Sponsored

Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer?

JimiRads

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my first summer with the hard top and I'm trying to figure out my "plan of attack" aka how I am going to go about configuring, storing, taking the top off throughout the summer.

This thing is my daily, so I will sometimes pull over and take it off in a parking lot after work. The weekend I will take it off Friday and leave it off until Monday (unless it rains). I usually store the two panels in my trunk in the bag.

Do you guys feel like you are constantly taking this thing off and putting it back on like me? Do you store the panels in the back of your truck, or in your garage? Do you weather watch like me?

I'm questioning getting a soft top for the summer...the hard top is kind of stressing me šŸ˜…
This will be my second summer with my 2-door BD Bronco. I took the top off for a few weeks last summer, but I didnā€™t have a good storage plan and it was a bit of a pain. This year I invested in the TopLift Pros Hard Top lift. It hasnā€™t arrived yet, but Iā€™m excited for an easier time removing and putting the hard top back on.
Sponsored

Bacchanalia

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get a besttop sunrider or skyrider if you got a 4 door.

We love our sunrider. Super easy to flip open and closed at a stop light
I installed Skyrider a couple of weeks ago and love it. It's louder than the hard top but it's worth it. I open my roof every sunny day.

Reactions: rws

octoberguard

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got the Bestop Trektop for my 2dr BB. Storing the hard top on the floor of my garage on a couple heavy duty blankets.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reactions: rws

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m waiting for the carbon color matched skyrider for my hardtop. Need it to match better than black.

Sponsored

Jace 21583

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bestop trektop is the way to go. Takes 45 mins to swap out the hard top and soft top. Hit up nexgenbronco on IG and tell them ky_bronco sent ya šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

pulscherl

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have the two dr and enough height in my shop to put a cable hoist in . so the plan is to pull it and let it hand, then lower it back on... time will tell if it is that simple lol

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that a thing?
Nope but it should be. Me and a few others asked them to produce using carbon color twill and they said no plan right now. Really should not be hard to get closer matching material than black. Geeeezzz @Bestop_Team
It stops me from buying it.

Sponsored

sirloco

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah same. But installing and uninstalling a soft top 2x year sounds bad because of that being more involved.

The top lift pro isnā€™t available for 2 doors yet and my garage doesnā€™t have a tall ceiling so hoist solutions are a bit hard too.
I got my Top lift pro for 2 door bronco about month ago along with the power pro.Plan on assembling it this week I'll give an update when I first use it.

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anxious to take the Hardtop off my 2 door - weather is warming so should be soon. Purchased the Bimini and Bestop Trektop almost a year ago. Still in the box.

Plan is to alternate between hardtop & softop every 6 months.

Front 2 hardtop panels will go in the supplied bag. STILL looking for a storage solution for the larger back piece of the Hardtop. Donā€™t have height clearance in garage for a hoist. Need some sort of padded wheeled cart or way to hang it somehow on a wall safely. Not spending 1k for the TopLift.

Anyone find a storage solution yet for the Hardtop back piece?
I have to agree, 1K for the toplift is and always has been INSANE! It's not worth it for that price, the folks who made it have a great idea on their hands but being the only ones in a niche market does NOT justify charging $1000 for something that looks about $200 - 250.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$1,599-1,799You're over a grand off for the more-expensive twill fabric. It's a fairly-valued product.
https://www.bestop.com/products/skyrider-ford-2021-23-bronco-exc-raptor/?sku=5246217

Ford Bronco Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer? IMG_2465
I saw this top installed on a Bronco while at Super Celebration last week. It's a great fit and looks good with the 4-door. If only the MIC was truly black... but that's a topic for another discussion. Bottom line, after seeing the Skyrider top in person, it's a definite yes on the list of purchases we will be making this summer. Oh, and I got an email from BesTop that has a 10% off coupon code.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that a thing?
Nothing perfectly matches the rear cap. If thats really important to you, take off the entire MIC roof, and install a complete softtop from Ford or Besttop. Theres a price to be paid for versatility. Thats fine with me.

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got my soft top from Bestop on Friday, so now I'm working on getting the hoist set up so I can pull the hard top. Haven't really been in much of a hurry since it doesn't want to actually get warm enough in Michigan to take the top off.
Sponsored