First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s awesome. We were out in that water in a Duffy that afternoon. Is yours a First Edition? I thought the one we saw looked more blue. It was on PCH in CdM coming out from the beach side.
No. Mine’s a Badlands w/SAS w/soft top…which was down that whole day. It’s originally black. But is wrapped in Light Pistacio (Pastel
Green) It does look a little like Cactus Grey when it’s solo or in pics by itself. But when it’s parked next to the Cactus Grey it’s definitely on the green side.

Ford Bronco HB Ford has 6 First Editions on lot w/ $50k ADM E04401B3-63A7-446D-B03A-C34BC00BEA7B
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my local dealer has 2 FE in there show rooms both belong to the owner I was told ,make wonder how many FE was reserved by dealer owners .

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't even get why anyone wants an FE. Just buy a Badlands or Wildtrak and option up. If you have to look at the beauty rings and door decals to figure out it's an FE, that's your first red flag that it's a meaningless marketing ploy that doesn't deliver any unique functionality or styling over the next highest trims.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/first-edition-vs-fully-loaded-badlands.19576/post-701585

It's insane that people are paying such absurd markups for the same vehicle with a different, shitty vinyl sticker on the front fender. By the way, why the hell did Ford think it was a good idea to slap a stupid little sticker on the fender instead of an actual badge?

My 2017 TRD Pro Tacoma has got some Beefy badging, and it only cost 45k.

Can we all just admit that the FE is a vanity trim for insecure over-earners who view status as a purchasable commodity instead of a byproduct of merit?

D_NQ_NP_938115-MLM43177572325_082020-O.jpg

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't even get why anyone wants an FE. Just buy a Badlands or Wildtrak and option up. If you have to look at the beauty rings and door decals to figure out it's an FE, that's your first red flag that it's a meaningless marketing ploy that doesn't deliver any unique functionality or styling over the next highest trims.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/first-edition-vs-fully-loaded-badlands.19576/post-701585

It's insane that people are paying such absurd markups for the same vehicle with a different, shitty vinyl sticker on the front fender. By the way, why the hell did Ford think it was a good idea to slap a stupid little sticker on the fender instead of an actual badge?

Can we all just admit that the FE is a vanity trim for insecure over-earners who view status as a purchasable commodity instead of a byproduct of merit?

Ford Bronco HB Ford has 6 First Editions on lot w/ $50k ADM D_NQ_NP_938115-MLM43177572325_082020-O
I personally don’t want FE but don’t get the over earners who don’t have merit. If someone works hard and makes good $ that seems like merit to me.

Sponsored

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t get me wrong.. I love the Bronco. They look better in person than on a screen. Great vibe and character. My decision will be do I want to give up some ‘luxury’ on the interior for that character. I’m likely between the Bronco, Defender, new Tundra, or Land Cruiser. Boys asking me not to go boring with the LC. Whatever I pick WILL be taken off-road. Not rock crawling but enough to where I plan to wrap it to protect the paint from pin stripes.
Will have to be a used LC. We grabbed a 21 just because they are done with them in the US for the time being. Great vehicles. 3rd one we have had.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. Mine’s a Badlands w/SAS w/soft top…which was down that whole day. It’s originally black. But is wrapped in Light Pistacio (Pastel
Green) It does look a little like Cactus Grey when it’s solo or in pics by itself. But when it’s parked next to the Cactus Grey it’s definitely on the green side.

Ford Bronco HB Ford has 6 First Editions on lot w/ $50k ADM D_NQ_NP_938115-MLM43177572325_082020-O
Love the wrap/color. Any chance you would share how much the wrap was. You can PM me if you prefer.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the dealer did something unethical to get those units, shame on them and Ford should investigate. If they didn’t do anything wrong, then they can ask whatever they want for them. It’s a free market and some people aren’t willing to wait over a year to get a vehicle. I’ll wait to get mine.

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

D_NQ_NP_938115-MLM43177572325_082020-O.jpg
You could've bought an Off Road which is the same truck for $10K+ less.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will have to be a used LC. We grabbed a 21 just because they are done with them in the US for the time being. Great vehicles. 3rd one we have had.
Likely. There are a few left. I don’t mind flying to get it. Also don’t mind a few K miles on an LC. I’ve always wanted one but not sure that’s what I go for. LX is also an option but it needs a lot of lipstick removed.

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Likely. There are a few left. I don’t mind flying to get it. Also don’t mind a few K miles on an LC. I’ve always wanted one but not sure that’s what I go for. LX is also an option but it needs a lot of lipstick removed.
That’s why my wife has bought them over the LX. She had an X5 M before these last 3 LCs. Doubt I can ever pry this one from her.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally don’t want FE but don’t get the over earners who don’t have merit. If someone works hard and makes good $ that seems like merit to me.
That's totally fair, and I should have split this hair in my earlier post; trust funds and inheritances =! merit. Hard work is fine by me, but when I see _that_ degree of excess, I can't help but wonder how the money could be used for helping people.

...said the B6G member waiting to drop 60k on an impractical new vehicle. Hey, I'm not immune from my own criticism!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you not going get a new TRD Pro for 45k now

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the dealer did something unethical to get those units, shame on them and Ford should investigate. If they didn’t do anything wrong, then they can ask whatever they want for them. It’s a free market and some people aren’t willing to wait over a year to get a vehicle. I’ll wait to get mine.
sense each person only could put in 2 reservation they had to do something to get 6 FE but I am sure they not the only dealer to some how get a lot of reservations
Sponsored