Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just me but I have zero need for my switches to run through a computer and complicate things as well. A simple circuit is 100% fine for me.
It’s just you and there’s no computer running these circuits.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as you run your own wires, you might be ok, but I would also be worried about the rating of the electrical contacts inside the PDB as well. Sometimes engineers do their jobs a little to well and only spec stuff for the actual rating. Sometimes they think ahead enough to over-engineer stuff to handle everything someone might throw at it. It probably depends on how much of a cost difference there would be...

Probably safer to just install a new PDB with the rating you need and re-route the aux switch wiring to that.
That option is on the table too. May even be preferable in the end The base goal is to retain the switches without being constrained by what Ford thinks I should use them for.

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some people think the fuse or relay determines what the load can be. Those people need to carry a fire extinguisher. 😬
I'm not part of that group, if that's what you're insinuating.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, really? I have never wired my own vehicle before at all. The most I've done is fuses. If people can't ask questions, they can't learn. Asking a question is NOT complaining. Just because I have no clue doesn't mean that I can't learn. This is super insulting.
I apologize, By no means was I trying to insult anyone specially people that have never done wiring before. The “complain” part i mentioned are to those who know what they are doing and “complaining” at the video’s lack of certain specifics. If you know it’s lacking, then obviously you have some sort of grasp on things. If you don’t know it’s lacking information then i would error on the side of caution...by no means am i a professional in wiring but the video was enough for me to figure out what was lacking and what to do about it...YMMV

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is just me but I have zero need for my switches to run through a computer and complicate things as well. A simple circuit is 100% fine for me.
What computer Nick?

NVM - you answered above.

Basetaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone having second thoughts on getting a Bronco with all these issues and recalls Ford is having right now? Curious because i want to get a Bronco but now i dont know lol

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone having second thoughts on getting a Bronco with all these issues and recalls Ford is having right now? Curious because i want to get a Bronco but now i dont know lol
No issues with the auxiliary switches yet. 😜

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great. I’m sure Ford and 3rd parties will sell a LOT more expensive roof or rack mount light bars as a result of these pre run wires.

Next I want to know what provisions have been made for a trailer brake controller. ;)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great. I’m sure Ford and 3rd parties will sell a LOT more expensive roof or rack mount light bars as a result of these pre run wires.

Next I want to know what provisions have been made for a trailer brake controller. ;)
One is already listed in the accessory list, so I’m assuming there is at least some preparation for it.

kjmurray1593

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was happy to see this, as this is pretty much this exact Bronco with same specs I'm planning on getting. Good to see that a light bar will be easy to set up.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 5 pre-wired termination wires and 6 switched relays, it just means you have an extra relay switched pig-tail in the engine bay to use. Good use for a 5 amp circuit to trip the winch relay, or strobe lights behind the grill, using the pre-wired grill run for fog or driving lights. This will save me a ton of work. But I will be taking off a bunch of panels in any case to run the Aux tow braking wires.
Sponsored