autodemic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pulled out of the garage and noticed a "wet" spot on the floor where the Bronco was parked. Did the 'ol scratch-n-sniff, trans fluid. Crawled under to find a pretty wet pan. Followed the trail and it seems to be coming from the drive selection shaft on the driver side.

10spd with 500 miles. Dealer wants it towed in, 🤞 it's a quick fix.

Ford Bronco 10spd Transmission Leak 001_leak

Ford Bronco 10spd Transmission Leak 002_leak

Ford Bronco 10spd Transmission Leak 003_leak

Ford Bronco 10spd Transmission Leak 004_leak
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Pulled out of the garage and noticed a "wet" spot on the floor where the Bronco was parked. Did the 'ol scratch-n-sniff, trans fluid. Crawled under to find a pretty wet pan. Followed the trail and it seems to be coming from the drive selection shaft on the driver side.

10spd with 500 miles. Dealer wants it towed in, 🤞 it's a quick fix.

Hi there. This transmission leak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
autodemic

autodemic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there. This transmission leak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Done (y)

squarebale

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd like to add to this thread:

I received my 2022 Wildtrak in late September, and it's been plagued by a leaking transmission just like the OP's. It's been back to the shop 3 times. The first time, they cleaned up the transmission fluid, which had made a significant mess of the underside of my Bronco. They couldn't find a leak, so assumed it was fluid trapped in a crossmember, from the factory. A week later, and it was clear that that wasn't the fix. The second trip to the shop, they replaced the (plastic!) Transmission pan and gasket. This was also not the solution. The third, and final trip to the shop was made after the vehicle started smoking due to transmission fluid spraying onto the exhaust The finding was a leak in the same place as the OP's. The shop determined that the transmission cannot be repaired and will need to be replaced. I am now waiting for a transmission from Ford.

I'm just curious how things turned out for the OP...

AV99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ut oh maybe future TSB coming out, hope not.

F-250+ has a TSB for fluid leak at the selector shaft (TSB 22-2450) Maybe the 10R60 uses same parts / design in that area.

Ford Bronco 10spd Transmission Leak 1671567785330

OP
OP
autodemic

autodemic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just curious how things turned out for the OP...
The Tech at Turlock Ford agreed with my findings. He was able to install the seal without removing the transmission and I haven't had an issue since. I'm not sure if the seal was never there or was just improperly installed.
Sponsored