First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came back from vacation after 2 weeks to a completely dead battery, had to unlock it with the key from the fob. Jumped it, let it run 15 minutes, drove it 2 miles to the store, dead again, jumped again, drove home, turned it off, wouldn’t restart. Jumped again later in the day, drove for approximately 30 minutes, shut it off, wouldn’t restart. While driving the battery shows anywhere from 13.9-14.1 Volts so I think it’s being charged by the alternator. Strange that a 6 month old battery would fail. I have zero mods, so any parasitic draw is from the factory.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right now I am more interested to know if you can push start it. ;-)

Sometimes batteries just go bad. Especially in summer. Dealer might waranty it though. I think of a battery as a wear item (like brakes or tires) but I have had friends who had batteries die early and had them replaced under warranty.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now I am more interested to know if you can push start it. ;-)

Sometimes batteries just go bad. Especially in summer. Dealer might waranty it though. I think of a battery as a wear item (like brakes or tires) but I have had friends who had batteries die early and had them replaced under warranty.
If it hadn’t been parked in my garage and had an incline then maybe. But I will say a jumper battery has saved my butt multiple times. I would’ve had to roll it out to jump it off, but with the battery pack, just connect it and it starts right up.

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a Duracell AMG battery from Batteries Plus. I just replaced a new battery in 2020 F150 that wasn’t holding a charge. Duracell makes excellent car batteries. I wouldn’t bother with the stock batteries.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it hadn’t been parked in my garage and had an incline then maybe. But I will say a jumper battery has saved my butt multiple times. I would’ve had to roll it out to jump it off, but with the battery pack, just connect it and it starts right up.
I don't have mine yet (build week has been pushed back 4 times). Had to push start my daughter's F-150 last week (bad starter).

With all the computers and electronics in these new Fords I actually don't know if they will still push start anymore.

I'm betting on a single bad cell in your battery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a Duracell AMG battery from Batteries Plus. I just replaced a new battery in 2020 F150 that wasn’t holding a charge. Duracell makes excellent car batteries. I wouldn’t bother with the stock batteries.
I checked on batteries plus website, they appear to not offer batteries for the Bronco, only Bronco Sports.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have said in other posts, I got all manner of warning lights on restart, ABS, hill assist, parking break ect. They all cleared as I drove and the ECU cycled.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ability to push start has been brought up several times. The general conclusion is if you have no power, it won't work as you won't get fuel. The only way to test is to get a completely dead battery or unhook it and try.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Came back from vacation after 2 weeks to a completely dead battery, had to unlock it with the key from the fob. Jumped it, let it run 15 minutes, drove it 2 miles to the store, dead again, jumped again, drove home, turned it off, wouldn’t restart. Jumped again later in the day, drove for approximately 30 minutes, shut it off, wouldn’t restart. While driving the battery shows anywhere from 13.9-14.1 Volts so I think it’s being charged by the alternator. Strange that a 6 month old battery would fail. I have zero mods, so any parasitic draw is from the factory.
Mine died while on ice mountain and delayed my shipment by a week to have it replaced.

Deleted member 3063

[QUOTE="AZ_Liberty, post: 1511803, member: 21035"
I'm betting on a single bad cell in your battery. [/QUOTE]

This

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked on batteries plus website, they appear to not offer batteries for the Bronco, only Bronco Sports.
I’d take a picture of the battery and they can look it up. My 2020 F150 did not show up on their website either. They can also test the old battery for free if you bring it in.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s battery concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a dead cell to me, but you won't really know the cause of failure unless you have the battery tested.

FWIW..

What is the Ford Warranty on batteries?
Original vehicle battery
Ford's original vehicle batteries are covered for recharging and replacement during the first 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
Replacement Motorcraft® battery
The warranty on Motorcraft batteries purchased outside of the Bumper to Bumper warranty will vary. See your Ford Dealer or Motorcraft retailer for warranty details and purchase information.

I recommend that you call your dealer and ask if they have a Rotunda PowerSensor Plus battery tester, which will test the battery on three different parameters (e.g., Test A: shorted cells; Test B: battery condition; Test C: voltage). Typically the test is offered free of charge, and if the battery fails within the warranty, then it will be replaced for free. If it's not dead, but simply needs to be recharged, it will be recharged for free.

Note: I just had my battery tested on Friday, because my 12" screen is dead and the latest OTA update has failed repeatedly for several weeks, but the battery passed all three tests. Unfortunately, the root cause of my problem is a dead SYNC 4 APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module), so a new part has been ordered.

Last edited:

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing you have the keyhole in the door like me....

I had my keyfob just refuse to work once and had to open with the key as well. Then the bronc raises hell and you have to push the ignition in a certain time frame if I remember....

Question for the higher end trim folks....How do ya open it if it doesn't have the keyhole on the door handle and the battery is totally dead...?

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took it to the Ford Fast Lane, they tested the battery, said it could take up to an hour to run through all the tests. It took about 10 minutes, it had 0 cold crank amps, was supposed to have 800. Replaced under warranty. Hopefully it was just a bad battery.
Sponsored