Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Leaves the right amount of space for a kennel.
Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol ya think your aftermarket box made out of sheet metal and bolted to sheet metal will be any better? Make sure it doesn't have a water core lock that anyone could jiggle open in 3 seconds

Any vehicle security is simple for someone to defeat, you won't get"real security" in a car. This playlist is repetitive but proves a point

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To me, the 2D rear looks to have benefitted from ZERO practical planning. Now, maybe this shit is all pre-pro & final production will be just peachy - but I doubt it. I'm not lookin for luxury - just plain ole' functionality...and Bronco misses the mark.

If you work your way past the split-level load floor...

This CO unit has leather seats, yet the backs of the rear seats appear to be cloth

No one can tell me if those rear headrests are totally removable - instead of sticking up like an afterthought.

Aftermarket fix is prolly $3-5K+

If anything, these pix have convinced me to maybe get a base model...at $1,000 under invoice - that's about what its worth.
Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 1599701551495

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t get why everyone is acting surprised at the “lack” of room in the rear 2 door and the seats not folding completely flat. All of this was basically confirmed already, if anything it was thought the seats wouldn’t fold that flat. The seats aren’t easily removable, this was already known.
it’s a ford not a Honda. They could’ve done better but they also could’ve done worse. They punched Jeep in the balls which was pretty amazing to begin with.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not going to RIP on Ford and tell them they did if wrong. In my opinion I think the rear cargo and seats were an afterthought. Space was used up elsewhere. The cargo area likely played little role in the layout of the chassis and body. I get it, dollars and cents, time and money. I have just been spoiled with vehicles that had well planned and executed cargo areas. My first car, a 1980 Saab 2 door had a massive cargo area with a flat floor. For reference the wheelbase is 99". And my Land Rover Discovery which now has a rear seat delete has a flat floor even with the seats folded. The Discovery even has enough room to sleep in the back of with the door closed and it is the same wheelbase as the Bronco. Is it the end of the world, no. Could it be better designed, yes.

1d2972650f9390c7456a4dbad8b791bf.jpg

c3b01d33f06e6d5004caab12fad771f5.jpg

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the seat cushion is more secure and not that wobbly in production models. Do most SUVs have it so the cushion has to flip up like this?

Iron Ox

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I buy 2 to 3 weeks worth of groceries which I can fit in there but with that drop it's going to slide all over the place. Yes they will probably have a cargo management system but I'd rather not have to buy something extra. Would have been nice if they followed jeep on seat design.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't mind it. It certainly would have been nice if they folded flush with the floor, but it's not a deal breaker, and will work for me.

An aftermarket storage container that brings the floor level will be nice. I'm wondering if that will be one of the 200 accessories Ford offers.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't mind it. It certainly would have been nice if they folded flush with the floor, but it's not a deal breaker, and will work for me.

An aftermarket storage container that brings the floor level will be nice. I'm wondering if that will be one of the 200 accessories Ford offers.
If Ford was smart it would be one of the accessories so that they can capitalize on something they didn't include as a standard feature.

Sponsored

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Level that load floor and get rid of all that carpet backing/underside and you have yourself something that's actually usable. I don't care if its just a little bin. If the much wished for, cheap, and tiny Jimny can pull it off surely the Bronco can.

1599681485981.png

1599681496572.png
Level that load floor and get rid of all that carpet backing/underside and you have yourself something that's actually usable. I don't care if its just a little bin. If the much wished for, cheap, and tiny Jimny can pull it off surely the Bronco can.

1599681485981.png

1599681496572.png
Ah dang, just when I though I had my heart set on the two door. I thought the four door was a 60/40 split?
Both are options with the 4 door.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) EFE7D2E8-8ECB-4219-A0A3-BBB8C5983E44

available for Bronco Sport.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From the posted videos on 4 door model, the seat bottoms don't fold forward like the 2 door model. The seat back just folds down and leaves a step down into the cargo area. Meaning it's also not flat . A pain to get anything to slide in when you have cargo to load.
Getting the tailgate option negates this problem.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you get the pull out tray/tailgate accessory for the 4 door, it makes it completely level. Sucks for the 2 door peeps.
Good to hear. Thanks for the info. I'm assuming the rear opening will be smaller/shorter then?
Sponsored