Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why it always catches my attention that Bevis has such an underbite, but it always does. It's nice he got a job in marketing though.

**Full disclosure: The above is a joke. Mr. Melton genuinely seems interested in the products and presents well in these videos. I'd grab a beer with him and talk flannel.
I think he has a pouch of chew in that lip!
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is cool.
I guess to run lights at both locations on top of the windshield, you would run a wire from the Passenger location he showed in the video, across the windshield header and drill a hole like he did in the video on the driver side windshield frame to pull it through.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be interesting to see if the audio leads and power harness for an amp is sitting in the right rear interior panel where the sub goes for the top-line B&O system. I'd bet the wires are already there. It makes no sense to have a different harness for non-B&O trim levels. And most amps are self-switching when they see an audio signal, so I don't think you'd need to switch it with one of the AUX switches.
Manufacturers almost never install wiring for features that don't exist. They order the harnesses to the vehicle's spec from the harness manufacturer.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s not at all unorthodox to have factory wiring with just heat shrink on the end. Have you ever bought a truck with a tow package but no trailer brake controller? You pop off a kick panel and you will find wires just like these that you will splice into whatever brake controller you buy.
No, I've never seen a automobile (truck or car) with wire-end terminals with just shrink tubing. Maybe its a truck thing. Yet, my H3T has no such terminations that I've discovered nor did my '99 F150.

But again, I still don't understand the termination/junction box setup under the hood. Until I see the physical wiring architecture, I'll not further discuss the subject as it just leads to more questions and confusion.

Because of this thread, I now have to rethink my color choice. LOL.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s this simple...those of you complaining it’s lacking info then that means you know what you’re doing, and quit complaining. If you have no clue what the video is talking about, get a professional to do it.
Wow, really? I have never wired my own vehicle before at all. The most I've done is fuses. If people can't ask questions, they can't learn. Asking a question is NOT complaining. Just because I have no clue doesn't mean that I can't learn. This is super insulting.

Rieby

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 FJ Cruiser UTTE, ‘16 Cayman GT4, ‘16 M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to see what SPV comes up with. Would like to install the Rigid spot, SAE and driving lights into the bumper similar to the Raptor if they will all fit and use AUX4, AUX5 and AUX6, one switch per pair.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, really? I have never wired my own vehicle before at all. The most I've done is fuses. If people can't ask questions, they can't learn. Asking a question is NOT complaining. Just because I have no clue doesn't mean that I can't learn. This is super insulting.
I think their point is that if you don’t understand what Ford has offered with the auxiliary wiring you shouldn’t complain about it.

You can ask questions just don’t ask why they didn’t do more.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should have sized all the switches the same at 16AWG. If the owner wants load protection at less amperages, he just swaps in lower rated fuses.
My guess is that would have required a heavier duty alternator and higher capacity battery, upping the cost by quite a bit, potentially even double. I think this was a good trade-off since most people will have lower-draw items in the mix. If someone is running that much, high-wattage stuff, they probably just want to do everything from scratch.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think their point is that if you don’t understand what Ford has offered with the auxiliary wiring you shouldn’t complain about it.

You can ask questions just don’t ask why they didn’t do more.
I would say no one should tell anyone else not to ask that question. Asking that, and other questions, is the way people learn - even if it sounds like complaining to others. That is what we do on this forum, anyway.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Manufacturers almost never install wiring for features that don't exist. They order the harnesses to the vehicle's spec from the harness manufacturer.
Well, TBH my experience has been mostly with BMWs for the past 3 decades. Of the five BMW's I've had, the wiring harnesses include all the wires and connectors for factory optional equipment not installed at the factory, which makes most retrofits of original factory-available equipment options (for the specific model year they were offered) plug and play. My only Ford experience is from when I upgraded the audio system in my '99 F150 (Work Truck trim - below XL :LOL:) with a Ford factory CD unit from a auto recycler to replace the 2-speaker AM/FM radio. The wire harness for the rear speakers (behind the seat) was there, I just had to plug in the add-in rear speakers.

But your right, the B&O system only available at the top 3 trim levels may include a separate wire harness just for the sub, or justify Ford having two similar wire harnesses for that part of the Bronco.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is that would have required a heavier duty alternator and higher capacity battery, upping the cost by quite a bit, potentially even double. I think this was a good trade-off since most people will have lower-draw items in the mix. If someone is running that much, high-wattage stuff, they probably just want to do everything from scratch.
Good point. You could in theory require another 1,800 watts to the system if one ran all 6 circuits simultaneously. As it is now you could add 780 watts of load, which still could be problematic.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So now the real question. If the switches really just run to a set of rated relays, can I gain access to those relays? If I can, then there's really no reason they can't all be 40A relays with a little effort.

I'm going to have so much fun hacking this truck ....

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say no one should tell anyone else not to ask that question. Asking that, and other questions, is the way people learn - even if it sounds like complaining to others. That is what we do on this forum, anyway.
So does that mean you’re complaining about someone complaining and that’s got you upset? 😜