Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this on Amazon.... For the price (under $20), I'm sure it's not the best quality. I've used off brand ball mount stuff in the past with mixed results.... typical issue with the generic stuff is that it dries, cracks and falls apart after a while in sunlight. But I bought this just so I could experiment with mounting locations so I can hopefully find something that puts my phone where I want it without looking like an appendage of Dr. Octavious.

If you want to mount a portable radio, cell phone, etc., but don't want to drill, screw, tape, glue. If your not sure where you want it to go.... this might be helpful. Made for a bicycle handlebar, the clamp mounts to the center grab handle pretty nicely. The ball on the other end is a 1/4-20 thread, so it will tap directly into the hole on the top of the dash for another mount point. This gives you an articulation point, a clamp and a threaded ball to play with while you figure out the best mounting location that suites your needs.

For the nay-sayers: Yes I mount my phone. Not all the apps I use work with CarPlay. (Dash Command, for example, is one of my favorites). Also, I use my work phone for car play (unlimited data plan) and mount my personal phone. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that has more than one phone. So before everyone jumps in and goes crazy saying that CarPlay is a one-size fits all solution.... it's not.

On the other end, I have a Magnetic Cell Charger attached with epoxy to a Ram Ball on a round plate. For around town, I've had no problems with my phone staying put.... but I don't think it would do so great off-road. (The magnet part, I'm sure the epoxy is solid.) I used this on my expedition and work car for a couple years now without any issues.

Camera Mount

Ford Bronco 1" Ram Mount - Multiple mounting locations Ram Camera Mount

Ram Ball with Plate
Ford Bronco 1" Ram Mount - Multiple mounting locations Ram Ball

Magnetic Charger
Ford Bronco 1" Ram Mount - Multiple mounting locations MagCharger
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
whmoorejr

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is this part happening? Bolted on, special hand grip, unicorn dust?
Ford Bronco 1" Ram Mount - Multiple mounting locations handle

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How is this part happening? Bolted on, special hand grip, unicorn dust?
handle.jpg
that's from Archetype Racing, stupid expensive....and you get to deal with their customer service. So buyer beware.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's from Archetype Racing, stupid expensive....and you get to deal with their customer service. So buyer beware.
It's not expensive if you like quality parts designed and manufactured in the USA.

In addition, I have contacted AR multiple times and have never had an issue with their customer service, so take a look in the mirror for the problem.

OP
OP
whmoorejr

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool looking piece, but hard for me to justify the cost when I already own a box of ram stuff from other projects and I'm not sure where I want a phone mounted permanently.

I did an extension off of the mount on the top of the dash. That put my phone in a great location, but the long boom arm looked a little weird to me.

I saw a cool mount thing that attaches to the top bolts on the driver side handle... that would put the phone by the A-Pilar.... Doesn't block your windshield, handle still accessible... but putting my phone next to an open window freaks me out.... like watching Michael Jackson holding his baby out a window.

I have an iPhone 11 and a 13mini. Neither are heavy and both stay put with an inexpensive magnet.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which size ball is on the back of the quad lock mag charger?
I think it’s 22mm, but I’ll measure it tomorrow when I get home to be certain.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the common ones are 17mm, 20mm, and 1”
Yeah, I might be using an Archetype 20mm, but keep thinking it’s one of the 22mm ones that I have. Will check this evening.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the common ones are 17mm, 20mm, and 1”
Tom,

So it turns out the Quad Lock is ~22mm. I purchased this Tackform assembly along with a Quad Lock's Adhesive Dash/Console Mount to build the correct stack. I used one of the Archetype's (@EIGHTLUG) 20mm balls on their D handle as the base. Solid connection even when going fast over the bumps and jumps.

Important note, I purchased the Adhesive Dash/Console Mount with the standard wireless charging head, not the MAG wireless charging head. The standard wireless charging head provides a much more secure mounting point than the MAG version.

Pics below for reference...

Ford Bronco 1" Ram Mount - Multiple mounting locations 330C675F-8C5D-43D6-BE72-CFC93E3E6A83_1_102_o

Ford Bronco 1" Ram Mount - Multiple mounting locations B894AFFF-CBBD-4329-A52F-293B86796550_1_102_o

Last edited:

Willhunt4food

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Firebird; 1981 CJ7; 1990 K5; 2007 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool looking piece, but hard for me to justify the cost when I already own a box of ram stuff from other projects and I'm not sure where I want a phone mounted permanently.

I did an extension off of the mount on the top of the dash. That put my phone in a great location, but the long boom arm looked a little weird to me.

I saw a cool mount thing that attaches to the top bolts on the driver side handle... that would put the phone by the A-Pilar.... Doesn't block your windshield, handle still accessible... but putting my phone next to an open window freaks me out.... like watching Michael Jackson holding his baby out a window.

I have an iPhone 11 and a 13mini. Neither are heavy and both stay put with an inexpensive magnet.
This Ram mount is very stable. It even has extra hooks to make it even more secure. A lot of people use on motorcycle handle bars. I got handle mount on Amazon but changed out the cheap phone holder to RAM. Can put in with one hand.

IMG_6959.jpeg

IMG_6958.jpeg
Sponsored