First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow- that's a lot of work.........If you add the time, labor and parts I'll bet if far exceeds Sasquatch from the factory. And there are other things you are adding that Sas doesn't have so your build will end up being more than Sas.

I am still curious if you do add your labor- even at a reduced rate how much the cost is. If you had shop do all that work, the cost would be ridiculously high. It's great you have the time to do this- I am envious! (I am restoring a 1987 Chevy V10 short box 4 X 4. and I don't have the time to work on it nearly as much as I want to as I work the typical 10 hours a day full time job routine.......and the work I am having done outside......jeez 10K chunks does not get you much)
I'm not even close to what the Sasquatch package costs. I can't remember what exact cost was when we originally ordered but If I remember it was like $8000. My setup from a SAS standpoint was only $1400 ($1500 wheels/tires, $200 shocks, $100 alignment & sold stockers for $400)and about 4 hours of my labor with my son while teaching him. That leaves me around $6k if we ever want to do more like gears or a rear locker. I knew from the beginning SAS wasn't for us as we don't hard core offroad our vehicles anymore as I hate tearing them up, we have a RZR for that.
Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did the sub box and grill come with your bronco?
I haven't pulled the panel to confirm but I'm 99% sure the sub box is there as I can see the sub through the grill. I actually just ordered a Kicker Sub, Soundsteam Amp, plug and play harness with LCi2, and an install kit so will have that build in a week or so.

I'm not sure why Ford would put a Sub without a magnet, an Amp without any guts and a sub box in if the stuff doesn't work???

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't pulled the panel to confirm but I'm 99% sure the sub box is there as I can see the sub through the grill. I actually just ordered a Kicker Sub, Soundsteam Amp, plug and play harness with LCi2, and an install kit so will have that build in a week or so.

I'm not sure why Ford would put a Sub without a magnet, an Amp without any guts and a sub box in if the stuff doesn't work???
Great news thanks! I am going to be happy when mine is built with the box and grill included. The aftermarket install will be much easier.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great news thanks! I am going to be happy when mine is built with the box and grill included. The aftermarket install will be much easier.
Yes for sure and the new audio gear will be 10 times better than what Ford has in there, I'm all in for under $500.
Kicker Comp RT 48CWRT82 - $131 shipped Ebay
SoundStream RSM1.2000d - $139 shipped Ebay
PlugNPlay Harnes #3 - $185 Shipped PlugN Play
Pyle Car Audio Wiring kit - $29 shipped Amazon

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not even close to what the Sasquatch package costs. I can't remember what exact cost was when we originally ordered but If I remember it was like $8000. My setup from a SAS standpoint was only $1400 ($1500 wheels/tires, $200 shocks, $100 alignment & sold stockers for $400)and about 4 hours of my labor with my son while teaching him. That leaves me around $6k if we ever want to do more like gears or a rear locker.
For MY22 it was about $5800 to go from a Base, to Sasquatch. Great job showing the kid how to wrench.

Last edited:

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes for sure and the new audio gear will be 10 times better than what Ford has in there, I'm all in for under $500.
Kicker Comp RT 48CWRT82 - $131 shipped Ebay
SoundStream RSM1.2000d - $139 shipped Ebay
PlugNPlay Harnes #3 - $185 Shipped PlugN Play
Pyle Car Audio Wiring kit - $29 shipped Amazon
Looks like you have a great plan. Post some before and after pics for us all to see :)

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for our Bronco to get built for 16 months and we finally took delivery Tuesday 2/21/23. Once I received my VIN back in Nov I started researching what I was going to do to it and started searching for parts. I ended up landing on a FakeSquatch since the wheels/tires and suspension were readily available and cheap, this Bronco will end up being my youngest sons in a year so keeping it CHEAP on the build.

Here's what it looked like when we brought it home 3 days ago, I was actually surprised how bad the steelies looked with those small tires so we got right after the build.

