First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at the rear axle for the jeep and it looks like they have a similar problem with the placement. I'm hoping either ford fixes this or we get some aftermarket fixes.

1599676082513.png
I don't mean to be rude - but simply understanding - have you been offroading much or at all?

I offroad quite frequently with 4 door Jeeps and other rigs, and this shock placement in this location is REALLY NOT a big deal. In fact it works out quite nicely because your tires protect this area when you place them on obstacles correctly.

This hang down almost never matters in real-world trail / rock crawling for the average driver on average trails.

If you are super duper hardcore, I get it. I have seen people get hung up on them. If you're a casual offroader, forget it. Way more important things to worry about.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet its ergonomics. That location in the circle is awkward to reach, especially if you are tall or have sasquatch arms. That little shift to the right could be a lot.
I am tall with Sasquatch arms, but I have an elbow and an articulating wrist.

Honestly, I know what you're saying and had thought about that. It is just that in the #metoo era I don't want to have some business associate in the passenger seat accuse me of anything...I adjust the mirrors too often I admit.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco is all about off road ability and drop dead gorgeous looks and one should not be looking for a luxurious coddling interior with excessive creature comforts.

The interior is functional and should wear well in its natural environment.

Therefore the ideal Bronco for it’s intended use would be a basic model with SASQ as the only added expense + auto if so inclined.

I feel that the luxury touches at higher trim and option levels are wasted on this capable beast. It’s not a luxury SUV and no amount of “added features” is going to change that fact.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering if this is a known issue given that the platform is not new, and that this is not a 'big deal' to this model. However, the lack of corrosion prevention on the underframe at the access points looks like trouble in the future. This vehicle is 'New' for this purpose, but has significant corrosion on the frame at the point where the coating has the hardest time penetration.

Yes, 'pre-production' and all that... but it should be pointed out and addressed.

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 1599676750650

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mean to be rude - but simply understanding - have you been offroading much or at all?

I offroad quite frequently with 4 door Jeeps and other rigs, and this shock placement in this location is REALLY NOT a big deal. In fact it works out quite nicely because your tires protect this area when you place them on obstacles correctly.

This hang down almost never matters in real-world trail / rock crawling for the average driver on average trails.

If you are super duper hardcore, I get it. I have seen people get hung up on them. If you're a casual offroader, forget it. Way more important things to worry about.
My response was more it looks like weak/thin metal, with a lot of load being put on it. Whereas the Jeep mount looks beefier. Not so much something hitting it. Yes, I off-road.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I know what you're saying and had thought about that. It is just that in the #metoo era I don't want to have some business associate in the passenger seat accuse me of anything..

Is that still going on?......I miss the old days when harass was two words... ;)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for backing me up on this. I’m thinking, where the heck are all the southern guys to back me up on this. :ROFLMAO:

Eh, maybe too many of us Southern guys grew up without A/C. My first 3 vehicles I owned in Southern AR didn't have A/C. Did a summer in El Paso without A/C. Did another summer at Ft Irwin without A/C. Haven't had A/C all summer as I don't want to buy a new compressor for my Toyota right now.
Top off, I'm OK without A/C. Don't get me wrong, I really like A/C, but when in an open vehicle with the top off, I don't need it.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is all about off road ability and drop dead gorgeous looks and one should not be looking for a luxurious coddling interior with excessive creature comforts.

The interior is functional and should wear well in its natural environment.

Therefore the ideal Bronco for it’s intended use would be a basic model with SASQ as the only added expense + auto if so inclined.

I feel that the luxury touches at higher trim and option levels are wasted on this capable beast. It’s not a luxury SUV and no amount of “added features” is going to change that fact.
FINALLY, someone who gets it. If people are wanting to buy a "luxury" vehicle - this ain't it.

It will be nice enough, but it will be no Cadillac. Your money is going towards TONS of offroad hardware enhancements that are "luxury" items of the 4x4 world, so-to-speak.

People do not understand the true value of lockers, sway bars, aux switches, low gear sets, etc etc and how "luxurious" that is to an offroader who has to add all that in post-purchase.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for you input. I don't have much offroading experience so it's nice to know this won't be a problem.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My response was more it looks like weak/thin metal, with a lot of load being put on it. Whereas the Jeep mount looks beefier. Not so much something hitting it. Yes, I off-road.
He was replying to @Geekytrails who was commenting on the *location*. (But also posted a picture of an aftermarket(?) jeep shock relocation bracket....

I would like to point out that by mounting the shock *below* the axle not only does it provide different suspension characteristics that I won't pretend to understand, but it also has the effect of lengthening the shock, thus affording more travel.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Observations:
  • Rear seat vents under the seats are pretty worthless. Good thing they are unnecessary anyway in a vehicle this size.
  • The random accent colors are lame - either match to the outside color or don't do it at all.
  • The rear seat legroom looks pretty bad in the 2dr. I think lots of people buying the 2dr because they think it's "cooler" will regret it later.
  • The rear shock mounts need some more protection - agreed they hang a bit low. But easy to do later.
  • Black looks good against the snow with all the accessories. But still not as good as the lighter colors.
  • Is it really black or AMB? ;-)
  • Still stoked for getting mine next year!

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roger that. I don't know if I can pass judgement there then. Just keep in mind shock obsorber loading is always (nearly) linear. Never twisting or bending. So the metal only has to accept loading in very limited directions. Handling impacts from trail obstacles is another story...

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if this is a known issue given that the platform is not new, and that this is not a 'big deal' to this model. However, the lack of corrosion prevention on the underframe at the access points looks like trouble in the future. This vehicle is 'New' for this purpose, but has significant corrosion on the frame at the point where the coating has the hardest time penetration.

Yes, 'pre-production' and all that... but it should be pointed out and addressed.

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 1599676750650
Yes, I too was a little concerned about the amount of corrosion on these areas. Obviously it is pre-production but I would think they would have coated this thing to protect it. Perhaps not... I am not an expert haha.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He was replying to @Geekytrails who was commenting on the *location*. (But also posted a picture of an aftermarket(?) jeep shock relocation bracket....

I would like to point out that by mounting the shock *below* the axle not only does it provide different handling characteristics that I won't pretend to understand, but it also has the effect of lengthening the shock, thus affording more travel.
Yes I understand, and @Geekytrails was responding to me. So I just wanted to carry on the conversation. The brackets the shock is attached to are where my concern is.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great high quality photos. Thanks Just confirms my decision for a four door.
Sponsored