Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im not a Vet, but I also love buying from Vet owned businesses! Thank you for your service and God Bless!

I’m gonna post a section about my air setup this evening, which includes my solution for hoses.
Thank you my friend! I'll be looking forward to your next video!
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Howdy all!

Back in December of 2023 I bought a used 23 Badlands with Sasquatch & high package. It came with a 2.5" RC lift/level, which is staying for now but will ultimately be replaced, and KMC wheels/Toyo OC RTs (run these tires on my super duty and love em). The truck had 4k miles on it and I've put another 1500 on it since purchasing.

I am coming off of the Polaris RZR platform predominantly because my best bud, John McClane (named after the protagonist in the best Christmas movie ever; Mac for short) won't ride with me. Not sure why but he is scared straight of golf carts and anything that sounds remotely like a motorcycle. I've had him since he was 8 weeks and he's two now. Fortunately he loves the Bronco!

I've been modding like a maniac and will post each mod thus far as a comment.

This is Mac--at 120lbs and 37" tall he's unusually large for a Labrador Retriever and I often encounter him with his snout and big ol gums atop a counter pilfering for scraps. On all fours he's high torque and perpetual energy 😅

IMG_0835.jpeg
IMG_0802.jpeg
That boy is in shape! and at 120lbs he is big for a lab.... He is an absolutely beautiful dog! Yes you have to take him with.... Screw the ATVs....

OP
OP
thetxpopulist

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That boy is in shape! and at 120lbs he is big for a lab.... He is an absolutely beautiful dog! Yes you have to take him with.... Screw the ATVs....
Thank you for the kind words! He's well trained and obedient, but every once and a while he gets a wild hair and can be a handful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thetxpopulist

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Audio System, Accessory Infrastructure, Additional Auxiliary Switching
----------------

For Starters, thanks to all out there for all of their efforts and meticulous write-ups/documentation/video. Principally to @RagnarKon, your write-ups and YT videos were fantastic.

Initially I went with the following setup:

- Kicker Key 200.4 to drive the front stage
- 4" JL Audio Coaxils for the dash
- 6.5" JL Audio Coaxils for the rear still driven by the factory amplification
- JL 8" sub
- JL 250.1 Class D AMP

Having grown up a car audio freak, I was disappointed with the above; especially with tops off. IMHO it didn't come close to the factory setup in my 2014 Super Duty. Here is the final build list I am VERY pleased with. Probably overkill for most but it sounds great even barelling down the highway tops off at 80mph :teehee:

- JL Audio XDM600/6
- JL Audio C1-650se Componets (components with tweeters in dash and drivers in kicks are the money as many have indicated)
- JL Audio C1-650x Coaxils For the rears and Mabbet enclosures to fit them
- JL Audio JD250/1 Subwoofer amp
- JL Audio 8W1v3-4 Subwoofer in the stock enclosure with some trimming
- Ran Aux/all new speaker cables back to the Amps while I was bringing power back
- Since I was running it, went ahead and did 0 gauge wiring kit and a distribution block strategically mounted behind the passenger side access panel in the cargo area for easy access/future accessory power. At $70 the 0 gauge kit is a STELLAR deal.

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0356

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0370

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0704

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0703

Despite having upfitter switches, I put an eight switch auxbeam in as well knowing the upfitters would run out quickly. Some under hood wiring shots. I've used cable sleeve and heat shrink on everything. All connections are waterproof & soldered using these awesome connectors.

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0820

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0859
y

the included bracket worked great to mount to the battery:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0822

Trimmed the back of the terminal cover to accommodate wires:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0824

@Melzingah here's the audio upgrade!

Last edited:
OP
OP
thetxpopulist

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Board Air System
----------
When I set out to install this I saw very few people with the air tank outside the truck, so I ended up solutioning this from scratch.

Notably, this only works by replacing the desecration that is the stock muffler, and it's gargantuan presence. Shame on you Ford.

If I didn't need the space, I would not have replaced the muffler (never been an exhaust guy). This is a low profile Borla coupled on to the stock piping to reclaim the space consumed by the stock muffler.

The on board air system is comprised of:

Viar Compressor mounted under hood. The Compressor switches on if pressure switch on the air tank detects less than 150 PSI only IF I have the respective Auxbeam switch on:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0825

4 Gallon Pancake tank from horn blasters. 5 gallon that came with the kit was slightly too tall. Snapped the pic before reinstalling heat shield, and don't mind the pressure gauge, needed something to plug that port :)

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0848

Notably, the tank and muffler extend slightly below the bumper, maybe 1/2-3/4". But still less than the ridiculous stock muffler, so not a concern in that regard:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0850

One line goes to the air valve that controls flow to the four horns (picture taken from rear of truck looking forward, just past the axle there's tons of space:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0839

The other line goes up in the cargo area to the Apex CRS, where I have a high flo female QD:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0840

QD makes it easy to plug in the EZ Flate system, amongst other things:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0841

In the EZ FLATE bag I keep a reel of spare DOT approved air line should the need arise to repair in the field. I have fittings and couplers, hose clamps, etc. in the MOLLE bags:

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build IMG_0842

@Searchdawg this is the complete build sheet for the onboard air.

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you for the kind words! He's well trained and obedient, but every once and a while he gets a wild hair and can be a handful.
Fully understand... I am a dog guy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thetxpopulist

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fully understand... I am a dog guy.
Amen! Looking at your sig, dogs are one of two things we have in common :)

Only really need deep-rooted faith to remain sane in today's world. But dogs and Broncos sure are some nice-to-haves!

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
... my best bud, John McClane ...

Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build dale-gribble-koth
Cool Bronco and all ... but how F'n cool to name your dog John MCClain!!!!

I swear I would walk around all day saying "shoot the glass' , 'Hans Bubbie' and of course ' Come out to the coast, we'll get together have a few laughs'

Oh and you have to get him this:
Ford Bronco Rusty Shackleford's 2023 Badlands Build TwinkieChewToy

OP
OP
thetxpopulist

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool Bronco and all ... but how F'n cool to name your dog John MCClain!!!!

I swear I would walk around all day saying "shoot the glass' , 'Hans Bubbie' and of course ' Come out to the coast, we'll get together have a few laughs'

Oh and you have to get him this:
TwinkieChewToy.png
Hahaha! Thank you! I would buy him these toys but we have a no-stuffed-toys policy.... since.... well, he humped the first and last stuffed toy he had, to death :crackup: not even kidding, it was a "beating heart" dog I got to help him transition from the litter lol

Edit: the sound is what makes the vid :teehee: