indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up my 2-door this afternoon and a couple things I noticed right away.

My other 2-door with optional Leather Interior has the adjustable head rests on the front seats. My new one has the Marine Grade Vinyl and does not have adjustable head rests on the front seats. Both 2-Doors have non power seats no matter which interior you choose.

The rear deck section behind the rear seats is now a thick plastic that you lift up to get to the storage and Jack area. My other 2-Door has a carpeted section here.

Just like the Early Broncos, the 6G is constantly changing as well.
How do you like driving with adjustable vs non-adjustable headrests? Personally I don't like the non-adjustable, my head is pushed too far forward.

There are complaints by people across the board on various vehicles about the "hunchback headrests". My wife is going to hate it, she has good posture. I'm fixing to bend the headrest rods to address the issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you like driving with adjustable vs non-adjustable headrests? Personally I don't like the non-adjustable, my head is pushed too far forward.

There are complaints by people across the board on various vehicles about the "hunchback headrests". My wife is going to hate it, she has good posture. I'm fixing to bend the headrest rods to address the issue.

Update: I found some adjustable head rests that will be redone in leather when the seats are reupholstered.

I don't like the non-adjustable head rests at all. Yes, they are too far forward. I have to lean my seat back a little so my head is not on the head rest all the time. Bending the rods is an option. I am on the look out for replacements from an optional leather truck.

Last edited:

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is A LOT more sound coming from the rear pods now with the 6.5" speakers. The PRV speakers I chose are considered a Mid Range speaker (like original) they are very efficient, much better sounding with a broad range. Updating the rear pods had the greatest improvement overall.

The Rear Pads are very easy to change out in a 2-door. With a 4-Door Hard Top the top Bolts on the Pod Brackets are more difficult to get to due to being very close to the top. Much easier with a Soft Top.

Here is a difference in size between the 4" and the 6 3/4" Kickers I installed in my other 2-Door. I ended up putting the PRV speakers in that one too. It's a much larger size difference than what you would expect.

IMG_0687.jpg

Here is a comparison between the Kickers I removed and the PRV I installed in my other 2-Door.

View attachment 545580

View attachment 545581
Sold! Im going to order these today! Did you get more sound with the Kickers as well? Are the PRV's that much louder and better?

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sold! Im going to order these today! Did you get more sound with the Kickers as well? Are the PRV's that much louder and better?
The Kickers were a lot better than the original 4" speakers as well. These are nice speakers too. Range is all the way up to 21K hertz. Most of us can't hear over 15K Hertz. Maybe 12K Hertz???

The PRV just seemed to be a much better quality in product and overall sound. Range of 100-12.5K Hertz and paired very well with the Kicker Subwoofer.

Last edited:

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Kickers were a lot better than the original 4" speakers as well. These are nice speakers too. Range is all the way up to 21K hertz. Most of us can't hear over 15K Hertz. Maybe 12K Hertz???

The PRV just seemed to be a much better quality in product and overall sound. Range of 100-12.5K Hertz.
Last Question. I have seen some reports of the Mabett speaker pods not fitting the 2 door well on Amazon. Did you have any issues or any feedback? Im between those and the SSV pods

Sponsored
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last Question. I have seen some reports of the Mabett speaker pods not fitting the 2 door well on Amazon. Did you have any issues or any feedback? Im between those and the SSV pods
No problem at all for installing on the 2-door. The 4-Door hard top has almost no room to take out the original pods. The top of the bolts are right next to the top.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the JCR Tailgate Table this morning. It took less than an hour for install. (I pre-assembled the Table) I really like this Tailgate Table because there is No drilling and it does not rattle at all.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0826

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0827

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Expedition One Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier Install is next.

Six bolts and 2 wire harness clips (1 on each end) and the OEM bumper is off.

There is really No comparison between the two bumpers. The Expedition One Bumper makes the OEM (Badlands Steel Bumper) seem like a piece of Tin.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0829

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier installed. It still needs to be adjusted a little.

I am very impressed with the excellent quality of the Expedition One bumper. The Powder Coat is VERY nice!

This design caught my eye for 2 reasons. The Tire Carrier on the bumper takes the complete weight of the tire off the Tailgate. The Tire Carrier and Rear Swing Gate open as one.

My only complaint is there is no 3rd Brake Light Bracket included with the Rear Bumper. I have a temp aluminum bracket installed for now, works great, but needs to be a little more sturdy.

I did mount the 37" Tire on the Carrier and tried to make it move or make some noise. Nothing. Very sturdy and no movement at all. Let's see what it's like while driving and bouncing around.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0839

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cold Air Intake is installed. I am going to have to adjust or modify the Compressor Bracket to fit correctly. Maybe just remount the Compressor Farther back to add clearance for the CAI?

As of about noon today, the suspension install is well under way as well.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build Resized_20230809_161443.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suspension is installed and looking Great!

Sliders are going on next. These do Not interfere with the rear Icon reservoir location like the AMP steps do.

I hope I'll pick up the Bronco tomorrow.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0842

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0844

Last edited:

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cold Air Intake is installed. I am going to have to adjust or modify the Compressor Bracket to fit correctly. Maybe just remount the Compressor Farther back to add clearance.

As of about noon today, the suspension install is well under way as well.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Iconic Silver Badlands Build IMG_0844
Nice build! I’m actually also looking at the AFE intake + exhaust but haven’t heard what they sound like when both installed at the same time.

Do you mind uploading what it sounds like at idle and/or when accelerating, if you get the chance? Thanks!

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice build! I’m actually also looking at the AFE intake + exhaust but haven’t heard what they sound like when both installed at the same time.

Do you mind uploading what it sounds like at idle and/or when accelerating, if you get the chance? Thanks!

I can, but the AFE website has the sound clips to all of their exhaust systems.
Sponsored