Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sup folks!

I wanted to share my findings about running the King's and SPC combo. I recently came back from the Rubicon and discovered that the line was rubbed through a bit.

Conditions that caused this issue:
Fully flexing out my front from crawling the Rubicon
Sway bar was disconnected

Below are my notes:
Coilover height unadjusted from the box
UCA ball joint set to "neutral" position
Alignment is set to factory specs
Driver side damage appears to be deeper

Our THEORETICAL fix:
According to my friend, we'll have to rotate the line fitting at the top of the shock. Apparently we have to either remove and replace the nitrogen or be careful not to let any leak out when we loosen the fitting

I'll document the repair and post it here in the future. I can only speak to what I've personally experienced and wanted to raise awareness just in case someone else runs into this issue. It would be terribly inconvenient for someone to rub through their resi line deep in the forest.

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_3643.JPG
Driver Side

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_3644.JPG

Passenger Side
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sup folks!

I wanted to share my findings about running the King's and SPC combo. I recently came back from the Rubicon and discovered that the line was rubbed through a bit.

Conditions that caused this issue:
Fully flexing out my front from crawling the Rubicon
Sway bar was disconnected

Below are my notes:
Coilover height unadjusted from the box
UCA ball joint set to "neutral" position
Alignment is set to factory specs
Driver side damage appears to be deeper

Our THEORETICAL fix:
According to my friend, we'll have to rotate the line fitting at the top of the shock. Apparently we have to either remove and replace the nitrogen or be careful not to let any leak out when we loosen the fitting

I'll document the repair and post it here in the future. I can only speak to what I've personally experienced and wanted to raise awareness just in case someone else runs into this issue. It would be terribly inconvenient for someone to rub through their resi line deep in the forest.

IMG_3643.JPG
Driver Side

IMG_3644.JPG

Passenger Side
That wouldn't be good at all. Good luck!

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for posting
I was looking at those uca before purchasing the camburg

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting
I was looking at those uca before purchasing the camburg
Additional notes on SPC UCA:
-I love that the ball joint is easy to replace should it go bad. They also allow for a crap ton of articulation too

-They don't need to be maintained as often as their fancier counter parts from Camburg or Total Chaos.

-The arms provide a wide range of adjustability to dial in the camber and caster.
----------------------------------------------------
While on the subject of UCA's I wanted to share some personal notes of what I've seen and experienced working on different rigs with various lift kits/ setups. Hopefully somebody will the find the info useful.

Without getting too technical, I'll break down the significance of camber and caster for the everyday commuter/driver.

-Good camber= even tire wear
-Bad camber= uneven tire wear + may cause slight pull in steering
-Good caster specs (as it pertains to lifted trucks with big chonky tires)= helps the truck drive straight and can correct pulling
-Bad caster specs= will cause a noticeable pull

Last edited:

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd try the ICON Billet UCAs.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

-I love that the ball joint is easy to replace should it go bad. They also allow for a crap ton of articulation too

-They don't need to be maintained as often as their fancier counter parts from Camburg or Total Chaos.

-The arms provide a wide range of adjustability to dial in the camber and caster.
While on the subject of UCA's I wanted to share some personal notes of what I've seen and experienced working on different rigs with various lift kits/ setups. Hopefully somebody will the find the info useful.

Without getting too technical, I'll break down the significance of camber and caster for the everyday commuter/driver.

-Good caster specs (as it pertains to lifted trucks with big chonky tires)= helps the truck drive straight and can correct pulling
Can we have an update on this please? I have Kings on their way and I really want to run SPC’s

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd try the ICON Billet UCAs.
Someone on here had the same issue with the King set up and Icon Billet UCAs. Think they're still for sale in the classifieds.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have tried to express those two points to many people before buying the bling. 😁 🤘

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have tried to express those two points to many people before buying the bling. 😁 🤘
I’m probably going to still go with SPC for my Kings and just adjust the line to fit with the UCA. I have the ability to change it all around with the shop I use

Sponsored
OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sup Everyone,

I had no idea that people actually read this thread lol

Long story short, the answer to my issue is to loosen up the hose fitting on the shock itself and reposition the hose so the UCA doesn't make contact. But if I do that the nitrogen/ oil in the shock will escape and will need to be replenished. Fortunately I have a shop a bunch of connects so that's a non-issue for me whereas the average DIY'er MAY not have the same resources as myself.

HOWEVER I DID ENCOUNTER A NEW ISSUE
-SPC UCA's making contact with the strut towers
-Issue occurs when suspension is a full droop

-We've built a couple broncos at the shop and haven't seen this before
-Customer bought a Base 2.3 and asked us to add 37's, 4" lift on Eibach's, and SPC UCA's
(side issue, I noticed the advance trac warning kicks on. Probs need to reprogram truck to recognize 37's)

I'm currently working with our distributors and SPC to figure out what's going on. Definitely not an installation issue PHEW!

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_6194.JPG

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_6188.JPG

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_6189.JPG

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_6195.JPG

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sup Everyone,

I had no idea that people actually read this thread lol

Long story short, the answer to my issue is to loosen up the hose fitting on the shock itself and reposition the hose so the UCA doesn't make contact. But if I do that the nitrogen/ oil in the shock will escape and will need to be replenished. Fortunately I have a shop a bunch of connects so that's a non-issue for me whereas the average DIY'er MAY not have the same resources as myself.

HOWEVER I DID ENCOUNTER A NEW ISSUE
-SPC UCA's making contact with the strut towers
-Issue occurs when suspension is a full droop

-We've built a couple broncos at the shop and haven't seen this before
-Customer bought a Base 2.3 and asked us to add 37's, 4" lift on Eibach's, and SPC UCA's
(side issue, I noticed the advance trac warning kicks on. Probs need to reprogram truck to recognize 37's)

I'm currently working with our distributors and SPC to figure out what's going on. Definitely not an installation issue PHEW!

Ford Bronco 🚨SPC Upper Control Arm Making Contact on King's 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Line 🚨 IMG_6195.JPG

I also encountered SPC contacting my strut tower on my lifted Sasquatch. My buddies stock Sasquatch also has the same issue of contact. SPC has reached and told me they havnt seen this issue before… apparently they have if you told them lol. Weird

B272B93A-77BA-498F-8C22-CEF6FC453ED0.jpeg

56FBBCA9-706E-4F6E-8B40-4FFAE6986DB9.jpeg

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any update on this issue with the SPC's? I was looking at getting these, Icon or JBA's.

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anything more on this?
Sponsored