First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know most of us have gone away from this thread, but we were family, at least for a little, and I need to vent.

Anyone else on here have any issues with their airbags or am I still the only sucker with his Bronco sitting at the dealer?

I just got off the phone with the Ford Motor Company and the dealer. They were calling to update me and to remind me that my case had been escalated. Which means that my VIN has been identified as a top priority for an airbag, which is currently on backorder. Of course, they have no ETA on when the backorders will be filled, but I can rest assured my VIN is a top "priority". Oh joy!

I literally had my Bronco for a week, It's been sitting there for 16 days, still no end in sight. I asked the Ford rep how long my car has to sit at the dealer before I can claim reimbursement for having to make a payment on a vehicle that has been sitting inoperable at the dealer. Their response....30 days. WTF, so if my car is returned between 20 to 29 days I'm shit out of luck? I get stuck with making a payment for a brand new $50k car that has been sitting out of my possession for 3/4 of a month, it's not even a month old!

This isn't right and I am quickly losing my faith in FORD and in my Bronco. I've driven FORD all my life, all my cars are FORD, but this might be the last one I buy. I'm so disappointed and disillusioned.

Sorry guys, not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but man this is so draining.
Really sorry to read this, I can't imagine how frustrating it is (well, technically, I can, but you know the saying...).

I can add a small amount of humor to this - so I've now had the Bronco in my possession for 7 weeks and counting now. My first payment on the Bronco was due Feb 22.

I duly set everything up in advance, even went into the financial institution and sat with an advisor. Well, come Feb 22, they didn't take my payment out just once - they took it out twice. That was a nice surprise! There had been a clerical error on their end, and they just took the payment out, and then took it out again a few minutes later.

And I love that the payment can be taken out in a mere matter of seconds, but it sure takes it's time on the way back to my bank account (7 days).

So - as you can see... there are still some potential challenges to face!
Sponsored

Mr. Plow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Expedition, 09' FEH, 68' Mercury Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just checking in on the rest of our group who are still waiting on their Broncos. Any updates? On this end, my Bronco continues to sit at the dealer, that's now 26 days. Sitting, waiting for an "airbag". I can understand how 22's are being built and rolled off the line while 21's continue to sit at MAP or those of us needed parts are waiting because there aren't any parts available? How is that? They're still pumping the new Broncos. The worst mistake @Ford Motor Company made with this Bronco is not the vehicle itself, not the quality, not the production issues, but the lack of transparency or communication from them. This is the quickest way to lose loyal customers.

The way this has all panned out has caused me to say that if I needed to buy a new vehicle right now, it would not be a FORD.

For the record, all of my vehicles are Ford:
18 Expedition
09 Escape Hybrid
68 Mercury Cougar
Oh yeah and a 21 Bronco....at least I swore I owned one, but it feels like I was probably dreaming.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just checking in on the rest of our group who are still waiting on their Broncos. Any updates? On this end, my Bronco continues to sit at the dealer, that's now 26 days. Sitting, waiting for an "airbag". I can understand how 22's are being built and rolled off the line while 21's continue to sit at MAP or those of us needed parts are waiting because there aren't any parts available? How is that? They're still pumping the new Broncos. The worst mistake @Ford Motor Company made with this Bronco is not the vehicle itself, not the quality, not the production issues, but the lack of transparency or communication from them. This is the quickest way to lose loyal customers.

The way this has all panned out has caused me to say that if I needed to buy a new vehicle right now, it would not be a FORD.

For the record, all of my vehicles are Ford:
18 Expedition
09 Escape Hybrid
68 Mercury Cougar
Oh yeah and a 21 Bronco....at least I swore I owned one, but it feels like I was probably dreaming.
Mine still not delivered, end of March estimated delivery (I hope, but can't even get the stupid website tracker to work).

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine still shows Scheduled for Production week of 12/13/2021 on the reservation tracker and In Production-12/15/2021 on the order tracker. Last EDD before it was removed was 4/5/2022.

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you were picked for scheduling how much of a delay before your order showed scheduled on the Ford website? According to my dealer I'm scheduled but the website doesn't reflect that.

Sponsored

Ashallyb96

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Altima, 2005 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally
Ford Bronco đź›  12/13/21 Build Week Group 11485A8B-1F38-4EAF-9ADF-2AD5DCA9BE4B

broncogirl74

Outer Banks
First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After spending the weekend refreshing my Tracker at Shop.Ford.Com repeatedly and seeing several folks getting 'Built' and 'Shipped' emails, I thought I'd start tracking this on a weekly basis:

Today is March 7, 2022
# TrackingBuiltShippedDelivered
Week of Nov 296994.2%92.8%87.0%
Week of Dec 617172.5%67.3%57.3%
Week of Dec 138477.4%63.9%

As of today, looking at the three Tracking Spreadsheets, here's the percentages as indicated on all three for the status of the Bronco's each is tracking so far. As you can see the 12/13's are slightly outpacing the 12/6'ers, but their sample size is about twice of ours.

As it appears that these three weeks are the ones mostly affected by whatever has us on Ice Mountain, I thought I'd post the progress weekly. This is dependent upon folks keeping the spreadsheets updated.

Sponsored

jasonbradmorris

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, here's the run down for good ole' Brad. I sold my truck January 4th of this year because Ford said my Bronco was going to be delivered 1/8. In my state, you have 60 days to buy another vehicle and receive a credit for the sold vehicle amount on the sales tax of the new one. Well, the 8th shows up, and the bronco does not. Fast forward 55 days, and I am scrambling to buy this Bronco before my tax credit runs out. So, this past Saturday, I bought a Bronco that I have never seen from a company that has no f-ing clue when I will get it. I am fully aware that this is a self-inflicted wound because I did not wait for the SHIPPED message.

I absolutely hate this experience. I hate my dealership. Most of all, I am hating Ford for the shit-show that they have created. My blood pressure tops out every single time I see a 2022 Bronco in the hands of someone that ORDERED it. There are 0 scenarios that I can think of that would allow someone to order a 2022 ANYTHING and receive it before someone that reserved and ordered on day one.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well that didn't last long. I'm back to 3/25 - 3/31. Yesterday was happy that I got moved up to 3/12-3/18 and now back again. You can't make this shit up. I know it's only a week, but damn it's messing with me.

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many 12/13's are still waiting?

I am!

Errett

Black Diamond
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well that didn't last long. I'm back to 3/25 - 3/31. Yesterday was happy that I got moved up to 3/12-3/18 and now back again. You can't make this shit up. I know it's only a week, but damn it's messing with me.
The same thing happened to me. Edd on sunday 4/3. Edd monday 3/15-21. Edd today 3/28-4/3.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a rollercoaster. My Bronco got delivered!!! Got an email 2 days ago that it’s delayed and today got a call from my dealer that it’s delivered. Will pick it up once accessories are installed.
Sponsored