Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't help but point out that the Sasquatch fenders are at least TWICE the length of the standard Badlands. And it's hard to believe that the new Warthog's fenders could even wider.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can't help but point out that the Sasquatch fenders are at least TWICE the length of the standard Badlands. And it's hard to believe that the new Warthog's fenders could even wider.
But wait there's more

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For what it's worth, I just came from talking with a Ford rep who had a 2-door Badlands at a nearby dealership for a couple hours to show their salesmen, and he said the extra height on a squatched badlands comes from just the tires. He said shocks and springs were the same.
I was under that same impression early on. Then I heard from many on here that the travel on the SAS Bilsteins was longer. And I know the reservoir is in the opposite direction on the SAS, but couldn't that just be flipped to accommodate the 35s?

I had also heard that the Badlands had different mounts for the Bilsteins than all other models.

I hear a lot of things...
So much misinformation out there, usually proceeded by, my dealer said.

Facts, not fiction...

The Wildtrak/Sasquatch "lift" is only .4" taller than the Badlands, entirely due to the shocks. The additional height difference, not lift, comes from the 33" vs the 35" tires, or 1" increase in radius, not accounting for the actual true diameter measurements of the different tires. Other than that the shocks are virtually the same, here is my cheat sheet to explain.

1620995530591-png-png-png.png

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First, the dude's laugh was indeed creepy.

Second, I'm definitely digging the squatch stance vs. non-squatched

Third, I'm still getting a non-squatched BL.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much misinformation out there, usually proceeded by, my dealer said.

Facts, not fiction...

The Wildtrak/Sasquatch "lift" is only .4" taller than the Badlands, entirely due to the shocks. The additional height difference, not lift, comes from the 33" vs the 35" tires, or 1" increase in radius, not accounting for the actual true diameter measurements of the different tires. Other than that the shocks are virtually the same, here is my cheat sheet to explain.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Sasquatch Badlands 1620995530591-png-png-
Where are we at Base to Badlands or Base to Squatch then (re: suspension lift, I can do the tire math)?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only in a forum like this would a bunch of guys argue over fractions of an inch. The girls don't notice. 😄 One guy says the tires are 2" difference, which makes 1" higher height. The other guy says they're only 1.7" different, which is .85" higher. She says she can't tell the difference. :LOL:

Him: "Honey, it's 5 1/2 inches, not 5 inches. Huge difference. HUGE DIFFERENCE!"

Her: "Umm, OK'.
💀
your wife or maybe it was your mom told you that size dont matter to make you feel better but they know and we all know it does

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

34.4-32.7=1.7

1.7/2=.85"

Sooooo not to sure where the 2" notion comes from.
The difference in the tire height is less than .85”. Sasquatch runs a wider rim that balloons out more and isn’t as tall. If you were to mount the sas tires on the badlands rims, then you would be talking apples to apples.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You sir, are my hero. Thank you for this.

Per your calculations, what would you recommend doing to “poorman squatch” a badlands?
It was done on the Overland demo model with 35-inch BFG LT315/70R-17 mud-terrain KM3 tires, 34.4" diameter, and resulted in a stuffed look with tire rub.

Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East

If you want a little more height you can try the 285/75R17 size in load range C:
https://tiresize.com/tires/Nitto/Ridge-Grappler-285-75R17.htm
https://tiresize.com/tires/Toyo/Open-Country-AT-III-285-75R17.htm

Sponsored

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The difference in the tire height is less than .85”. Sasquatch runs a wider rim that balloons out more and isn’t as tall. If you were to mount the sas tires on the badlands rims, then you would be talking apples to apples.
Can I use 17x8.5 -10 wheels with the 315 tires on a Squatch without rub?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Where are we at Base to Badlands or Base to Squatch then (re: suspension lift, I can do the tire math)?
One new piece of info is @Dads_bronze_bronco great comparison graphic on shock size from the parts catalog. If the scale is correct in the catalog, it seems the shock height is the same on the Base, BB, BD, OBX and Badlands. Based on that, you may be able to go up to 33" tires on any of them.

shock-comparison-jpg.jpg

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One new piece of info is @Dads_bronze_bronco great comparison graphic on shock size from the parts catalog. If the scale is correct in the catalog, it seems the shock height is the same on the Base, BB, BD, OBX and Badlands. Based on that, you may be able to go up to 33" tires on any of them.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Sasquatch Badlands shock-comparison-
Ok, Thanks for the clarification!
I saw that, but I wasn't quite sure what it was saying or what exactly was determining the ride height on each shock.
Sponsored