Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve read somewhere that they are welded together so you will need to still do a swap.
Well there goes my future children's college fund.
Sponsored

Loren

Base
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good afternoon, I retested and unfortunately you were correct, it does not work. 😢 I guess I will have to upgrade eventually to an amp and sub installed on/in the encasement.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed the CURT Tow Receiver and Wire Harness yesterday, was kind of a spiderweb of wires to cram in that little area in behind the drivers tail light. Also added a HD Electrical Connector so I didn't have the trailer wires hanging.
Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build BRonco Curt Tow

Had some extra time after tow install so started the Sub Install by pulling the side panel and sub box out. I did have the empty AMP with RED X and no magnet Sub.
Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build Bronco OEM SUB and AMP

To fit the Kicker sub in the OEM box I will need to trim off about a half inch circle, the Kicker is WAY beefer than the OEM.
Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build Bronco OEM Sub Box
Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build KIcker Sub

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for our Bronco to get built for 16 months and we finally took delivery Tuesday 2/21/23. Once I received my VIN back in Nov I started researching what I was going to do to it and started searching for parts. I ended up landing on a FakeSquatch since the wheels/tires and suspension were readily available and cheap, this Bronco will end up being my youngest sons in a year so keeping it CHEAP on the build.

Here's what it looked like when we brought it home 3 days ago, I was actually surprised how bad the steelies looked with those small tires so we got right after the build.

Day 2 and 3 we added the below list of parts:

- Factory Running Boards
- White Bronco Letters
- Stubby Antenna
- Husky liners front and rear
- Nylon Grab Handles
- Sasquatch Shocks
- Sasquatch Wheels/Tires
- Rough Country Level kit front, just the 2 round shims per side.
- Rough Country Level kit rear, just the 2 round shims per side.
- Modular Bumper with Bull bar
- Metal Skid plate

Here's today after these mods

Had windows tinted 20% today and I did a full Graphene ceramic coat and installed the BD lights yesterday.

Still on the list to get done:

- Window tint all around 20%
- Front mud flaps
- Get the deleted Sub working, probably a Kicker shallow 8 and Amp
- Once Sub is working figure out what speakers need to be upgraded to keep up
- Sound deadening
- Baja Designs XL80's at the pillar location
- Some kind of mod bumper pocket fog lights
- Watching for some seat covers, Mabett or OEM take offs
- Looking for a solid Vinyl bikini top(not mesh), looks like nobody makes one yet.
- Upgrade Gearing to 4.7 or higher
- Truetrac or ARB air locker in rear once I figure out how to upgrade gearing
Looks amazing! How/where did you find all of the upgrades? - Sasquatch Wheels/Tires, running boards etc?!

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks amazing! How/where did you find all of the upgrades? - Sasquatch Wheels/Tires, running boards etc?!
All of the Ford parts like Sasquatch stuff and boards were from Craigslist and Facebook. Once I got my VIN I started watching daily for deals.

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the CURT Tow Receiver and Wire Harness yesterday, was kind of a spiderweb of wires to cram in that little area in behind the drivers tail light. Also added a HD Electrical Connector so I didn't have the trailer wires hanging.
BRonco Curt Tow.jpg

Had some extra time after tow install so started the Sub Install by pulling the side panel and sub box out. I did have the empty AMP with RED X and no magnet Sub.
Bronco OEM SUB and AMP.jpg

To fit the Kicker sub in the OEM box I will need to trim off about a half inch circle, the Kicker is WAY beefer than the OEM.
Bronco OEM Sub Box.jpg
KIcker Sub.jpg

How did this sub install go?

Was the OEM box deep enough for the Kicker Sub?

Other than minor trim on the opening, pretty much plug-n-play?

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did this sub install go?

Was the OEM box deep enough for the Kicker Sub?

Other than minor trim on the opening, pretty much plug-n-play?
Not done yet, I'm biting off small pieces at a time, started 2 days ago. Yes the kicker has plenty of room with like 1.5 - 2 inches clearance behind the magnet.

1 - Sub is done and ready to go in with AMP mounted and sub wired and bolted up with sound deadner done.

2 - Front kick panel speakers are done.

3 - Just finished up pluging in the PlugnPlay harness, just a side note the 6ft cable isn't long enough so will need to change mounting plans for LC2 and mount in the dash behind glove box. 6ft harness wasn't even long enough to get under passenger seat.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Speakers and Sub are all done, sounds 10 times better than the stock 6 speakers. It was actually a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. Before upgrade I had my treble and bass turned all the way up, now I have them in the middle and have all I need of both.

Next Up and them I'm taking a break from the Bronco mods for a bit, Morimoto XRB Headlights, ordered them Monday and they arrived UPS today.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BRonco Curt Tow.jpg

Bronco OEM SUB and AMP.jpg

Bronco OEM Sub Box.jpg
KIcker Sub.jpg
I have the B&O system in my 2-Door. The Sub Box and the AMP are completely different than what you have. The Kicker 8" Subwoofer almost dropped right into place. The one corner near the AMP was trimmed and bingo!

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build IMG_0647

Pathetic Factory Subwoofer

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build IMG_0646

There ia actually a lot of room for a better Sub Box and AMPs as well.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build IMG_0648

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Morimoto XRGB lights installed, after playing with the happy lighting app I think I finally have the white running light color I want. The low and High beams are excellent compared to the stockers. This is an upgrade anybody wanting more light should do, it was only $525 after trade in and forum discount!

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build Bronco lights

Sponsored

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Morimoto XRGB lights installed, after playing with the happy lighting app I think I finally have the white running light color I want. The low and High beams are excellent compared to the stockers. This is an upgrade anybody wanting more light should do, it was only $525 after trade in and forum discount!

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Base FakeSquatch build Bronco lights
Can you let me know how you got them white? We havent been able ot figure it out on the app, weve been keeping ours yellow like a raptor's look

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been a while but thought I'd share a little more on the stereo after playing around with Forscan. I ended up updating 2 things in the ACM module, 727-01-01 changed 14F1 to 28F1 the 2 enables speaker and tweeter from 1 being tweeter and the 8 does the same. The second change was same ACM module 727-01-02 went from 0901 to 0900, this change removes the EQ that limits sound to the rears. All I can say is the sound is fantastic now, the sub was overpowering the system before these changes but now I'm going to need to increase power gain to the sub to keep up.

While I was in there I updated the speedo for the 35's, checked with satellite and it's dead on at 2650mm.

Next up ordered the Rough Country steering bushing and tie rod sleeves today for a little insurance offroading.
Sponsored