Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, any idea how they pick the order that they run through the dealers? Some arbitrary good old boy system, sales volume, regional sales volume, tarot card reading?
Allocation is regional and dealer historical if that is what your asking. The dealer preview sequence is in a random computer generated order to not favor one dealer or another. Dealer preview order is very important for constrained builds that are at the top of a dealer list, using my example in earlier post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just checked backdoor....NOTHING.
Glad for those that are getting scheduled but seeing others scheduled with reservations far later than mine is frustrating to say the least. I guess FORD does not like me supporting my smaller local Dealer over a large one. This allocation thing sucks and really only hurts the customer standing in line (and getting passed over). Remember, initially, allocations was NOT even part of the original FORD formula. I guess I can be happy it is not built and staged for modules/delivery on dirt mountain.
yeah, I didn't even think about dealer size. I just placed my reservation at the dealership that's less than a mile from my house where I've purchased all my previous Ford trucks from.

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here, I took off tow on 3/11 and still no update on Ford's site.
Well it looks like the backdoor link for my reservation finally has updated to show my latest change to my order to drop the tow package. And for the first time ever, I now have an actual image in my order of something other than a grey silhouette of a Bronco and it actually matches my current order.

I know it doesn't mean much as I am still not scheduled, but it still makes me feel a little better to see the correct build list matching my order and an actual image. Here's to hoping for a build date on the next round of scheduling in a few weeks.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Crazy times. Just got an email from Ford 2:25 EDT stating my Bronco is scheduled for production 4/18. Really? I had checked the "backdoor" yesterday and this morning and my status was unchanged. Now it shows this..
1648233171780.png

Production will probably slip, but there is hope for us all.
7/14/20 reservation
Same timeline for me. Just received the email from Ford on Friday, 3/25 confirming a 4/18 build week. BUT my dealership had actually called me two weeks prior (3/11) to tell me I was scheduled and gave me my VIN. Hadn't heard anything from my dealer since reordering MY22 last October so I wasn't holding my breath waiting on them to update me.

Nothing on Ford's online tracker was showing mine was scheduled for production during that 2 week gap either so there is at least a 2 week delay in Ford's updating its online tracking sites.

So you were probably scheduled for production during the last round of scheduling but didn't know it until Friday because your dealer didn't call you or they really didn't get notification from Ford. Who knows.....

Lakeman77

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same timeline for me. Just received the email from Ford on Friday, 3/25 confirming a 4/18 build week. BUT my dealership had actually called me two weeks prior (3/11) to tell me I was scheduled and gave me my VIN. Hadn't heard anything from my dealer since reordering MY22 last October so I wasn't holding my breath waiting on them to update me.

Nothing on Ford's online tracker was showing mine was scheduled for production during that 2 week gap either so there is at least a 2 week delay in Ford's updating its online tracking sites.

So you were probably scheduled for production during the last round of scheduling but didn't know it until Friday because your dealer didn't call you or they really didn't get notification from Ford. Who knows.....
Havok-
You're in my zip code and we have virtually the same build. And we have a Telluride. I'll be seeing you around soon.

Sponsored

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Havok-
You're in my zip code and we have virtually the same build. And we have a Telluride. I'll be seeing you around soon.
Nice. Which dealership did you go through? Jim Ellis for me, originally was Nalley before they were bought by Jim Ellis sometime after I reserved it

Lakeman77

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Two Rivers in Nashville because of their invoice pricing program. I've been happy with them thus far. I couldn't get any local dealers to commit to pricing back in 2020.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Two Rivers in Nashville because of their invoice pricing program. I've been happy with them thus far. I couldn't get any local dealers to commit to pricing back in 2020.
I considered switching to them early in this process when you could actually change dealers but wasn't certain I'd be able to schedule a trip to Nashville when it was ready for to be picked up. And I obviously had no idea that time would be more than 2 years later. Jim Ellis is supposed to sell it to me at MSRP but that's only a verbal commitments. We will see what happens when I finally am able to get the purchase paperwork in hand.

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that may have never understood Ford’s scheduling that has been used for years maybe this will at least help explain the complexity.

1. Dealer has to have allocation.
2. Reservation does matter. It is where you sit in the dealers order previews. If way down the preview list doubtful you will get previewed until you get in the top 20-50 orders. Retail priority comes after reservation time stamp.
3. Constraints do not matter UNTIL you are previewed
4. Where did the dealer get selected in the random preview draw.
5. The first res/priority for each dealer is the only vehicle previewed in Round 1. Round 2 it’s the 2nd res/priority, etc.

