Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive reached the point that I dont even want my Bronco anymore. I stupidly put down a $2000 deposit, though. Considering small claims court or something. I sincerely hate Broncos now
What’s your new vehicle of choice then?
Sponsored

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s your new vehicle of choice then?
If I dont get the Bronco, I will probably just keep my truck for another 5 years. Ive always wanted a Jeep or something like that but there was a traumatic accident in my family involving a Jeep. I could never own one out of respect for my sister.

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So weird. In the email that went out last week they said the 22MY Broncos would continue to be scheduled this week until the 8th. I have a feeling as stated on this document this is just 23MY stuff and there will hopefully still be some sprinkling gaps that are being filled this week as they try to stuff as many 22 orders as they can before switchover.

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, ordering before 3/19/21, you'll get full price protection, so you may as well hope for a MY23.

Myself, my initial order was for a MY22, so if I had been bumped to MY23, I'd be in the hook for the $2K in price increases for mid-year MY22, plus the price increase for MY23. Saving probably $4K was a better deal for me than any depreciation on "last" year's model.
Dang. We really don’t think there is no way that anyone who placed an order for a 2022 will get price protection for a 23 if the order was placed after March of 2021? I’m a January of 22 order placer myself. I’m trying to be realistic so I don’t really expect them to make a new price protection for those orders, but I do kind of hope they will you know?

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good thing I was bumped from being built week of 05 September. 🤓

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 GMC Jimmy, 2007 Porsche 911, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive reached the point that I dont even want my Bronco anymore. I stupidly put down a $2000 deposit, though. Considering small claims court or something. I sincerely hate Broncos now
I'm researching reporting Ford to the FTC (and possibly the SEC) for anti-consumer practices and investor deception. I suspect Ford is operating a bait-and-switch scheme and other forms of fraud. Ford mentioned they only expected, if I recall correctly, a 10% uptake on manuals as well as two doors. They said they received about 30% for each. From what I've seen they're only manufacturing 10% to this day. They've produced less than 50% of their orders in two years while introducing new models and producing those. I suspect they're trying to either force customer to take action that will nullify price protection and/or force customers to switch to more profitable trims or by simply not building less profitable models except to avoid the consequence of the very thing I suspect they are doing by building a token number. I expect that after enough time of not building, they'll cancel reservations because "price protections cover specific trims and MY 20XX is no longer available with those trims" or the like. The more inflation continues, the more incentivized Ford is not to build "good deal" Broncos and maintain price protections. My gut says that after maybe four years, many of us are going to get our orders cancelled by Ford and refunded our deposits and maybe an insulting coupon of 10% on Ford accessories.

On an emotional level, I hate seeing the front page of the forum filled with Raptor content.

I've already picked an contingency vehicle and the race is on whether I get that before the Bronco.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang. We really don’t think there is no way that anyone who placed an order for a 2022 will get price protection for a 23 if the order was placed after March of 2021?
I read somewhere that they won't, but hey, Ford is full of surprises, so you just never know. I guess we'll have the answer soon.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I dont get the Bronco, I will probably just keep my truck for another 5 years. Ive always wanted a Jeep or something like that but there was a traumatic accident in my family involving a Jeep. I could never own one out of respect for my sister.
Understandable even though they really are much much more stable and less prone to rollover. That’s what I drive now pushing 200k miles and having just put a new transmission in…

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So weird. In the email that went out last week they said the 22MY Broncos would continue to be scheduled this week until the 8th. I have a feeling as stated on this document this is just 23MY stuff and there will hopefully still be some sprinkling gaps that are being filled this week as they try to stuff as many 22 orders as they can before switchover.
In the depths of depression, as I watch my chances for my CO 2-dr MT Badlands slip away, I just noticed the same thing.

It didn’t seem like a lot got scheduled last week, so maybe there is still hope for ‘22’s this week. Then I think of my poor dealer’s allocation chances and realize that it is all over for this year.

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the depths of depression, as I watch my chances for my CO 2-dr MT Badlands slip away, I just noticed the same thing.

It didn’t seem like a lot got scheduled last week, so maybe there is still hope for ‘22’s this week. Then I think of my poor dealer’s allocation chances and realize that it is all over for this year.
I understand you on a spiritual level. Best of luck to all of us waiting.

Sponsored

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understandable even though they really are much much more stable and less prone to rollover. That’s what I drive now pushing 200k miles and having just put a new transmission in…
yeah I get it but it killed my niece and my dad was driving. A jeep t-boned them. Family has never been the same. Its just a vehicle to me but it would be a slap in the face of my entire family to own a jeep. Thats why I was so excited about the Bronco. Finally an open-air vehicle I could use for my mid-life crisis vehicle and not offend anyone.

