First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, 2021 Ram 1500 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any ideas? I want the Amber to run with the running lights. Then use the white on the aux switch

20240119_054521-picsay.jpg
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any ideas? I want the Amber to run with the running lights. Then use the white on the aux switch

I guess you want to run the backlight on these?

I have Rigid 360 as my ditch lights, and on them, I have the inner set backlight is amber, and the outside pair backlight is white (They were replaced because one had water in it)

That said, ALL of my backlights are on switch 5 in my Bronco. My 40-inch light bar has an RGB backlight which is set to amber. So when I hit up fitter switch 5 all of my backlights come on.

Ford Bronco Ditch lights question 1705875394105

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have Rigid 360 as my ditch lights, and on them, I have the inner set backlight is amber, and the outside pair backlight is white (They were replaced because one had water in it)

That said, ALL of my backlights are on switch 5 in my Bronco. My 40-inch light bar has an RGB backlight which is set to amber. So when I hit up fitter switch 5 all of my backlights come on.

Which dual bracket did you go with?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lak34ers : The Rigid dual bracket. nice bracket fits in the location very nicely. Rigid is spelled out on the bracket, or rather cut out in the bracket.

OP
OP

Haunteddude

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That looks beautiful but I only want the white on my switch. And I want the amber to come on with the running lights.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Black ground, red to fuse under hood, and yellow to aux switch. Test before securing it all.

That should cover it, no?

OP
OP

Haunteddude

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope. Amber will not go on. Only when the wire harness from nilight is used.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Amber will not go on. Only when the wire harness from nilight is used.
Amber, is your backlight correct? So you want it like a daytime running light no? Hmm I would guess you would need to connect the yellow to the circuit that handles the daytime running lights?

Full discloser I am not the best one to ask about this. My electrical is rudimentary at best.

TXBronco72

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 / 4D ‘23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

This may work (plugs into headlight harness - I believe you would power the yellow wire with it and black to ground / red to aux switch). They sell this harness with some of their fog kits with back lighting. You may want to call them and explain what your trying to do.

FYI - the backlight probably wasn’t working on your set up because it goes off when you turn the white light on -i.e. you had continuous power to both of them at the same time

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...many-vehicles?_pos=2&_psq=Backli&_ss=e&_v=1.0

SPV Parts Harness System Bronco (& Bronco Raptor) Parking/Headlight Connector Adapter (Powers Aftermarket Backlights w/ Parking/Markers) (Works w/ MANY vehicles)

IMG_0922.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Haunteddude

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi thanks but the problem is not where to tap in the power. The problem is if I just put the yellow to positive and the black to ground It doesn't work.. It only works when I use the full supplied wiring harness with their little button that switches modes.. I've never going to switch modes. I don't understand why the yellow to positive and the black to negative doesn't light the amber. it only does when it's controlled by supplied relay and switching button.

Last edited:

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This may work (plugs into headlight harness - I believe you would power the yellow wire with it and black to ground / red to aux switch). They sell this harness with some of their fog kits with back lighting. You may want to call them and explain what your trying to do.

FYI - the backlight probably wasn’t working on your set up because it goes off when you turn the white light on -i.e. you had continuous power to both of them at the same time

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...many-vehicles?_pos=2&_psq=Backli&_ss=e&_v=1.0

SPV Parts Harness System Bronco (& Bronco Raptor) Parking/Headlight Connector Adapter (Powers Aftermarket Backlights w/ Parking/Markers) (Works w/ MANY vehicles)

Ford Bronco Ditch lights question IMG_0922
Can confirm this is what you want. Bought it and the 1 to 2, and 1 to 3 adapters as well as there aux switch wiring kit!

Ford Bronco Ditch lights question WPDoubleSplitter

Ford Bronco Ditch lights question WPTripleSplitter

Ford Bronco Ditch lights question BroncoPassthruWiresEntireKit

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi thanks but the problem is not where to tap in the power. The problem is if I just put the yellow depositive and the black to ground. It doesn't work.. It only works when I use the full supplied wiring harness with their little button that switches modes.. I've never going to switch modes. I don't understand why the yellow depositive and the black to negative. Doesn't white the amber only when it's controlled by supplied relay and switching button.
That doesn't make sense. From your first picture you connected the black wire to neg and yellow wire to pos and the back light didn't come on?

Only asking because your first post says that you only connected the yellow to pos and didn't attach black to neg.

OP
OP

Haunteddude

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I put red to positive, black to negative, and white works. Yellow to positive and black to negative......nothing

Oly_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I put red to positive, black to negative, and white works. Yellow to positive and black to negative......nothing
I am curious what happens when you connect yellow to an aux switch? When you turn on the switch does the back light come on? I have both LP4's and LP6's that have back light and my red go to my aux switches and my black goes to ground and the backlight wire goes to the SPV Parts harness so whenever my headlight circuit has power the backlights come on.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs