First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've owned my bronco for about a month now. I filled up my tank last Friday (4 days ago) and noticed my digital gas gauge hasn't dropped at all. The Miles to Empty appears to be working correctly and the average MPGs are changing so it seems like it might just be a UI glitch. Wondering what I should do about this? It appeared to work fine up until now.

While on the topic there's also some other annoying things that seem to be electronics related:

1. My screen sometimes just stays black when i turn on the vehicle or other times will glitch at the intro animation and just stay on the bronco graphic. Not a huge deal as turning the vehicle off/on again fixes it but still annoying.

2. Air recirculation will only stay on for a min or two before turning itself off. This is driving me crazy as I hate the smell of exhaust from traffic entering the cabin. All my other vehicles run in recirculation mode all the time unless I'm on a long road trip then I'll manually disable from time to time to pull in some fresh air.

3. Have to disable auto start-stop every time I drive. Guessing this isn't a glitch but annoying none the less. Any other vehicle i've owned with this had a full-time master override in settings.

4. I like to drive in Sport mode but it appears to not remember this between starts. The GOAT mode will automatically switch backed to Normal but will also remain in 4A.

5. Only 10 radio presets when the UI could support infinite
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2, 3 and 4 are all normal. It should ask if you want to stay in the previous mode. If you don’t press okay, it’ll go back to normal mode.
As for the other issues, your best option is to bring it to your dealer so they can figure out what’s wrong.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is the gas gauge updating on the Ford pass app?

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2010 Audi R8 V10
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have always believed this is a little trick Ford has done for many years with the gas gauge. When you fill the gas tank the level goes higher then the float and you drive around thinking you are getting great mileage as the needle is not moving for some time, but then after the level gets lower you notice the gauge starting to drop to the point you are asking where all the gas is going. So enjoy the moment that you think you are getting great mileage it wears off after a while, ask me how I know... lol

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fuel gauge does not cover the degradation of the Dilithium Crystals with regular use. You have to get Scotty to check on that.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have always believed this is a little trick Ford has done for many years with the gas gauge. When you fill the gas tank the level goes higher then the float and you drive around thinking you are getting great mileage as the needle is not moving for some time, but then after the level gets lower you notice the gauge starting to drop to the point you are asking where all the gas is going. So enjoy the moment that you think you are getting great mileage it wears off after a while, ask me how I know... lol
I used to joke about my Ranger - the first half tank would get 300 miles, the last half tank would get 50.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've owned my bronco for about a month now. I filled up my tank last Friday (4 days ago) and noticed my digital gas gauge hasn't dropped at all. The Miles to Empty appears to be working correctly and the average MPGs are changing so it seems like it might just be a UI glitch. Wondering what I should do about this? It appeared to work fine up until now.

While on the topic there's also some other annoying things that seem to be electronics related:

1. My screen sometimes just stays black when i turn on the vehicle or other times will glitch at the intro animation and just stay on the bronco graphic. Not a huge deal as turning the vehicle off/on again fixes it but still annoying.

2. Air recirculation will only stay on for a min or two before turning itself off. This is driving me crazy as I hate the smell of exhaust from traffic entering the cabin. All my other vehicles run in recirculation mode all the time unless I'm on a long road trip then I'll manually disable from time to time to pull in some fresh air.

3. Have to disable auto start-stop every time I drive. Guessing this isn't a glitch but annoying none the less. Any other vehicle i've owned with this had a full-time master override in settings.

4. I like to drive in Sport mode but it appears to not remember this between starts. The GOAT mode will automatically switch backed to Normal but will also remain in 4A.

For #5, there is a setting under Radio, I think, where you can change the number of available presets.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for reminding me I need to get gas tonight :LOL:

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

My rappy does the blank screen upon startup, but no issues with the bronco yet. (Both 2022)

Try turning auto off to see if that does anything for the recirc. My understanding is that this is to prevent the dirty sock smell that was happening on other Ford models from 2018-2020. I’ve gone through the modules and tried to turn it off but have had no luck.

Three can be disabled with Forscan

Normal

Uncertain

Hope this helps if not already answered by other members

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For #5, there is a setting under Radio, I think, where you can change the number of available presets.
This is true. Added presets 11-13 from SiriusXM the other day from while fiddling with some settings.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Try turning auto off to see if that does anything for the recirc. My understanding is that this is to prevent the dirty sock smell that was happening on other Ford models from 2018-2020. I’ve gone through the modules and tried to turn it off but have had no luck.
There was a settlement about emissions getting into the cabin on 2011-2017 Explorers, particularly police cruisers. Ford didn't issue a recall but did cut a big check in a settlement - and part of their "fix" was to utterly break cabin recirc to prevent it from happening again.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...rder-probe-without-seeking-recall-2023-01-23/

From the article:
Ford also issued a procedure in 2017 as part of a Field Service Action (FSA) that includes a heating and cooling reprogramming operation as part of a field service action. Tests demonstrated a substantial reduction of carbon monoxide levels due solely to reprogramming, NHTSA said.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There was a settlement about emissions getting into the cabin on 2011-2017 Explorers, particularly police cruisers. Ford didn't issue a recall but did cut a big check in a settlement - and part of their "fix" was to utterly break cabin recirc to prevent it from happening again.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...rder-probe-without-seeking-recall-2023-01-23/

From the article:
Ford also issued a procedure in 2017 as part of a Field Service Action (FSA) that includes a heating and cooling reprogramming operation as part of a field service action. Tests demonstrated a substantial reduction of carbon monoxide levels due solely to reprogramming, NHTSA said.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you for the correction. You’d think they’d have done this for when the vehicle is in park versus driving. Makes me crazy to be driving in super dusty conditions and the recirc turns off.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa, get a load of this guy over here that can afford a full tank of gas. Showoff!
Sponsored