🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct. Navigation will be provided at a later day for no additional charge when more chips have become available and modules are produced.
Article below is indicating that it cannot be added later…..

Sponsored
In recent months, the chip shortage and other supply constraints have wreaked havoc on automotive production, prompting Ford to drop a number of features from a wide variety of its vehicles – some temporary, and some more permanent. This includes the 2022 Ford Bronco, which is no longer available with paint protection film from the factory, while Ford stopped taking orders for its rugged SUV for the 2022 model year back in February as its production capacity is already maxed out. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup is ditching its factory navigation system starting next month, too.
ruption-Green-Color-Press-Photos-Exterior-006-side.jpg

The 2022 Bronco lineup will lose its optional factory navigation system option beginning with Job 2 production, which applies to all models built on or after May 2nd, 2022, though that date is subject to change. This feature is currently available as an option on Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands trims as part of the Mid Package (222A equipment group) and is standard on Badlands trims equipped with the High (333A) or Lux Package (334A), as well as Outer Banks and Wildtrak trims. Factory navigation is not available on Base-trimmed Bronco models.

This change is officially presented as “Navigation Removal” and has been assigned the 59D order code, though it’s required, which means that factory navigation has effectively been removed from the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup altogether. However, based on how Ford has made this particular change, it’s likely that it’s only temporary as a result of the chip shortage.
2022-Ford-Bronco-Wildtrak-Exterior-003-Rear.jpg

On the same token, it doesn’t appear likely that Ford dealers will be able to add this feature at a later date, which has been the case with other models, including the Ford Explorer – which has temporarily lost its rear-seat climate controls, and Active Park Assist 2.0, which has recently been removed from the 2022 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E EV crossover, 2022 Ford Expedition SUV, and 2022 Lincoln Navigator luxury SUV. However, owners will still be able to use their phones for navigation via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which is standard on all Bronco trims.

gazrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Sentra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any other cyber orange homies? I haven’t seen a single one in person yet.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I called customer service on Monday and they told me my Bronco is to be here on Friday. Called again today for an update and it seems to have been moved to Monday the 11th. But she did say it could come earlier. Let’s hope.

TNBRONCO92

Big Bend
First Name
Katelyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As I posted yesterday my salesman said it’s been produced but on hold. Would he know an estimated delivery on their end? Or is just everyone in the dark?

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Article below is indicating that it cannot be added later…..

Sponsored
In recent months, the chip shortage and other supply constraints have wreaked havoc on automotive production, prompting Ford to drop a number of features from a wide variety of its vehicles – some temporary, and some more permanent. This includes the 2022 Ford Bronco, which is no longer available with paint protection film from the factory, while Ford stopped taking orders for its rugged SUV for the 2022 model year back in February as its production capacity is already maxed out. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup is ditching its factory navigation system starting next month, too.
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 2022-Ford-Bronco-Wildtrak-Exterior-003-Rear

The 2022 Bronco lineup will lose its optional factory navigation system option beginning with Job 2 production, which applies to all models built on or after May 2nd, 2022, though that date is subject to change. This feature is currently available as an option on Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands trims as part of the Mid Package (222A equipment group) and is standard on Badlands trims equipped with the High (333A) or Lux Package (334A), as well as Outer Banks and Wildtrak trims. Factory navigation is not available on Base-trimmed Bronco models.

This change is officially presented as “Navigation Removal” and has been assigned the 59D order code, though it’s required, which means that factory navigation has effectively been removed from the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup altogether. However, based on how Ford has made this particular change, it’s likely that it’s only temporary as a result of the chip shortage.
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 2022-Ford-Bronco-Wildtrak-Exterior-003-Rear

On the same token, it doesn’t appear likely that Ford dealers will be able to add this feature at a later date, which has been the case with other models, including the Ford Explorer – which has temporarily lost its rear-seat climate controls, and Active Park Assist 2.0, which has recently been removed from the 2022 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E EV crossover, 2022 Ford Expedition SUV, and 2022 Lincoln Navigator luxury SUV. However, owners will still be able to use their phones for navigation via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which is standard on all Bronco trims.
I can not confirm either way to be perfectly honest. I will continue to look for bulletins in our dealer portal for confirmation. I really hope that is not the case though! 🤞

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I posted yesterday my salesman said it’s been produced but on hold. Would he know an estimated delivery on their end? Or is just everyone in the dark?
As a salesperson myself, I can tell you that you have access to the same information we do with the trackers on this forum. I have been on the mountain since my 1/22 blend myself. I have watched the “paint dry” with almost no update since then. 🤷‍♂️

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a salesperson myself, I can tell you that you have access to the same information we do with the trackers on this forum. I have been on the mountain since my 1/22 blend myself. I have watched the “paint dry” with almost no update since then. 🤷‍♂️
with all due respect, that doesn’t sound right.

When I ask for my rail car number, ford says “only your dealer can see that.”

So, there are other systems they can get to that we cannot.

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy new names. Where the hell all you come from!?

Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can not confirm either way to be perfectly honest. I will continue to look for bulletins in our dealer portal for confirmation. I really hope that is not the case though! 🤞
Could this apply to some of ours that are effectively “built” yet awaiting a module? Or would it only apply to new units coming down the line in May?

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you actually believe that you are speaking to “Ford” when you call that number…. 🤦‍♂️

Ford has a hotline set up to field the dozens of daily calls so that corporate does not. The people in the hotline have limited access to some information but understand, salespeople too are often limited. I was a New Car Manager for several years with Ford. I am sharing because I do have many years of experience with Ford. However, the New Bronco ordering process debacle is unlike anything any sales team has had to communicate to their clients ever before.

I know you mean no disrespect, but I am just sharing what my 25 yrs in the business has shown me. 🍻

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed! Dealers can look up the primary and secondary status sections in the system. This is where this type of information resides that we common folk cannot access.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could this apply to some of ours that are effectively “built” yet awaiting a module? Or would it only apply to new units coming down the line in May?
From what I have interpreted thus far, it would apply to those going into production Q2. Not the ones built in Q1 and awaiting a chip. But who knows really….

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed! Dealers can look up the primary and secondary status sections in the system. This is where this type of information resides that we common folk cannot access.
See anything there that is secret? 🤷‍♂️😁
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group DD0E5B6A-9414-4D2A-A915-048F55CA0E6A
Sponsored