Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as i know mid/7 speed combo is on BL only.
Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as i know mid/7 speed combo is on BL only.
This is what I’ve come to believe. I really want the bronco. I’m sitting back until B&P gets more accurate. Not even going to stress anymore. But if a 2014 f150 5.0 4x4 comes along in red or blue at a good price I’m jumping on that bad boy! Drove a 2009 5.4 4x4 and fell in love with the truck, aftermarket is crazy strong as well.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been lazy with adding all the new pictures coming out in the last few weeks, uploaded all the ones I know about. Hopefully this helps some people with their build decision, I'm still completely torn between basesquatch 2.7 and BD 2.7/mid!

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great thread, will continue to follow

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thread, will continue to follow
Thanks! Trying to make it easier for myself and others. I find myself flipping back through my own thread whenever I have my daily basesquatch-BD debate.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Non-Squatch Black Diamond is looking like my only logical choice when you compare it to my list of non-negotiables:

2-door
Manual
Rear locker
Modular steel bumper (preferably rear steel, too)
Decent skid plates

I can't get a Base or Big Bend priced low enough to make it worth it. Plus it's still unclear if you can get the steel rear bumper on either of the lower trims. I'd do a Base in a heartbeat if they would let me add the rear locker like on the Big Bend.

My only question left is...

WHY ARE THERE SO FEW 2-DOOR BLACK DIAMOND PICTURES???

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-Squatch Black Diamond is looking like my only logical choice when you compare it to my list of non-negotiables:

2-door
Manual
Rear locker
Modular steel bumper (preferably rear steel, too)
Decent skid plates

I can't get a Base or Big Bend priced low enough to make it worth it. Plus it's still unclear if you can get the steel rear bumper on either of the lower trims. I'd do a Base in a heartbeat if they would let me add the rear locker like on the Big Bend.

My only question left is...

WHY ARE THERE SO FEW 2-DOOR BLACK DIAMOND PICTURES???
If those are your only requirements...this is what I just looked up on B&P, for no-options Black Diamond, vs. BaseSquatch with steel bumper and skid plates optioned.

if that’s the two options for you, bare-bones Black Diamond or Basesquatch....you should wait for the ManBaseSquatch! Theoretically, MSRP would be $38,205-$1595 (taking away auto transmission) = $36,610. So waiting for the BaseManSquatch gets you the upgraded lifted suspension, wheels, tires, axles, 2 lockers, and potentially higher resale value down the road. For less than stock BD!

Yes, you would be missing out on MGV interior but I feel like you’re getting a lot more with BaseSquatch, especially since mid package isn’t a necessity for you. Plus, for the $1000 theoretical price difference in BaseManSquatch and no-options BD, you can add aux switches, floor liners, or whatever other small accessories you want.

623B4251-71EF-4055-BA7D-DAE2C06D7D67.png

73C70D8D-0B23-4C89-8F5F-A8B498A859BC.png

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If those are your only requirements...this is what I just looked up on B&P, for no-options Black Diamond, vs. BaseSquatch with steel bumper and skid plates optioned.

if that’s the two options for you, bare-bones Black Diamond or Basesquatch....you should wait for the ManBaseSquatch! Theoretically, MSRP would be $38,205-$1595 (taking away auto transmission) = $36,610. So waiting for the BaseManSquatch gets you the upgraded lifted suspension, wheels, tires, axles, 2 lockers, and potentially higher resale value down the road. For less than stock BD!

Yes, you would be missing out on MGV interior but I feel like you’re getting a lot more with BaseSquatch, especially since mid package isn’t a necessity for you. Plus, for the $1000 theoretical price difference in BaseManSquatch and no-options BD, you can add aux switches, floor liners, or whatever other small accessories you want.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 73C70D8D-0B23-4C89-8F5F-A8B498A859BC

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 73C70D8D-0B23-4C89-8F5F-A8B498A859BC
Absolutely this has been on my radar!
I have a July 21 reservation and then added an October res for the Granger deal since it looked like I would be waiting for BaseManSquatch.

But the funny thing is... Granger's deal is off of INVOICE and that means an extra $1k off a Black Diamond compared to Base, because the invoice on Base is really close to its msrp.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not seen ant pictures of a BD 2Dr

Here's some other pictures I enjoy.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread BD

There is a CO 2dr BD at the top of this thread with the optional aluminum wheels. Other than that, I can't think of any other actual 2dr BD pics.

Sponsored

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this! I’ve basically decided on 4D BD with 2.7 and Mid. A tad higher than I wanted but I have a stick shift bare bones car now, this will be my drive into the ground car so I’m splurging for what I want.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, but it’s not unreasonable to assume it’s just going to be the basesquatch price now, minus the auto transmission upgrade. Especially since they just corrected the pricing; it should be just the addition of the $4995 sas package plus $795 for full-time 4WD auto. It’s not like the basemansquatch has any extra features that would cost more.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never seen a 2 Dr with the Steel Rims
Look towards the bottom of the original post, I added all of the pics that are out there with the black 4 door on the gloss black steelies, with preproduction top.

edit: 2 door. My bad
Sponsored

Last edited: