First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OMG SHE'S OUT OF SURGERY!!! TOTAL SUCCESS!!! WINDSHIELD IS PERFECT I CAN GET HER HOME TOMORROW!!!! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

giphy.gif
Oh my goodness… such great news….!!

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OMG SHE'S OUT OF SURGERY!!! TOTAL SUCCESS!!! WINDSHIELD IS PERFECT I CAN GET HER HOME TOMORROW!!!! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

giphy.gif
Drives out the dealer and a lil pebble hits your windshield which leads to a tiny crack ☠ I'd drive in the most empty road I can until I got home. Not taking any chances

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Boomerang was at the dealership for a couple hours yesterday getting a couple of forgotten things done, they filled the tank for me since they forgot to do stuff, and no one apparently knew of the recall. I texted my saleslady today and told her about the recall. She sent me an emoji of a girl with her face in her palm. She said, "Are you kidding me?" LOL

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Boomerang was at the dealership for a couple hours yesterday getting a couple of forgotten things done, they filled the tank for me since they forgot to do stuff, and no one apparently knew of the recall. I texted my saleslady today and told her about the recall. She sent me an emoji of a girl with her face in her palm. She said, "Are you kidding me?" LOL
You already took delivery tho right? In that case you=golden. You can get that scheduled whenever. Us poor suckers that haven't taken delivery gotta get it done before we can complete the sale

Sponsored

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You already took delivery tho right? In that case you=golden. You can get that scheduled whenever. Us poor suckers that haven't taken delivery gotta get it done before we can complete the sale
Oh yeah, I picked her up the second time on May 28th! I just wished I knew about the recall yesterday. I could have just left it.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah, I picked her up the second time on May 28th! I just wished I knew about the recall yesterday. I could have just left it.
I wouldn't do that right now, unless the dealer, or glass guy shows me proof they have a new windshield ready to go in if they break mine taking it out. Otherwise I'm waiting out the backorder!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
luckily mine went ok but i checked out safelite for an online quote to get the windshield replaced just in case and it was $1300! a lot has changed since they were a few hundred the last time i did one

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
luckily mine went ok but i checked out safelite for an online quote to get the windshield replaced just in case and it was $1300! a lot has changed since they were a few hundred the last time i did one
Better question is do they have one? Idk if Ford would pay for an aftermarket replacement, but in a pinch I would pay for aftermarket glass then have the recall cover the install if that's what it took. I just know I'm gonna lose at the windshield roulette wheel!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Better question is do they have one? Idk if Ford would pay for an aftermarket replacement, but in a pinch I would pay for aftermarket glass then have the recall cover the install if that's what it took. I just know I'm gonna lose at the windshield roulette wheel!
they seemed to have one because i went as far as "schedule the appt" to have them come and do it and they could come on tues the 5th to do it luckily i didn't wind up needing it until i drive one mile tomorrow and probably crack my windshield with a pebble!

Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

giphy.gif
Woohoo!! So excited for you 👏👏

dingnan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you look at my posting history, after my EDD got pushed to early August, I told my sales rep in May I was canceling and they said they'd refund my deposit. No refund got posted back to me. Then I got a Built status email on 6/12 and shipped email on 6/15. Getting the Bronco with half the summer left changed things. I emailed my sales rep to see if my order had been promised to anyone. He said no, and he was going to talk to his GM about my refund that day. Told him to hold off. Well, it arrived today and I had to educate him on the recall which they are working on now.

So I hope to get my Bronco in the next few days.

Mborkow31

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL / Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys. Been offline for a couple weeks and just reading up about this windshield recall. Strangely enough, unaware of its existence, I had mine replaced by Safelite this past Monday because of a small crack they couldn’t repair. Do I consider that as problem solved?

LC4Dakar

Outer Banks
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus 7, Land Rover Series 2a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Educated my salesman today about the windshield and he checked his service department. They will be doing it in house, and he said there was no back order on the windshields. Yet.

Also told me he got the $930 of accessories I ordered with my Customer Satisfaction money. Sounds like the Ford system they have to use for ordering them is a bitch. Surprise.

Now if they ever get the Bronco out of the Blue Island rail yard and on a train. 10 days sitting there so far.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group 1656642384354
Sponsored