First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you do, please do yourself a favor and buy better tires than what the Sasquatch comes with.
Yah like most all of the others that weigh 10 to 20 pounds more.
Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All OEM sasquatch rigs come with the crash bars removed .

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yah like most all of the others that weigh 10 to 20 pounds more.

That's true - because most tires in the size that comes on the SAS are Load Rated E or better. Not C like the Wrangler MT's that comes on the SAS. Which literally means less thickness on sidewall etc.

Of course if you look around there are some C rated equivalents that are rated much better as well - but they do pick up some weight as well.

They also have NO mileage warranty. It was purely a weight issue for Ford - as in it's all about CAFE Standards and MPG.

Funny thing - if you use aftermarket wheels, the different in weight savings gained there will mostly make up for the weight gained in getting a E rated tire with a mileage warranty. My Nitto / wheel combo is less than 5lb heavier than the factory SAS setup per wheel / tire. 50K mileage warranty as well.

Truck tires, like most things, are purely a compromise. Roads manner vs weight vs durability vs off road traction etc etc.

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What if i dont want to remove the crash bar? how could i avoid that and still put 315/70/17 on them?
I put used Sasquatch rims and 35" Toyo A/T III's on my Big Bend along with a Zone 2" lift and a Rough Country tail light extender. There was some rubbing at full articulation, but my mechanic said Connecticut doesn't allow him to remove the crash bars. I found some 4 Wheel Parts tapered crash bars and we installed them. No rubbing.

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 6.19.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.26.54 PM.png

Last edited:

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crash bars removed?
Its not my Bronco, I have a BL- SAS, but he did tell me he had no rubbing at full lock but would probably rub the crash bar if he was off roading or hitting a big dip or bump at full lock
The main issue was he had to add a spacer on the spare tire due to keeping the OEM wheel setup and the the Sasquatch tires

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now this thread has me questioning getting C or E rated 35s when I self squatch my Badlands. Most Broncos going to be driven on the road 90% of the time so a better ride quality and lighter weight is probably better. I did look at some Falken Wildpeaks E rated but a rougher ride and heavy. I run 265/30/19 performance summers on my STi so I’m all for the performance but will an E tire really suck on a Daily driver Bronco? Most off-roading will be on sand beaches aired down below 20 psi
Sponsored