2.7 on order myself. I have no interest in the 2.3.
But these reports do make me hesitant to take the bronco on a long family trip, at least for the first 5/8k miles. Iā€™ve never had any hesitation in hopping in any of my past Toyotaā€™s right after purchase and driving long distances. Right now, with just the confirmed dropped valve reports- Iā€™m a little hesitant with the Bronco.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have said before and I will say it again. Lots of guys here talk alot of shit .. what they tell don't tell you is that they are ALL standing in line with their check book in hand waiting on their Broncos.

There is no way I would buy a vehicle that I have talked this much crap about! If you donā€™t like Ford Products donā€™t buy them itā€™s simple, a lot of theses posts are just to spread disinformation. I hope the OP gets his issue (whatever it is ) fixed quickly, but this could be as simple as a loose ground.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have delt with engines with head and valve issues from the factory and if a series of engine was having problems most of the engines built had the problem not just a few and especially not as few as we have seen.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Funny responses in here. Iā€™ve had 6 new Toyotaā€™s over the last 20 years. ZERO of them went to the shop after purchasing. The only trips to the service department was for regular maintenance. So maybe ā€œit happensā€ in a brand new vehicle is normal to some, but it ainā€™t to me.
Iā€™m having serious reservations about taking this thing on as my daily driver. No way will I get the 2.3. Iā€™ve got some time waiting on mine to decide but if these stories continue my dealer will get a bronco for the lot.
I've bought at least 6 new Fords since 1985 and have NEVER had any issues with any of them when new; and very few issues when they've racked up the miles.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had one of my V8 fleet trucks blow up 2 weeks ago. It had 800 miles on it. I donā€™t think this is isolated to just the 2.7ā€™s. I think itā€™s an overall Ford quality issue.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've bought at least 6 new Fords since 1985 and have NEVER had any issues with any of them when new; and very few issues when they've racked up the miles.
Me to, My 2011 Super Duty has only had oil changes and has only lived on oilfield roads.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every time I've ever had to be towed, the driver took it as a given that he (never met a woman tow truck driver in that circumstance) would need to transport the driver as well. I'm also acquainted with a tow truck driver on another forum who takes that as a matter of course if he's collecting a breakdown. He's commented on problems if the broken-down car has more occupants than he has truck space for.
Never had an issue either, previously, but during Covid was told they were supposed to sit and wait while passenger transport showed up. However the driver said "hop in but don't tell anyone" .now things are back to a relative normal
Sponsored