It's really just going to depend on how many Bronco's your dealer sold and where you sit in that preview line and where the dealer sits in the preview line. Once you are in the dealers TOP 50 dealer's preview orders...then is when you are more concerned about constraints and whether they will make a difference getting selected.

For a VERY SIMPLE Analogy. Scheduling is VERY complex. From my understanding it works similar to the below scenario.

Using Dealer A and Dealer B

Each dealer that has allocation and orders are picked up as previewed orders by the scheduling system. Previewing reviews each order to make sure they have parts to schedule to build based on time stamp or priority.

Preview scheduling is basically like the NFL draft, with allocation being the number of "selections" a dealer can get during the draft previews. Round 1 of all the dealers preview and they select builds based on available commodities. Round 2, Round 3, etc. until schedule is full. When commodities expire every preview thereafter with that commodity will be skipped. Depending on what other dealers have in their preview order, commodities could go quickly or last much longer.

Example Ford Bronco Commodity Constraints

5% PPF
30% Mic Tops
50% 2.7 Engine
25% Manual Trans

Let's say Dealer A and Dealer B both get 3 allocations.

Dealer A - Previews

Badlands Manual with Mic Top. Priority 10 or Early Time Stamp
WildTrak Manual with Mic Top. Priority 15 or Later Time Stamp than above.
Outer Banks 2.7 Engine. Priority 19 or Later Time Stamp than the above.

Dealer B - Previews

Badlands 2.3 with Manual, PPF. Priority 10 or Early Time Stamp
Big Bend 2.3 with Manual PPF. Priority 11 or Later Time Stamp than the above.
Base 2.3 with Manual and Mic Top. Priority 12 or Later time Stamp than the above
Badlands with 2.7. Priority 13 or Later time Stamp than the above.
WildTrak - No constraints. Priority 17 or Later time Stamp than the above.
OuterBanks- No constraints. Priority 19 or Later time Stamp than the above.
Badlands - No Constraints. Priority 19 or Later time Stamp than the above.

Let's say Dealer A is scheduled first and dealer B is the LAST dealer in the scheduling rotation.

1. System look at Dealer A's first order, commodities are still available so it gets scheduled for build.
2. System get's to Dealer B's first order and is out of PPF before it gets there so Dealer B doesn't get a unit scheduled.
3. Round 2 Preview. Dealer A gets his second order scheduled because commodities are still available.
4. Round 2, get to the last Dealer, Dealer B, and again, Dealer B's second order also has PPF and doesn't get a unit scheduled.
5. Round 3 Preview. Dealer A's 3rd order in his preview order list is selected because commodities are still available, but the DEALER HAS NOW REACHED HIS ALLOCATION (3 units).
6. Dealer B's 3rd Round preview, but let's assume the Mic Tops were exhausted in the first two rounds of previews, so the Dealer's 3rd order is NOT selected again.
7. Dealer A is skipped in the 4th Round as they have met their allocation.
7. Dealer B's 4th Round preview. Let's also say all 2.7's were exhausted in the first 3 rounds, and the dealer's 4th vehicle previewing has a 2.7, so again, no unit is scheduled.
8. Over the Next 3 rounds Dealer A is continually skipped as they met their allocation. Dealer B also gets his last 3 non constrained builds scheduled meeting his allocation.

So when the previewing is completed Dealer A (because he was randomly selected early in the process) was able to get 3 hard to get builds (constrained items) while Dealer B only got non constrained builds. So some of this does seem to be the luck of the draw of where the dealer is in the preview process. You can also see how dealer stock may get built, because if they run out of constrained commodities, but still have allocation, they could select to build dealer stock.

On the flip side, if you reversed Dealer A and Dealer B, Dealer B would have gotten some of his constrained orders built first.

Also you can see why it wouldn't really matter if you were WAY down in the preview list as either the schedule would be full or most of the commodities would be gone by that time and you would never be previewed.

Hope this helps some understand how builds are previewed and selected.
I'm sure this is exactly how it works, but if I could provide something for the TLDR crowd:
The first thing that matters is how many vehicles your dealer moves, then how many orders your dealer has in front of you that are buildable given what we all have heard about constraints.

