Sponsored

Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small

Which looks better on the Bronco - Large or small ditch lights?

• Total voters

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm looking at BluMak for minimal wind noise, minimal hood glare, and minimal view blockage.

1712598515020-ey.png
I like his design. The only thing that I don't like is that you cannot aim the lights. But it's a nice slick mount
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like his design. The only thing that I don't like is that you cannot aim the lights. But it's a nice slick mount
It looks like you can adjust it up or down, but I agree - Side to side would be next-level!

The low profile nature of this is very appealing - Not only is it small, but should give pretty good light output with the choice of light they selected too.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They adjust from flat to 45% down. I don't see a need to adjust left/right with the right pattern.

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know there's lots of posts on B6G around ditch lights and the various types, but I didn't come across one that asks this question: Which ditch lights look the best on the Bronco?

I realize there's light output, pattern, back lighting, etc. as all other features to consider too, but if we're just talking aesthetics in a general sense, which would you go with? Something small and low profile, or something much larger and aggressive? Please note: The examples in the attached poll are not the specific models I'm looking at, and only provided as examples of size.

Interested to hear your insights - Would love to see some pictures of your setup. Also curious if anyone has ditch lights that are easy to turn? What I mean is I may need additional auxiliary lighting when parked, pointed a certain direction (kind of like a spotlight I suppose). Curious if there's anything on the market which allows for easy movement without tools (or minimal tools/ease-ability)?

Thanks!

XL 80 if you are looking for the brightest solution on the A-pillar or the Lp4 if you are willing to sacrifice a little intensity for the 200 Degreed IPT shooter backlight and modern look. That would be the largest I recommend as anything bigger might look off. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions would gladly help

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know there's lots of posts on B6G around ditch lights and the various types, but I didn't come across one that asks this question: Which ditch lights look the best on the Bronco?

I realize there's light output, pattern, back lighting, etc. as all other features to consider too, but if we're just talking aesthetics in a general sense, which would you go with? Something small and low profile, or something much larger and aggressive? Please note: The examples in the attached poll are not the specific models I'm looking at, and only provided as examples of size.

Interested to hear your insights - Would love to see some pictures of your setup. Also curious if anyone has ditch lights that are easy to turn? What I mean is I may need additional auxiliary lighting when parked, pointed a certain direction (kind of like a spotlight I suppose). Curious if there's anything on the market which allows for easy movement without tools (or minimal tools/ease-ability)?

Thanks!
XL 80 if you are looking for the brightest solution on the A-pillar or the Lp4 if you are willing to sacrifice a little intensity for the 200 Degreed IPT shooter backlight and modern look. That would be the largest I recommend as anything bigger might look off. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions would gladly help

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

As mentioned above, XL80 if you want intensity and the brightest A-Pillar light on the market. The LP4 is a nice option, but can add hood glare with the side shooters. The LP series has a backlight as mentioned, so if aesthetics is important or if youre matching Raptor lighting, the LP4 will fit right in. Personally I run XL80 for the output as when those lights are on, that "zone" i am wanting total raw output. Side shooters on the LPseries is nice, however I run a wide pattern on my fog lights which covers what the side shooters would throw out anyway so tit for tat, the LP vs XL is no comparison for forward output.

Other options would be to run a mirror bracket which can couple with a "ditch light" and allows you to throw a side shooting light, Baja S1 or a wide patterned small cube light to give the side effect that an LP series offers without throwing light over the hood and back at you.
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 1712608095387-lh

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned above, XL80 if you want intensity and the brightest A-Pillar light on the market. The LP4 is a nice option, but can add hood glare with the side shooters. The LP series has a backlight as mentioned, so if aesthetics is important or if youre matching Raptor lighting, the LP4 will fit right in. Personally I run XL80 for the output as when those lights are on, that "zone" i am wanting total raw output. Side shooters on the LPseries is nice, however I run a wide pattern on my fog lights which covers what the side shooters would throw out anyway so tit for tat, the LP vs XL is no comparison for forward output.

Other options would be to run a mirror bracket which can couple with a "ditch light" and allows you to throw a side shooting light, Baja S1 or a wide patterned small cube light to give the side effect that an LP series offers without throwing light over the hood and back at you.
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 1712608095387-lh
Thanks!

Can you link the bracket shown in your picture?

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

ORACLE Terry

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base

TxCatalystMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche 911 CarreraS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks!
I chose Baja Design Squadron Sports and paired them with the Baja Design S1's for my ditch lights then added the Baja Design LP6 up front, and yeah, I keep them covered unless I'm off-roading at night. They're too expensive to have them knocked out by road debris on the highway!

Front pic.jpg

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmmm, it looks like size doesn't matter, it's all about shape.

I'm old school when it comes to styling, round looks so much better to me. Time will tell when it comes time to drop my cash. But I've been putting thought into this recently.

Getareellife

Heritage
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Thanks!
Abide the lines

IMG_8170.jpeg

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use a pair of Baja Design S1's in a wide corning amber beam configuration as ditch lights. They do a nice job of filling in were my front mounted LP6's stop.

I plan to mount either S1's or S2's scene/work pattern to the rear rack to help fill in the rear quarter. Turning around at night in the woods by backing between trees was challenging. I have a a rear chase light, but I have a real gap in lighting in the rear quarter that makes it hard to navigate a sharp turn backwards at night in the trees.

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small E648746C-F564-4691-97B0-C43C82C0B7ED_1_105_c

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can we get an option that says:

“Neither. The headlights are fine and a clean Bronco looks best.”