Bronco day 1.jpg

Day 2 and 3 we added the below list of parts:

- Factory Running Boards
- White Bronco Letters
- Stubby Antenna
- Husky liners front and rear
- Nylon Grab Handles
- Sasquatch Shocks
- Sasquatch Wheels/Tires
- Rough Country Level kit front, just the 2 round shims per side.
- Rough Country Level kit rear, just the 2 round shims per side.
- Modular Bumper with Bull bar
- Metal Skid plate

Here's today after these mods

Bronco day 3.jpg

Had windows tinted 20% today and I did a full Graphene ceramic coat and installed the BD lights yesterday.

bronco-tint-jpg.jpg

Still on the list to get done:

- Window tint all around 20%
- Front mud flaps
- Get the deleted Sub working, probably a Kicker shallow 8 and Amp
- Once Sub is working figure out what speakers need to be upgraded to keep up
- Sound deadening
- Baja Designs XL80's at the pillar location
- Some kind of mod bumper pocket fog lights
- Watching for some seat covers, Mabett or OEM take offs
- Looking for a solid Vinyl bikini top(not mesh), looks like nobody makes one yet.
- Upgrade Gearing to 4.7 or higher
- Truetrac or ARB air locker in rear once I figure out how to upgrade gearing
Nice!

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are those wildtrak takeoff wheels or did you paint them black? Looks good, sounds like a fun project

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me know what you find out about the M190 re-gearing. I have a base with 33" tires, but want to eventually re-gear when my warranty expires to possibly up the suspension and go to 35s. I may have to also just swap out the front axel and a gear in the rear.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me know what you find out about the M190 re-gearing. I have a base with 33" tires, but want to eventually re-gear when my warranty expires to possibly up the suspension and go to 35s. I may have to also just swap out the front axel and a gear in the rear.
Right now the front axle swap and rear diff swap is all that is out there that I have found. I don't want to do all that so I'm waiting to see what options come out.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much did you pay for the sas wheels/suspension? I will probably be doing the same thing. I'm seeing take off sas suspension for $300-$500 and wheels from $1.2k-$1.5k
Sorry just noticed this, I scored on the sas suspension @$200, the wheels and tires were $1500. I wanted a little more lift so I also did 2 -$70 Rough country level kits and added 2 of the round spacers on top of rears(that's all that will fit) and the other 2 round spacers on top up front. I had the lower spacer in the front but it was nose high with it so I removed them. When I bought the sas shocks the guy at the shop couldn't remember if they were from a 2.7 or 2.3 but they were 2 door and I'm guessing 2.7 now that it was nose high. He has more shocks but I think he raised the prices(Colorado Bronco Outfitters).

If you're doing your own lift I'd recommend doing the LCA drop instead of the full take down, the front was actually easier than the back!

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
When swapping out the front you have to match the rear as well.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When swapping out the front you have to match the rear as well.
Ya I know that I've done about 8 gear swaps over the years!

brucehawk14

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek/ 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for our Bronco to get built for 16 months and we finally took delivery Tuesday 2/21/23. Once I received my VIN back in Nov I started researching what I was going to do to it and started searching for parts. I ended up landing on a FakeSquatch since the wheels/tires and suspension were readily available and cheap, this Bronco will end up being my youngest sons in a year so keeping it CHEAP on the build.

Here's what it looked like when we brought it home 3 days ago, I was actually surprised how bad the steelies looked with those small tires so we got right after the build.

Bronco day 1.jpg

Day 2 and 3 we added the below list of parts:

- Factory Running Boards
- White Bronco Letters
- Stubby Antenna
- Husky liners front and rear
- Nylon Grab Handles
- Sasquatch Shocks
- Sasquatch Wheels/Tires
- Rough Country Level kit front, just the 2 round shims per side.
- Rough Country Level kit rear, just the 2 round shims per side.
- Modular Bumper with Bull bar
- Metal Skid plate

Here's today after these mods

Bronco day 3.jpg

Had windows tinted 20% today and I did a full Graphene ceramic coat and installed the BD lights yesterday.

bronco-tint-jpg.jpg

Still on the list to get done:

- Window tint all around 20%
- Front mud flaps
- Get the deleted Sub working, probably a Kicker shallow 8 and Amp
- Once Sub is working figure out what speakers need to be upgraded to keep up
- Sound deadening
- Baja Designs XL80's at the pillar location
- Some kind of mod bumper pocket fog lights
- Watching for some seat covers, Mabett or OEM take offs
- Looking for a solid Vinyl bikini top(not mesh), looks like nobody makes one yet.
- Upgrade Gearing to 4.7 or higher
- Truetrac or ARB air locker in rear once I figure out how to upgrade gearing
I hope to get mine built soon still waiting g on a build date but mine gonna be a blackdiamond non SAS but I really like the suspension set up they have on the SAS, I wonder how much that would be to get after market
Sponsored