Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool ride along video by TFL:

No significant technical analysis we dont already know but just cool to see it in motion.

I like the muted style of the aerodynamic elements, I wonder if aspects those will make it to a production version

Check out the input shaft angle at 4:36, that's not factory, CRINGE. I don't know why they would have had to move it like that
At 13 seconds in - is that the new 7-speed manual? :)
Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No significant technical analysis we dont already know but just cool to see it in motion.

I like the muted style of the aerodynamic elements, I wonder if aspects those will make it to a production version

Check out the input shaft angle at 4:36, that's not factory, CRINGE. I don't know why they would have had to move it like that
Notice when talking about the IFS, the guy being interviewed says, "In this case." Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but perhaps there will be more options for the production Bronco?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

At least in the 'interviews' the Bronco Program Chief Designer Paul Wraith says repeatedly that this body and exterior design are "an extremely light tease" (@3:39, @2:42, @1:14) of what will be seen for production. That leaves some hope that it won't be featureless and bland like this.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At least in the 'interviews' the Bronco Program Chief Designer Paul Wraith says repeatedly that this body and exterior design are "an extremely light tease" (@3:39, @2:42, @1:14) of what will be seen for production. That leaves some hope that it won't be featureless and bland like this.
man, you really are bent out of shape about this whole IFS thing, aren’t you?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha! It’s an interesting theory. Whether it’s a well done IFS or a stick front axle I don’t mind as long as it’s done well. I doubt this is true but like I said, definitely an interesting theory. There’s definitely more afoot they aren’t revealing that’s for sure.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, I don't doubt that a lot of engineering is shared with the Ranger Raptor but I have to point out the Ranger Raptor (RR),at least the ones I have seen use a watts link rear end, not a 5 link, and are altogether a different axle. Though both are indeed "T6" based the RR is based on the global Ranger, not the NA Ranger, as such there are a lot of differences that go unnoticed in the frame. More obvious is the powertrain. The RR doesn't have an ecoboost, it instead has the 2.0 turbo diesel (wish we had that option over here).

I think it is easier to say the Bronco will literally be our north American "Ranger Raptor" since we don't have and aren't getting the Asia Pacific version. BBBBBUT BUT BUT, let me clarify two things: one the Asia Pacific Ranger Raptor is the best midsize off roader on the market barring only the Wrangler Rubicon in some circles we've already debated. Its specs blow the ZR2 out of the water, it is truly like the Raptor in that it is a cut above everything else, but in the midsize package. 2, there is no way on heaven or earth the 21my Bronco is not superior to the Ranger Raptor in virtually every facet, including being a better "all rounder" than the Ranger Raptor, like the Wrangler. Whether its breakover, departure, articulation, wheel size, wheel travel, etc. Lets just hold our horses guys!

Last edited:

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Notice at 6:40 he makes it a point to mention the rear solid axle “5 point rear suspension” is going to be the same as the production model..
Then, at 7:00 when they work to the front of it he mentions TWICE that “IN THIS CASE” it has IFS up front.
Dudes, this really makes me think we are getting a solid axle. His body launguage and the fact that he skirted the front suspension topic makes me think that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Featureless and bland? Are you joking? The thing has crazy huge wheel flares on it, the raised style lines in the front quarters are probably three times the size of those on the original Bronco, giant bulge in the hood.... What do you want? A clown car?

Edit: based on what the Ford guy said in that video, I'm fairly certain the production Bronco will be IFS. Good call in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just cracks me up, you expect a race truck that "teases" to be full of features? I guess retractable mirrors with BLIS, a satellite radio antenna, some fancy smancy door handles(maybe we can get Tesla style pop outs!?!), maybe a moon roof replacing the 3rd seat access would do it?

I'm not sure there has been a car produced EVER that checked every single persons box...

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a Subaru to me.

After the Rock Poser Bronco is released I’ll just put more money into my ‘68. Please keep your mountain bike out of my way.

townsleysj1

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Big Oly is probably the most famous race Bronco of all time. Two wheel drive space frame. Im holding out hope that there is the slimmest of chances we’ll get a SFA.
Sponsored