Sponsored

Ever looked at the Michigan Assembly Plant on Google Maps or Earth?

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'61 Falcon, '87 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0, '01 F350 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was bored today and I thought, "Why not snoop around the Bronco plant with Google Maps"?
Google Maps Michigan Assy Plant (42.2769319601266, -83.40768915124065)
I believe that link will come up in Satellite view. If not, click the "Layers" button bottom left. The current available view was flown early 2024.
FYI, Chrome works best with Maps. The following features won't work with other browsers. Hold ctrl+drag the Left Mouse Button to adjust your attitude. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out. Drag Left click to "fly" around.
Even looking in the dumpsters at the body shop was interesting. They have a whole lot full of, what appears to be, wrecked and totaled trucks. I wonder how many boneyard parts have gone down the line in a pinch? Interesting how they are lined up in some lots and parked 1 vehicle taking up 2 parking spots in other lots. Looks like there is a Ford Store right across Michigan Avenue! I am curious to hear what others notice.

Ford Bronco Ever looked at the Michigan Assembly Plant on Google Maps or Earth? Ford Michigan Assy 01.JPG
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would have thought that how vital autobindustry I'd to our country's security that MAP would be blurred or non viewable from Google maps like many other sites with a no fly zone. Just try to find the Amazon servers on the wilds of Washington state. Or even Camp David or CIA headquarters

OP
OP
BroncoDave24

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's all good. I don't have any desire or need to find those places. :angel:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was bored today and I thought, "Why not snoop around the Bronco plant with Google Maps"?
Google Maps Michigan Assy Plant (42.2769319601266, -83.40768915124065)
I believe that link will come up in Satellite view. If not, click the "Layers" button bottom left. The current available view was flown early 2024.
FYI, Chrome works best with Maps. The following features won't work with other browsers. Hold ctrl+drag the Left Mouse Button to adjust your attitude. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out. Drag Left click to "fly" around.
Even looking in the dumpsters at the body shop was interesting. They have a whole lot full of, what appears to be, wrecked and totaled trucks. I wonder how many boneyard parts have gone down the line in a pinch? Interesting how they are lined up in some lots and parked 1 vehicle taking up 2 parking spots in other lots. Looks like there is a Ford Store right across Michigan Avenue! I am curious to hear what others notice.

Ford Michigan Assy 01.JPG
Looks like you’re having a productive weekend…

Edit: Has anyone read the Google reviews for Camp David? Quite amusing!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoDave24

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For a stark comparison, go compare it to the BMW plant in Dingolfing, Germany:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fmwagHXJZpStNymE8
Or the VW plant in Wolfsburg:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/PspdiMyhZzr5Huus6

There's a reason our trucks have quality problems.
I am surprised and I must say, a little disappointed at how everything looks kinda craptacular and not very well kept. Ford would probably like to get it blurred!

Brings to mind the old adage "You don't want to meet your heroes".

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Somebody waiting on their Bronco will be excited about your photos. They'll be absolutely sure that it's THEIR Bronco parked there on the right waiting to go on a rail car. I swear I could see MINE back in 2022 as it lingered there.
Sponsored