Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2021 Bronco tour stopped at LeMay - America's Car Museum today and I went down to Tacoma, WA to check them out. There was an Outer Banks with Lux and a 2.7 in black, and a Black Diamond Mid Standard with 2.3/manual in Cactus Gray. Both 4-door, neither Sasquatch.

I have a Badlands 4-door Lux MGV 2.7 Squatch ordered, but I'll likely be a 2022 delivery. I wanted to verify three things in person today: 1) That I like the Bronco in person enough to buy one, 2) that the rear cargo area is big enough for my two large dogs, and 3) that MGV looks good and appears durable enough versus leather.

My impressions, in no particular priority:
  • Loved the Bronco in person. Build quality was nice, vehicle size was great (not huge like an F150, but not cramped like a Wrangler). It has a great presence and stance.
  • The back was plenty big for my 2 dogs. They ride in a late-model LR Discovery now, and the Bronco's rear cargo area is just slightly smaller.
  • Interior felt significantly roomier than a wrangler to me. Seat comfortable, great visibility. The dash is pleasantly sparse thanks to the Sync 4 system, and not overloaded with buttons and controls. One of the "cleanest" dashboards I have seen in a while outside of my Model 3.
  • Bummed to not see Sasquatch but the steelies on the BD were nice-looking to my eye.
  • Surprised that the rear tailgate was hydraulically dampened. I wasn't expecting that smooth operation; it felt like a pleasant premium surprise.
  • Appreciated that the crew was constantly wiping the vehicles down for COVID-safety. Thanks to them.
  • With the top down, and the lack of a center cross-beam, the open air experience in Broncos is going to be AWESOME.
  • MGV was a big selling point. Photos below include focus on both leather (OB/roast) and MGV (BD/gray). The crew said these vehicles are exactly the same age -to the day- and have been on tour together. Frankly, the leather looked a little beat to me. The MGV felt great to the touch, appeared very durable, and looked like it aged much better than the leather. I was prepared to change my order if MGV didn't impress me, but I'm sold now more than ever on it.
Most of all, the in-person visit made me want to get my Bronco build ASAP. I can't wait. Ford has done a great job designing the Bronco and they'll be worth my wait.

If the tour stops near you, I recommend going to see them in person. Please enjoy the photos.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6084
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6085
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6089
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6091
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6092
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6094
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6095
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6096
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6097
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6100
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6101
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6103
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6104
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6107
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6108
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6109
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6110
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6112
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6113
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6114
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6115
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6116
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6119
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6121
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6123
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6124
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6126
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray BD and Black OB in Tacoma, WA IMG_6129
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great pics. Saw these Tuesday in Portland.

Leather looked beat to hell. And why they wouldn't give us a hard top or a Sasquatch is beyond me.

I'd still do it again.

Idaho is the next stop for these two, allegedly.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ElJeffe Excellent writeup. I saw these bad boys back on 4/22. I actually feel like a thread wh*re now because I've commented on several subsequent posts... eh, whatever. So, I'm with you on all of your views and opinions- didn't even dawn on me to desire the steelies (which I LOVED on the 32" BD build) on my WT. That would be amazing!

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting with regards to the MGV vs leather. Guess it might be a good thing I decided on the Badlands with MGV over First Edition with leather. Go figure the cheaper option might hold up better in the future.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great pics! Man, that leather is not holding up. 😲

Sponsored

T4Gen3

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge Limited AWD, 2008 Saturn Aura XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2021 Bronco tour stopped at LeMay - America's Car Museum today and I went down to Tacoma, WA to check them out. There was an Outer Banks with Lux and a 2.7 in black, and a Black Diamond Mid with 2.3/manual in Cactus Gray. Both 4-door, neither Sasquatch.

I have a Badlands 4-door Lux MGV 2.7 Squatch ordered, but I'll likely be a 2022 delivery. I wanted to verify three things in person today: 1) That I like the Bronco in person enough to buy one, 2) that the rear cargo area is big enough for my two large dogs, and 3) that MGV looks good and appears durable enough versus leather.

My impressions, in no particular priority:
  • Loved the Bronco in person. Build quality was nice, vehicle size was great (not huge like an F150, but not cramped like a Wrangler). It has a great presence and stance.
  • The back was plenty big for my 2 dogs. They ride in a late-model LR Discovery now, and the Bronco's rear cargo area is just slightly smaller.
  • Interior felt significantly roomier than a wrangler to me. Seat comfortable, great visibility. The dash is pleasantly sparse thanks to the Sync 4 system, and not overloaded with buttons and controls. One of the "cleanest" dashboards I have seen in a while outside of my Model 3.
  • Bummed to not see Sasquatch but the steelies on the BD were nice-looking to my eye.
  • Surprised that the rear tailgate was hydraulically dampened. I wasn't expecting that smooth operation; it felt like a pleasant premium surprise.
  • Appreciated that the crew was constantly wiping the vehicles down for COVID-safety. Thanks to them.
  • With the top down, and the lack of a center cross-beam, the open air experience in Broncos is going to be AWESOME.
  • MGV was a big selling point. Photos below include focus on both leather (OB/roast) and MGV (BD/gray). The crew said these vehicles are exactly the same age -to the day- and have been on tour together. Frankly, the leather looked a little beat to me. The MGV felt great to the touch, appeared very durable, and looked like it aged much better than the leather. I was prepared to change my order if MGV didn't impress me, but I'm sold now more than ever on it.
Most of all, the in-person visit made me want to get my Bronco build ASAP. I can't wait. Ford has done a great job designing the Bronco and they'll be worth my wait.

If the tour stops near you, I recommend going to see them in person. Please enjoy the photos.

BD with the manual transmission AND the Mid Package? Did not think that Ford was making this combination available.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I went with cloth.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD with the manual transmission AND the Mid Package? Did not think that Ford was making this combination available.
It's definitely not the mid package. It doesn't have the dual zone climate control. So yeah, it's just manual, bare bones 4d BD. It does have 4A transfer case added though. So I guess not totally bare bones.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was there Thursday and I agree with everything except the leather. I actually did the opposite and moved my badlands to the leather from MGV. I felt the the MGV felt durable but fake and will get sweaty on a hot day. I like the worn leather look and I think it will age great and look better and better over time. Also the mats really covered the carpet well so I don't think clean out will be as bad as I originally thought.
Sponsored