Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't imagine dropping from a Wildtrak to a Badlands with no sasquatch, and thinking $2500 was enough to make it right. It's gonna cost way more than $2500 to get you back to that. Hard top for soft top, argue all day about that, lux vs high, argue the merits of one over the other all day...but that Sasquatch, that would be a non starter to me. If it isn't sasquatched I'm not interested.
I would consider Badlands. I just don't know if Ford would actually allow me to have that.
Sponsored

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Talk to your dealer. You shouldn't have an order for one from a dealer that doesn't have an allocation. That was a problem when the raptor first became available, but by now, if you still have an order, it should be allocated. not necessarily scheduled, but available to be scheduled.
I’m only asking if these constraints apply to the Bronco Raptor.
I’m a day 1 reservation holder. I received the Raptor golden ticket last year, put in my order which was then pushed to 2023 MY. I then put in an updated 2023 order which is now waiting to be scheduled.
I’m sure Ford or my dealer will eventually reach out but I’m trying to find out if this will push my order out even further. I’m guessing no one knows if this affects Raptors or not yet because I haven’t seen anything mentioned.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford could’ve made this much less painful if they’d communicated better with customers.
Exactly. @Ford Motor Company has failed at communication literally every step of the way. This fuck up & all continued fuck ups fall solely on their leadership.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My original dealer has crazy ADM on all stock Broncos. Any idea if I’m able to choose a stock vehicle from a different dealer to apply the $2,500 credit to?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m only asking if these constraints apply to the Bronco Raptor.
I’m a day 1 reservation holder. I received the Raptor golden ticket last year, put in my order which was then pushed to 2023 MY. I then put in an updated 2023 order which is now waiting to be scheduled.
I’m sure Ford or my dealer will eventually reach out but I’m trying to find out if this will push my order out even further. I’m guessing no one knows if this affects Raptors or not yet because I haven’t seen anything mentioned.

I'd take it as Ford knows how many Raptors its going to build in a year and that number is factored into the constraint formula (IE: if they build 500 raptors this year [I'm making that number up for this example], that means there is 500 less hard tops for regular builds.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I must say, for as much as Ford has been tagged in this thread, they are avoiding it like the 2.7 fail thread 😂

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So on the first memo, it said if you drop those options you will get scheduled. But how soon?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My understanding is that if most of the unscheduled orders (remember, they have only taken orders from people who placed 2021, 2022 orders. no new public 2023 orders have been allowed) will be scheduled and built as 2023MY. Any excess capacity beyond those orders will go to dealer inventory. I'd be shocked if they have the capacity to take new consumer orders for the MY2023.
Heck, I would be shocked if when they take MY2024 orders that all of those will get built.

Remember when the Bronco was announced, and many questioned how Ford would support so many variations and options in manufacturing? That was a good question, and it seems the answer is they simply can't. It looks great in the marketing information, but the reality is they can't.
I think that it's fair to say that they can't sustain/afford to do a lot of things. I am perhaps being a little hard on them with regards to the constraints and price protection aspect of this, because they should have never promised something that they weren't confident on being able to deliver. Not giving them a pass on this, but I can see that they are in a no win situation now.

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Ford will announce they are really bringing back the vibe of the first gen Bronco by telling all 2-door reservations/orders they will be getting a roadster version with no roof. LOL

Ford Bronco 💰 Official: $2500 Order Modification Offer to Wildtrak Customers (switch trims) and Non-Wildtrak Customers (modify order to remove constraints) 1673890287201

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a fair question. From what I’ve gathered based on what Granger and other discount dealers have said, they checked and were not waived off from making the offers to customers. Ford controlled the reservation system and should have been aware that certain dealers were getting quite a high volume of reservations and eventually orders. Ford could’ve stepped in at any point and let dealers and customers know that this kind of arrangement won’t fly and shut it down. Silence is complicity, imo, and all of us with below invoice deals have known for some time that we’d have to wait. Now the punishment for seeking a better deal is being applied to customers along with remaining order holders. Fair is an over used word so I’m not going to use it but Ford could’ve made this much less painful if they’d communicated better with customers.
The reservation system obviously doesn't work for Ford (or probably any other traditional automaker). It worked for Tesla because Tesla controlled the whole process. Ford isn't Tesla though.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Ford will announce they are really bringing back the vibe of the first gen Bronco by telling all 2-door reservations/orders they will be getting a roadster version with no roof. LOL

Ford Bronco 💰 Official: $2500 Order Modification Offer to Wildtrak Customers (switch trims) and Non-Wildtrak Customers (modify order to remove constraints) 1673890287201
I'd probably take it. I can find a roof somewhere at some point.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for catching me up.

But what evidence do we have for “these dealers were initially given the go ahead”? Do we have anything other than the offending dealers saying so?

I’ve done a lot of work in the automotive space and I’ve never seen a manufacturer/dealer agreement that would make this acceptable and not a breach with the other dealers. The other dealers were most likely well within their rights to complain.
Several dealers on this forum were at the fall 2020 dealer meeting and said that Ford specifically congratulated Granger on their Grangetober idea .... right before yanking the rug out from under all dealers that outperformed.
(Just hearsay, but that was the word at the time.)

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well damn, Wildtrak values about to skyrocket. Anyone wanna buy one? Lol.
Less than 24 hours and 24 pages.

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
part of the problem!
I'm part of the problem how? Because I'm trying to hook up someone with a Bronco instead of letting it go to the dealer so they can mark it up??

Ok...🤡
no, you’re part of the problem because you ordered more then one Bronco then you obviously need, hence the reason you’re trying to sell it now when you haven’t even received it yet. Not that hard to figure that out

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you know? Official source?
Because you are not in the clear without a VIN number. It's not an official source, and priority 2 does mean that you are in a better position than anyone else with a higher number... but until you have that VIN number, you are not scheduled, and if you are not scheduled, you are not in the clear.

Even with a scheduled VIN, things can still (and have) gone horribly wrong for people (including vehicles totalled in transit). You are in the clear once you take delivery of the vehicle and really not before then. Now once you have been scheduled and have a VIN, the probability of not being in the clear drops to a point of near certainty that you will get your Bronco... at some point.
Sponsored