Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as you keep it out of neutral, the AS/S is not supposed to engage on the MT. So, when I'm at the Bank ATM I'll have to remember to hit the stupid button. Otherwise, it should never actually ever kick in.
if you are in neutral, you aren't going anywhere anyway, so it seems moot. Seriously, it was a total non-issue. I drove it with and without the automatic start/stop on, there was not functional or performance difference.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
if you are in neutral, you aren't going anywhere anyway, so it seems moot. Seriously, it was a total non-issue. I drove it with and without the automatic start/stop on, there was not functional or performance difference.
Yeah, because I want the A/C to turn off at the ATM when it's 118 outside? Or... Ever when it's summer in Phoenix?

This is how I always notice it when I forget to hit the off button in my wife's F-150. Hit a stop light, and all of a sudden you get hot air in your face.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, because I want the A/C to turn off at the ATM when it's 118 outside? Or... Ever when it's summer in Phoenix?

This is how I always notice it when I forget to hit the off button in my wife's F-150. Hit a stop light, and all of a sudden you get hot air in your face.
Someone on here stated that if you let of the brake so it starts and then reapply the brake quickly it won’t shut off anymore that trip. Give it a try and see if it works for you? Seems like it would work in the atm drivethru.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone on here stated that if you let of the brake so it starts and then reapply the brake quickly it won’t shut off anymore that trip. Give it a try and see if it works for you? Seems like it would work in the atm drivethru.
Stick is tied to the clutch pedal, not the brake pedal.

If it really annoys me on the MT, then I will probably get mad enough to disable it with FORSCAN. In which case, I'll also take care of a bunch of the nanny chimes. Also auto locks if the manual does that.

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do what you want, but it was 92 degrees with 90% humidity when I test drove it here in North Carolina. The button to turn it of is about 4 inches from the stick, so it is a super easy problem to solve, if you think it's a problem. I am just reporting my observation.

Do what you've got to do though.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most modern clutch pedals have some form of helper spring that makes the clutch feel light. It's generally easy to remove and stiffens up the pedal a bit. Had to do it in my brz
Steeda makes one for the mustang. Hopefully they do the same for the bronco.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steeda makes one for the mustang. Hopefully they do the same for the bronco.
Hell the mustang one may fit, who knows. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to parts share something simple like this

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Drove the Apex one yesterday. A couple of points:

1) They had a Sasquatch customer Badlands too. The height difference is 1-1/2".

2) I'll echo the soft clutch notes. Definitely less effort, and an earlier release than my JK. I like the JK feel better, but I am used to it. The funny thing is when I got back in the JK after driving the Bronco for an hour, I had to sort of relearn.

3) Other than hunting for reverse (which I am used to down to the right), shifting was effortless. I usually shift my JK at around 3000 rpms anyway, so I didn't notice the bogging from 2-3. Definitely more pep than a 3.8 Jeep.

4) I think the belly is more tucked on the Bronco than the Jeep. With a three inch lift, the transmission brace on my JK is at 14". I think the underside of the non-Squatch Badlands is around 15" (I didn't crawl all the way under to measure).

5) The bottom of the hitch receiver on a non-Squatch Badlands is at 18":
Ford Bronco 10 points from my Manual Transmission Test Drive IMG_8904.JPG

6) My wife and son are firmly in the why-u-no-have-rear AC vents camp. There is also the problem of no passenger seat bolster control in the two door or MGV seats.

7) My 5-4" wife needs a step on the non-Squatch Badlands. I'll have rockrails for sale when a good slider option comes available for the two door.

8) I clearly need to convince my wife to go to Off-Roadeo, as she immediately started pushing hero buttons, asking what are these and the giving me the blank stare when I explained. G.O.A.T. modes will be a good thing for her.

9) The soft top at 70 mph was about 68 decibles. We could have a conversation. My JKUR hardtop is 66db at 55, and 73 at 70. The JKUR soft top is 77db at 55, and 83db at 70. Of course that is on half-life Duratracs, not brand new KO2s. This is a huge win for the Bronco.

10) I really hope to see a two door soon. That CO Bandlands 4 door—even at $6125 more than my two door build and no MIC or roof rails—is pretty tempting.

Also, it has garage presence:
Ford Bronco 10 points from my Manual Transmission Test Drive IMG_8907.JPG

Ford Bronco 10 points from my Manual Transmission Test Drive IMG_8914.JPG

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drove the Apex one yesterday. A couple of points:

1) They had a Sasquatch customer Badlands too. The height difference is 1-1/2".

2) I'll echo the soft clutch notes. Definitely less effort, and an earlier release than my JK. I like the JK feel better, but I am used to it. The funny thing is when I got back in the JK after driving the Bronco for an hour, I had to sort of relearn.

3) Other than hunting for reverse (which I am used to down to the right), shifting was effortless. I usually shift my JK at around 3000 rpms anyway, so I didn't notice the bogging from 2-3. Definitely more pep than a 3.8 Jeep.

4) I think the belly is more tucked on the Bronco than the Jeep. With a three inch lift, the transmission brace on my JK is at 14". I think the underside of the non-Squatch Badlands is around 15" (I didn't crawl all the way under to measure).

5) The bottom of the hitch receiver on a non-Squatch Badlands is at 18":

6) My wife and son are firmly in the why-u-no-have-rear AC vents camp. There is also the problem of no passenger seat bolster control in the two door or MGV seats.

7) My 5-4" wife needs a step on the non-Squatch Badlands. I'll have rockrails for sale when a good slider option comes available for the two door.

8) I clearly need to convince my wife to go to Off-Roadeo, as she immediately started pushing hero buttons, asking what are these and the giving me the blank stare when I explained. G.O.A.T. modes will be a good thing for her.

9) The soft top at 70 mph was about 68 decibles. We could have a conversation. My JKUR hardtop is 66db at 55, and 73 at 70. The JKUR soft top is 77db at 55, and 83db at 70. Of course that is on half-life Duratracs, not brand new KO2s. This is a huge win for the Bronco.

10) I really hope to see a two door soon. That CO Bandlands 4 door—even at $6125 more than my two door build and no MIC or roof rails—is pretty tempting.

Also, it has garage presence:

Nice info. Not sure when I'll find a manual version to test, so your and others manual testings are much appreciated!
Sponsored