My example: 7/20 reservation and order with SAC. Last I looked I was in the 70s or 80s of their line. On Jan 24th of 2022, I took my build sheet from SAC (BL, SAS, Lux, 2.7, no MIC or tow) and found a dealer reasonably close who agreed to do MSRP that moves a lot of trucks, but for some reason, didn't have a lot of Bronco orders. I got a build date for the order placed with the dealer this last round, 5/23 build week.

I have the exact same build ordered at both dealerships (and one has a 7/20 reservation tied to it). The one that is getting built is the one that is ordered from a dealer that has a lot of allocation because they sell lots of vehicles.

Its not fair, it wasn't what the rules seemed to be at the beginning of the game, but that appears to be how it works in the real world.

And yes, I'm keeping my SAC build. I'm going to change it back to the fully constrained no-compromise build that I really wanted, and just trade in my "compromise" Bronco on it.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure this is exactly how it works, but if I could provide something for the TLDR crowd:
The first thing that matters is how many vehicles your dealer moves, then how many orders your dealer has in front of you that are buildable given what we all have heard about constraints.
Glad you have one coming. Agree volume equals more allocation, but also usually means the dealer will have more orders. What matters most assuming they have allocation is where the dealer is picked to have their order previews. Obviously being at the top of the pick list would get the dealer almost any order built, because there would be no constraints for an early round pick. IF you are one of the top 2 in the previews and the dealer has an early pick, good chance both may get scheduled, assuming they have at least 2 allocations.

In your example, you were probably high up the list at the second dealer and we’re probably on preview list out of the gate. Either the fact you didn’t have as many constraints would have helped if they were previewing that dealer in the later rounds, or quite possibly you could have gotten a full constrained build IF they were preview in an early round. We will never know since you had already removed some constraints.

Although many has stated preview order is random, I do think regional balance plays into how the preview order is set as well.

Sponsored

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you have one coming. Agree volume equals more allocation, but also usually means the dealer will have more orders. What matters most assuming they have allocation is where the dealer is picked to have their order previews. Obviously being at the top of the pick list would get the dealer almost any order built, because there would be no constraints for an early round pick. IF you are one of the top 2 in the previews and the dealer has an early pick, good chance both may get scheduled, assuming they have at least 2 allocations.

In your example, you were probably high up the list at the second dealer and we’re probably on preview list out of the gate. Either the fact you didn’t have as many constraints would have helped if they were previewing that dealer in the later rounds, or quite possibly you could have gotten a full constrained build IF they were preview in an early round. We will never know since you had already removed some constraints.

Although many has stated preview order is random, I do think regional balance plays into how the preview order is set as well.
It would have been nice to get the MIC, but I wasn't playing any additional games.

I picked this dealer specifically because I was going to be very high up on their list because they didn't have a lot of Bronco orders, and they had a good number of allocations. That imbalance was what I meant by a unicorn dealer, combined with their willingness to sell at MSRP.

ev2Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I wasn't scheduled this week but when I logged into the backdoor link this morning I went from a silhouette to an accurate picture of my order. I will continue holding my breath.

2 DR Black Diamond
Carbonized Gray
Mid
Modular bumper
Upgraded wheels

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I finally have a build week and a vin, who the hell knows what that means. My date is a few weeks before what’s shown, have not had any other correspondence since.
I’m about done with this stupid process. I better get a vehicle instead of some other piece of useless garbage they love to send.
Good bye then....Why are you even on this forum? signature says it all.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would have been nice to get the MIC, but I wasn't playing any additional games.

I picked this dealer specifically because I was going to be very high up on their list because they didn't have a lot of Bronco orders, and they had a good number of allocations. That imbalance was what I meant by a unicorn dealer, combined with their willingness to sell at MSRP.
OKAY GANG.... here's my update to my last update's update:
I called my dealer again and actually got a sales mgr that was very forthcoming with information that he maybe should not have given?
What he said was that my order, REGARDLESS of when my reservation was taken and a dealership assigned.... the dealership put their Ford buyers of note.... in line from #1 - to wherever# 'they' want to put you.
The exact same Bronco I ordered was delivered to 'my' dealership and sold to their client last week. The mgr told me the buyers name (oops) and that he was on the 'order list' as #70.... and I am on it at # 117.
Forget the bs reservation date or the priority # you might have... but where are YOU IN YOUR DEALERS ORDER LINE... ??!!??
Since the dealerships all have allotments... well, you get my drift. If you check this info out... lemme know what you learn. Thanks.
Sponsored