Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hear ya and right there too. I’m looking at used Sierra 1500 AT4’s
Yup, I'm looking at them also. I'm test driving a used RAM Rebel in a couple days too.
Pretty much over this.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Time to place a new order. Found out mine is being held up with damage.
I think many of us in Ice Mountain are damaged.

My window was scratched (denied claim), two of my doors are wavy and pushed in along the bottom (refuse to acknowledge claim), and then this weekend I removed my rear bumper cover and the driver side rear bumper bracket is hilariously smashed in and mangled. The bumper manages to sit straight but only because plastic is malleable and I can push it up into place to get the screws in.

I bet it was rear-ended when being parked in Ice Mountain and they removed the bumper, put a new one on, and hammered on the bracket the best they could.

Oh, I've got the issue IAG discovered with their hood struts where the plastic faring between the hood and windshield is warping due to heat. I can't push mine back down into place.

Oh, oh....and the stitching in my soft top is broken and coming out in multiple spots.

Also spent the weekend painting all the frame welds because they have air in the them and the paint is flaking away and they are all rusting.

#BuiltFordTough

Last edited:

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

My window was scratched (denied claim), two of my doors are wavy and pushed in along the bottom (refuse to acknowledge claim), and then this weekend I removed my rear bumper cover and the driver side rear bumper bracket is hilariously smashed in and mangled. The bumper manages to sit straight but only because plastic is malleable and I can push it up into place to get the screws in.

I bet it was rear-ended when being parked in Ice Mountain and they removed the bumper, put a new one on, and hammered on the bracket the best they could.

Oh, I've got the issue IAG discovered with their hood struts where the plasctic faring between the hood and windshield is warping due to heat. I can't push mine back down into place.

Oh, oh....and the stitching in my soft top is broken and coming out in multiple spots.

Also spent the weekend painting all the frame welds because they have air in the them and the paint is flaking away and they are all rusting.

#BuiltFordTough
Wow makes me want to get mine even more🙁

Wildtrak2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow makes me want to get mine even more🙁
Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting mine now too. Wonder how much hidden damage there is. Maybe that's why they're taking 5 weeks to ship after they were built? To repair the damage from Ice Mountain?

Sponsored

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All these horror stories about damaged Broncos and pushed back EDD’s is really getting me worried. Especially since customer service told me last week that my Bronco was shipped and then dropped of somewhere else and is awaiting shipment to go the rest of the way. I’m only roughly 3 hours from map. They couldn’t give me reason why it was picked up and dropped off, status on the tracker has never changed always and still says awaiting shipment.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting mine now too. Wonder how much hidden damage there is. Maybe that's why they're taking 5 weeks to ship after they were built? To repair the damage from Ice Mountain?
I had plans to blow mine apart when I get it anyway to give an extremely good detail and now it’s going to be for looking for damage

Wildtrak2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had plans to blow mine apart when I get it anyway to give an extremely good detail and now it’s going to be for looking for damage
Sounds like a good plan, but it absolutely sucks that we should need to do this.

Better to find the damage now and file a claim than to discover it later and have them deny it or claim we did it.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Oh, I've got the issue IAG discovered with their hood struts where the plasctic faring between the hood and windshield is warping due to heat. I can't push mine back down into place.

#BuiltFordTough
So they denied the scratched window and the wavy doors? Does the repair have to come out of your pocket or are you going to continue to push Ford to make it right?

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still love it - but each day is a new surprise!
I was going to say exactly this...

I haven't had any of the major build quality issues surface, but ofcourse there are still little things that irk me.

All that said, I'm so thankful I saw it through and didn't bail for a Wrangler or 4Runner. It's amazing Jeep still makes Wranglers so unreliable for as long as that drivetrain has been in production. On the flip side, Toyota is all reliability yet so gutless and featureless. My OBX has very little tradeoff for a daily driver, the biggest problem was getting it!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So they denied the scratched window and the wavy doors? Does the repair have to come out of your pocket or are you going to continue to push Ford to make it right?
They denied the scratched window. The dealer ordered a new window and is eating the cost because they discovered it during their PDI and alerted me to it. Find yourself a dealer that treats customers the way Germain has treated me.

The wavy doors - we had documented less than 48 hours after taking ownership (I didn't notice it before I took it home). They were pushing on Ford. FoMoCo reached out through B6G to me and created an "advanced SUV customer satisfaction" ticket or whatever that is. Basically someone called me last Friday night and tried to blame the dealer, then blame them again, and then told me to file it under a warranty claim and if I have any out of pocket expenses they could provide some assistance.

So I decided it's not worth putting my dealership through and not worth souring that relationship. It's documented. It Ford ever quits sitting on their hands and does something about it for the dozens if not hundreds of other Broncos with the same door issues then we'll pick it back up.

Soft top I am having service look at. I'd rather have the seams all double stitched (like the velcro right below and inside of this seam) because the seams all fold when it gets put all the way back and they're going to continue to tear/pop/separate and come out.

The plastic faring? I'll wait till it actually cracks and then file it with service.

The rust? It's a Ford, I knew what I was getting into.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Straight from my dealer…

The good news is that your Bronco is in Richmond! Currently, the port is double capacity so some vehicles have not been unloaded yet from the railcars. Right now, the site shows a delivery date of May 8th. I will let you know as soon as it touches on the lot.

lancobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout II, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i complained on twitter to ford, they dm'd me that it's "in production" and should direct concerns to my dealer. so no news
Ford, Farley, Levine and the interns have never responded to my Tweets.
Sponsored