The worst part about this thing is waiting for 2 damn years and feeling like it could be another full year before I get it. I tweeted at Mike Levine and he actually responded. I asked him what Ford planned to do with the 2 year holdouts. This was his response:
Your dealer can let you know where you are in line with other customers at that same dealer. They can also help see if your order has constrained parts, so you can decide if you want to make a change to potentially get scheduled for production sooner.
Basically Ford has no plans for us. Its up to ME to do something about it. I have to work this out with my dealer that hasn't communicated anything to me.

Levine strikes me as the kind of guy that rails against corporate greed but personifies it, himself

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah I get it but it killed my niece and my dad was driving. A jeep t-boned them. Family has never been the same. Its just a vehicle to me but it would be a slap in the face of my entire family to own a jeep. Thats why I was so excited about the Bronco. Finally an open-air vehicle I could use for my mid-life crisis vehicle and not offend anyone.

The worst part about this thing is waiting for 2 damn years and feeling like it could be another full year before I get it. I tweeted at Mike Levine and he actually responded. I asked him what Ford planned to do with the 2 year holdouts. This was his response:

Basically Ford has no plans for us. Its up to ME to do something about it. I have to work this out with my dealer that hasn't communicated anything to me.

Levine strikes me as the kind of guy that rails against corporate greed but personifies it, himself
Damn I’m really sorry- your dad especially must be dealing with some PTSD over such a thing. I didn’t mean for you to feel the need to explain yourself, but since you did, I’m really sorry for you and your family.
Similar silence from my dealer.
great thatLevine responded but he’s always just soulessly towing the company line. He’s got a pretty sweet job and doesn’t want to jeopardize it.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry man. Had a few too many Labor Day beers and over shared lol.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm researching reporting Ford to the FTC (and possibly the SEC) for anti-consumer practices and investor deception. I suspect Ford is operating a bait-and-switch scheme and other forms of fraud. Ford mentioned they only expected, if I recall correctly, a 10% uptake on manuals as well as two doors. They said they received about 30% for each. From what I've seen they're only manufacturing 10% to this day. They've produced less than 50% of their orders in two years while introducing new models and producing those. I suspect they're trying to either force customer to take action that will nullify price protection and/or force customers to switch to more profitable trims or by simply not building less profitable models except to avoid the consequence of the very thing I suspect they are doing by building a token number. I expect that after enough time of not building, they'll cancel reservations because "price protections cover specific trims and MY 20XX is no longer available with those trims" or the like. The more inflation continues, the more incentivized Ford is not to build "good deal" Broncos and maintain price protections. My gut says that after maybe four years, many of us are going to get our orders cancelled by Ford and refunded our deposits and maybe an insulting coupon of 10% on Ford accessories.

On an emotional level, I hate seeing the front page of the forum filled with Raptor content.

I've already picked an contingency vehicle and the race is on whether I get that before the Bronco.
I’m not a Ford loyalist, but What was your reservation date? Ford clearly committed on or around 11/2021 that any reservation after 9/18/21 was likely going to be pushed to MY22. As a 9/21/20 reservation Thais got my attention. I’ve not been thrilled with this and It’s about 6-8 months later than my expected MY22 build date. That said, there are still July 2020 reservations that have not been scheduled. This is now a dealer allocation problem since later 2020 reservations are now starting to hit the schedule. Matter of Fact, ManSquatch was not even a MY21 available build. Most of the other models are being scooped up by 2020 reservation holders.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 GMC Jimmy, 2007 Porsche 911, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not a Ford loyalist, but What was your reservation date? Ford clearly committed on or around 11/2021 that any reservation after 9/18/21 was likely going to be pushed to MY22. As a 9/21/20 reservation Thais got my attention. I’ve not been thrilled with this and It’s about 6-8 months later than my expected MY22 build date. That said, there are still July 2020 reservations that have not been scheduled. This is now a dealer allocation problem since later 2020 reservations are now starting to hit the schedule. Matter of Fact, ManSquatch was not even a MY21 available build. Most of the other models are being scooped up by 2020 reservation holders.
October 20, 2020; was going to be day 1 reservation holder until I saw rumblings about manual not getting paired with Sasquatch. Couple months after, Ford made a public announcement they would be in fact offering manual and sasquatch. That's when I put my reservation in. At that time there was no communication that it wouldn't be until MY22. So after a year of my dealer threating that I'd lose my reservation if I didn't order, I was finally able to force them to figure out that the MY22 manual and sasquatch would be available when MY22 orders were opened which was a separate issue. My official order was put in November 01, 2021. Radio silence since. I've only seen one manufacturing block of MY22 of two door manuals getting built.
Sponsored