CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is sitting in a rail yard 3 miles from my dealer and has been since Monday. I talked to BNSF today who told me there is a back log of empty rail cars they are trying to move out before moving 30 more in (one of which has my Bronco on it). The quote from the BNSF rep was, "This week has been a mess here." It's tough waiting two years and being this close and again in a holding pattern...
that sucks- mine was loaded off the train and is parked in the lot just waiting for the truck! any day now but the end feels like the hardest part
Sponsored

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My plan is to keep the rims but power coat. There was a nice post on these rim’s pictured.

1596CC54-3015-4929-AD15-6B36D16972B3.jpeg
The powder coating looks so good! I looked into that, as well, but the dealer quoted me an extra $1K. Not sure if that’s on par with the going rate, but thought it was too pricey.

My husband got his stock type R wheels powder coated and it was around 600 for 4.

20220518_114332.jpg

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My husband got his stock type R wheels powder coated and it was around 600 for 4.

20220518_114332.jpg
Cool! Have you or @ocbucks1 seen anything about powder coating affecting the warranty in any way? I read something about how the high heat can warp the aluminum/damage the integrity. Also why I am hesitant to do it. $600 sounds like a great deal though!

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool! Have you or @ocbucks1 seen anything about powder coating affecting the warranty in any way? I read something about how the high heat can warp the aluminum/damage the integrity. Also why I am hesitant to do it. $600 sounds like a great deal though!
I have not heard anything, but I think we are so cautious because of this fiasco and our trucks are irreplaceable.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No not heard that. Seems it is a very common practice. What high heat? Are you sure that isn’t a wrap or something. Power coating shouldn’t be a high heat as far as I know.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No not heard that. Seems it is a very common practice. What high heat? Are you sure that isn’t a wrap or something. Power coating shouldn’t be a high heat as far as I know.
Powder coating cures the material at a temperature of somewhere between 325 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature is in line, actually below, typical temperatures seen from braking in a passenger car. Also, in race application, the temperatures of brakes can exceed 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. In all my years of racing, I have never once had an issue experienced from powder coating any wheel, automotive, or motorcycle. As a former professional racer, this one has no merit and is not of concern.

As for the warranty, it would be a simple connection to deny a warranty for stripping and changing the outer surface of the wheel. Frankly, if you are going to the trouble of doing this, a warranty claim for a wheel is of no consequence and, as I indicated above, it is of little concern.

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I learned something interesting while at the bank. For those of you financing at a credit union. The higher mkt value of the bronco combined w your down payment, if you have more than 20% equity value in the car you may be eligible for 25bps reduction on your interest rate. Def ask your bank if they have reduced interest rates if you have more equity in the car. I was floored when my relationship mgr told me my rate was actually less than what we had locked in at.

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The gatorbacks are for real. Def worth having. Had the dealer install yesterday using customer satisfaction money. The Dealer hasn’t installed them yet and all were impressed. Gives the extra beefy look
Post a pic please !! Would love to see them and not so up close like the ford site has!

Sponsored

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do love them! They look real good! My dealership will never give me a $1000 although with a couple screw ups, they told me to bring my Bronco in next week on empty and they’d fill it up! Lol! So that almost a free $100 again!

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

day 3 of sitting in the railyard- dealer told me it's usually 1-2 weeks at the railyard- just hoping i get lucky and it's not that long. this has been 2 years of hoping and so far not one bit of it has gone right! how long did you all sit in the railyard waiting to get to the dealers?
mine was 3 weeks 😓 in north tx

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

work has been ridiculous so I haven’t been on here in a long time - 40 pages ago 💀 I’m so happy to see so many of you finally getting built and shipped!!! finally the light at the end of the tunnel

jcashlady

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how long after awaiting shipment did you get shipped notifications…I got awaiting shipment on Monday….I’m nervous I’m just stuck in another weird nothing….
Sponsored