Studawg

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion 7.3 4x4, 96 Land Cruiser 3x locked
Not necessarily, I often pick a line on a turn where the front tire goes over a rock (especially with the ifs configuration) then the rock passes between the rear diff and tire, this limits my "target area", not ideal but I'm still getting a Bronco!
True, its not ideal. Im just saying its not as big of a deal as it looks at first glance.
Advertisement

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Damm, just got a call from the local dealer that I have my reservation with. They had a Bronco sport Outer Banks, at the dealership......... YESTERDAY. It is 75f degrees today (same as yesterday). I would of went to see the sport and take pics If I knew. There are 400 reservations for the new Bronco at Friendly ford in Las Vegas (We have 4 ford dealerships here). He said 1.5 years away from delivery as a real guesstimate and reservations will be completed before public sales. Most of us kinda already heard that, it good to hear the same info.

Not the 1.5 years part, I meant the reservations first then then public.
But remember, most salespeople will say anything to get a sale today, or in a couple of months, if they can convince you to buy Bronco Sport.

Half the salespeople will not even be at the dealership in one year, so they have little motivation to wait out the Bronco with you as their commission check is a pipe dream they may never see.

Megawatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU on 35’s and 2.5” lift.
But remember, most salespeople will say anything to get a sale today, or in a couple of months, if they can convince you to buy Bronco Sport.

Half the salespeople will not even be at the dealership in one year, so they have little motivation to wait out the Bronco with you as their commission check is a pipe dream they may never see.

yeaaaah,? I do t know what your post meant. I was just relaying there was a Bronco sport with no ropes around it. I could of got inside, looked around, made measurements, etc. I really don’t care if he is there next year or not.

And I don’t feel like driving 10 hrs to look at a Bronco in the snow when I had a sport ten miles away And instead of wearing a parka, I could of seen it in shorts and flip flops. And just proof there are more than one around the US available to see and touch. I mean we are all about sharing information here and actually touching a product that will be release this year could be cool.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
yeaaaah,? I do t know what your post meant. I was just relaying there was a Bronco sport with no ropes around it. I could of got inside, looked around, made measurements, etc. I really don’t care if he is there next year or not.

And I don’t feel like driving 10 hrs to look at a Bronco in the snow when I had a sport ten miles away And instead of wearing a parka, I could of seen it in shorts and flip flops. And just proof there are more than one around the US available to see and touch. I mean we are all about sharing information here and actually touching a product that will be release this year could be cool.
Yes, thanks for letting us know, we do really appreciate you sharing the information. My side comment was simply and observation of one of the many games salespeople will play.

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Anyone know what kind of door it has? I've seen similar doors on Jeeps before and have always wondered what the name of it was. Love the sleek look of it.

BearWithMe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
It’s not as bad as it looks.

When it’s that close to the tire, it’s rare that those areas come into contact with anything because the tire is usually going to be on top of the obstacle, and so that shock mount and anything else there is going to be well above the obstacle.

It’s the middle of the axle at the pumpkin that’s important, and that’s just a function of tire size.
That is not “close” to the tire, not at all. Those components are spanning about 8 inches in width from the wheel hub. Very short span of clean axle tube between those components and the diff.

D5E17E34-AB10-4B29-A696-2B4A1A9B6E2A.jpeg

This
is what “close to the tire” looks like. The large space between the shock mount and the diff allows me to position large rocks to either side of the diff when offroading.

Megawatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU on 35’s and 2.5” lift.
For those of you concerned with the rear shock bottom mount. This is a picture of my rear bottom slider on my JKU. Easy bolt on modification to protect the bottom near the shock. Cost me less than $30 at the time And I am sure a similar product will be made for the Bronco. Provides a nice smooth slider surface that can support the vehicle weight when you roll across the obstacles.

457F7385-5F86-4D8B-8155-DC31EAD34A23.jpeg

Vigor

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima 2011
Hmm...the more pics I see of the interior, the more I'm thinking the Bronco is not for me. I appreciate the off road abilities and love the exterior ruggedness, but the interior looks plain cheap. I don't think production vehicles are going to differ much from this, if at all. I guess I'm getting too soft.
I like how your name is bronco4me and then in your post you decided bronco is not for you lol
But yah if you want a tesla type interior, you're not going to get that here. But you can get close with the lux package. Unless you're talking about seats?

