markpilip

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those on convoy…. I looked up a few delivered vins in my area on Palsapp and found a mix of vehicles showing delivered with updated status and vehicles that had been delivered but still show the same pending state with no destination that Palsapp shows on our vehicles currently. It seems that Palsapp tracking is not so consistent. (Surprise!) Also, I saw a post in another build week confirming the state did not change as the vehicle moved to the dealer and eventually to the new owner.
Interesting. I hope that's the case for mine. I've got a trip coming up on Feb 16th and would love to have my Bronco instead of my old hooptie 2004 Honda Element.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly!!!!! Of course, this would mean that we are actually on a chip hold. Let the conspiracy theories evolve. Perhaps all the trucks are in Canada, perhaps there is some other reason, I don't know. It's just one theory worthy of looking into. Not like we are all busy out driving our Broncos...565 days later since I reserved mine!
The chip hold is real. I obtained some communication from a higher level exec at ford. How they are implementing it makes me think it’s a low inventory they are managing (or mis managing). Anyway I have shared some of the details of the communication with @Firefight911. I don’t want to mess up my contact now but I will share some more later.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those on convoy…. I looked up a few delivered vins in my area on Palsapp and found a mix of vehicles showing delivered with updated status and vehicles that had been delivered but still show the same pending state with no destination that Palsapp shows on our vehicles currently. It seems that Palsapp tracking is not so consistent. (Surprise!) Also, I saw a post in another build week confirming the state did not change as the vehicle moved to the dealer and eventually to the new owner.
Can't help but laugh at this point.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can't help but laugh at this point.
Yes it can be funny from our view. But it is amazing really that we can run down this information and share. It’s really getting into their operations. Until this social platform this was never possible. Putting the spotlight on a lot of inefficiencies that have probably been there. I don’t think this is all unique to bronco.

Sponsored

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes it can be funny from our view. But it is amazing really that we can run down this information and share. It’s really getting into their operations. Until this social platform this was never possible. Putting the spotlight on a lot of inefficiencies that have probably been there. I don’t think this is all unique to bronco.
Those stats we can pull from the spreadsheets is interesting! I've noticed that the 1/21/22 build week has delivery dates similar to ours. To me that means Ford has sorted out the chip shortage for now. Pure speculation on my part of course.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The chip hold is real. I obtained some communication from a higher level exec at ford. How they are implementing it makes me think it’s a low inventory they are managing (or mis managing). Anyway I have shared some of the details of the communication with @Firefight911. I don’t want to mess up my contact now but I will share some more later.
Yes, a bit of tongue in cheek, but the chip issue is, in my best guess, an actual thing. I am also firmly of the belief it is not an enormous issue as we have seen some movement of dates back to earlier timelines and many rail shipped builds never had date changes. All this corroborates your statement of (mis)managing the supply on hand and/or coming in.

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is the transport section.

Ford Bronco đź›  1/17/2022 Build week group Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 1.21.34 PM
Have not been able to specifically locate this rail hub but, it is widely reported in my small searches to encompass Galpin and several other larger S. Cal dealerships.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those stats we can pull from the spreadsheets is interesting! I've noticed that the 1/21/22 build week has delivery dates similar to ours. To me that means Ford has sorted out the chip shortage for now. Pure speculation on my part of course.
Or are hoping to get it sorted out by 2/28. The thing that worries me is just the process to stage and install the vehicles needing the chip. Any operation after mass production is slow.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or are hoping to get it sorted out by 2/28. The thing that worries me is just the process to stage and install the vehicles needing the chip. Any operation after mass production is slow.
Fully agree. That's what got me thinking of using the etis link to track our vehicles and their being hooked up to the system as they run through module install and QC again before, hopefully, getting loaded and sent out to our ultimate delivery locations. This could be an interesting, and telling, week going forward. Previous build weeks are already creating "Ice Mountain" stickers in honor of the Dirt Mountain debacle. Dear God, let us hope we don't have that again!!

Sponsored

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fully agree. That's what got me thinking of using the etis link to track our vehicles and their being hooked up to the system as they run through module install and QC again before, hopefully, getting loaded and sent out to our ultimate delivery locations. This could be an interesting, and telling, week going forward. Previous build weeks are already creating "Ice Mountain" stickers in honor of the Dirt Mountain debacle. Dear God, let us hope we don't have that again!!
I kinda want an Ice Mountain sticker, just not a similar wait as Dirt Mountain.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have not been able to specifically locate this rail hub but, it is widely reported in my small searches to encompass Galpin and several other larger S. Cal dealerships.
It’s probably Hobart station in commerce. Or the only other possibility is Barstow.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright, I just went out and installed the Curt hitch on my wife’s Bronco. Yeah, it took longer to open the box and find the two wrenches to install than it actually did to, well, install it. If you are not getting the factory installed tow hitch, easy peasey install!!!!!

B5E8C938-350D-444C-B776-3E83FE191324.jpeg

Wildtrak2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have something for us to do while we pine over the football games today, our Bronco status, and what to eat for dinner a week from Tuesday...duh, tacos, it's Tuesday!!

Go into this link,

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Enter your VIN. Once the site populates, click on the line that states "View PTI information". Now, go down to the second menu option, " PTI related Electronic Control Units Installed on this VIN", and open it up. Scroll down through the populated tabs on the far right side under "Last checked". All the dates should correspond with your blend or production date. Anything that has a null field will populate with 1-1-1970 as the default date. I'm not concerned with that date. Not all vehicles have all the modules. What I am curious to see, especially for those who were kicked back to 2-28-22 from their original estimated delivery date, is what date is populated there now? Are they all still the same as your original blend/production date? Does one or all of them have a new date? Each time your vehicle is either hooked up to the system (FDRS) or does an OTA update, some or all the modules will update with a new date.

For my Bronco here, no changes have been noted. I have never had a delivery date estimate change on the trackers either. For the Bronco I already own, my latest updated date came when my system did an OTA update. I am very curious to see if anyone's Bronco has been plugged in. If the date is more recent, especially if there are multiple dates, then it is a guarantee that your vehicle was worked on, either to add a chip/module, or through a QC event.

This is just a theory for now. But, we might be able to find a corresponding date adjustment with this field changing.
Mine all still say 1/21, and I still have the one null
Ford Bronco đź›  1/17/2022 Build week group 1643587323437

BuckyTheBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright, I just went out and installed the Curt hitch on my wife’s Bronco. Yeah, it took longer to open the box and find the two wrenches to install than it actually did to, well, install it. If you are not getting the factory installed tow hitch, easy peasey install!!!!!
Looks great! I’ve watched two videos online and it seems super easy. The wire harness looks a little tricky however.
Sponsored