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Ford had to buy extra steel to make that bracket so long, and that ridiculously long bolt.
I'm assuming the bolt will be shortened if only to reduce assembly time, every second counts in an assembly plant, probably something off the shelf that will be replaced before they start building. If not, an angle grinder with a cut off wheel would cure that.
The shock itself needs to be over twice it's travel so that length needs to go some where. I'd guess the location of the shock top mount dictated the hang down at the bottom. It's fairly close to the tire and looks pretty stout so it shouldn't cause to many issues.
Obviously you need the long travel to get long articulation.
Yea. I put an RST16 rear suspension setup from RPG on my F150 and the lower shock mounts are LOOOOWWW. But I kept the bed intact, meaning no holes to put the shocks through. Had I gone RST18, the shocks would go through the bed to a bed mounted rack/mount combo and the lower mounts wouldn't have been as low.

Turned into an issue when I forgot to turn the traction control off in deep sand and with my locker on and a stupid AdvanceTrac mode that turns off the transfer case in low traction instances, it buried the rear. When I dug it out, I had to dig extra wide to get those shocks out along with the diff. Luckily the bumper was a low profile one, so none of the truck behind that got buried. Made me wonder if the RST18 would've been worth it.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion 7.3 4x4, 96 Land Cruiser 3x locked
That is not “close” to the tire, not at all. Those components are spanning about 8 inches in width from the wheel hub. Very short span of clean axle tube between those components and the diff.

D5E17E34-AB10-4B29-A696-2B4A1A9B6E2A.jpeg

This
is what “close to the tire” looks like. The large space between the shock mount and the diff allows me to position large rocks to either side of the diff when offroading.

Yeah with leaf springs and a U-bolt flip, but put it back to stock and its not that much different than the Bronco. Its kind of apples and oranges when comparing leafs to coils. Gotta compromise somewhere. Bronco rear axle is pretty similar to Wrangler as far as I know.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
The Bronco is all about off road ability and drop dead gorgeous looks and one should not be looking for a luxurious coddling interior with excessive creature comforts.

The interior is functional and should wear well in its natural environment.

Therefore the ideal Bronco for it’s intended use would be a basic model with SASQ as the only added expense + auto if so inclined.

I feel that the luxury touches at higher trim and option levels are wasted on this capable beast. It’s not a luxury SUV and no amount of “added features” is going to change that fact.
I say the same about the Raptor, but 90%+ are street queens. The market for nice interiors is larger than those caring about a spartan interior. I'm not one of those that cares all that much, but I recognize it. GT500 and GT350 should have nice interiors, Gen 1 SVT and the Gen 2 Raptor not so much just because of the dust. But the Gen 2 does (Gen 1 is meh) because that's what people complained about from the first model, just like now. Nicer interiors sell because most folks are like those asking for it here. They don't off road enough to need a simple interior and want some creature comforts. Whatevs, just let em.

One of the things folks are forgetting is the base model has 2 less off road settings, you'll have to source your own sway bar disconnect, etc etc. Marketing wise, keeping certain things available in higher trims makes more money. Again, I'm not a fan of that and I'm about as stubborn as you. I'll keep my money and not buy something that I don't want. But for the sake of your stress levels, don't sweat it and go the route you like. Let everyone else complain about ugly interiors. I'm indifferent a long as the color combos aren't painful to look at, like the stitching in this truck.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
I'll back you up on this. Done it many times with my JK, doors and top off, in the North Carolina summer swelter.
I'm from the central valley in CA where 114 during the summer is normal and the humidity goes from tolerable to "since when did I move to the Amazon?" Military took me out east, but I didn't think anything of the summers, until I experienced it. Whatever it is that's broken with your swamp cooler, you need to fix it haha. I drove a Ford Focus ZX3 in NC for several years without A/C and I regret every second of it... :ROFLMAO:

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
The vent comes with an attachable vacuum hose, so you can use the vent like a shower wand but with air... (y)
Because my gf's dog is a diva and her XLT doesn't have rear vents... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement

Advertisement