Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. I checked with CSX this morning and it arrived at the rail yard 25 miles from my dealer at 1:05am today, 450 miles from the rail yard in Indiana where it just was about a day ago. Maybe another week to show up at dealer??

1/10 - loaded at MAP
1/11 - Wayne MI
1/17 - Gibson rail yard near Chicago, IN
1/17 3:00pm - still in Indiana according to CSX
1/19 - 1:05am - Cottage Grove MN just south of St. Paul
How far is the deal from the rail yard? Don't be afraid to contact the dealer to notify them that your Bronco is at the rail yard. No need to wait for them to contact you.
Sponsored

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tomorrow is my two year anniversary from Order date. I want some action dammit!!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How far is the deal from the rail yard? Don't be afraid to contact the dealer to notify them that your Bronco is at the rail yard. No need to wait for them to contact you.
About 25 miles and you think like I do, lol. I sent my salesman an email at 6:30 and I will go to the dealer Tuesday to finalize the Katzkin leather choice so they can get that done right away.

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 11.26.12 AM

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I made it 3 whole days telling myself I wasn't going to track it via rail, but finally broke down and got the rail car number from Ford Chat. Called CSX and they are reporting that it last stopped in Laurel, MT and is now empty and released to customer. All my searches on the forum say that means that it is awaiting pickup by convoy now. But from Montana to Houston, Texas on a convoy truck?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I'm tracking this correctly I'm afraid my train is going to Seattle first. That's going to add a week to this misadventure. I had assumed it was going to leave Spokane and head down to the Tri-Cities and then right down the Columbia River to Portland.

Just when you think you have it all figured out...

Yup, definitely going to Everett, WA first. Although it's only a day trip to Portland from there who knows how long it will take at the rail yard. Best case is they unhook all the Seattle cars and send the train on its way. Worse case it's like Chicago and takes forever.

Good thing I'm patient.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I made it 3 whole days telling myself I wasn't going to track it via rail, but finally broke down and got the rail car number from Ford Chat. Called CSX and they are reporting that it last stopped in Laurel, MT and is now empty and released to customer. All my searches on the forum say that means that it is awaiting pickup by convoy now. But from Montana to Houston, Texas on a convoy truck?
Welcome to the absurdity.

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to the absurdity.
I do count it as a relief that I now have no reason to call back into CSX, otherwise, I fear it would have been a several times a day addiction. Now it's the mystery of how long it will take for a convoy truck to even be available for pickup.

AldoNY

Wildtrak
First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Wildtrack got delivered, I picked it up this Saturday. First thing I looked at were those Fox shocks lol. Looked like it took a month from being built to delivery .

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet DDE2C847-937D-4703-8FBE-35B78456ACDD

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do count it as a relief that I now have no reason to call back into CSX, otherwise, I fear it would have been a several times a day addiction. Now it's the mystery of how long it will take for a convoy truck to even be available for pickup.
Actually from Laurel it can be sent down to TX. Might seem like a long way round but so does sending my train to Seattle. It happens.

automotive-map-0.png

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrack got delivered, I picked it up this Saturday. First thing I looked at were those Fox shocks lol. Looked like it took a month from being built to delivery .

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet automotive-map-0
No picture of looking under the skirt at the shocks?

Sponsored

AldoNY

Wildtrak
First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nah, the truck was filthy though from the shipment.

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually from Laurel it can be sent down to TX. Might seem like a long way round but so does sending my train to Seattle. It happens.

automotive-map-0.png
I didn't expect Montana, but yeah, totally makes sense if it stayed on rail when you look at the map and a pretty straight shot to Texas. I saw another post of a Texas destination bronco that went through Laurel, MT and ultimately through Amarillo. What threw me off was the "empty-released to customer" status.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't expect Montana, but yeah, totally makes sense if it stayed on rail when you look at the map and a pretty straight shot to Texas. I saw another post of a Texas destination bronco that went through Laurel, MT and ultimately through Amarillo. What threw me off was the "empty-released to customer" status.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the train transfer. They may have had to literally take the Bronco off one car and put it on another. But that means you may lose tracking. Or the car moved to another train going to Texas. You'll know in a couple days when you check again.

Keep in mind that we are relying on several different companies talking to each other with antiquated systems to keep us updated. Miscommunication and errors are to be expected.

Fun times!

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the train transfer. They may have had to literally take the Bronco off one car and put it on another. But that means you may lose tracking. Or the car moved to another train going to Texas. You'll know in a couple days when you check again.

Keep in mind that we are relying on several different companies talking to each other with antiquated systems to keep us updated. Miscommunication and errors are to be expected.

Fun times!
Good points. All seem like plausible explanations, but now I gotta relapse back into trying to track a rail car again. Easy path is to call the dealer and ask them for an update, but then I risk them knowing I'm a crazy person right now.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good points. All seem like plausible explanations, but now I gotta relapse back into trying to track a rail car again. Easy path is to call the dealer and ask them for an update, but then I risk them knowing I'm a crazy person right now.
I'm keeping my dealer updated so they know I'm crazy. But that way they won't ask me silly questions like, "Are you sure you still want this thing?"

Currently I can't understand the way the automated voice is pronouncing the location. Now THAT'S driving me crazy!

1/19 Update: Only made it to Wenatchee. Not far at all. So much for making it to Seattle last night. :rolleyes: I have to stop thinking it will get here and I'll be fine, right?

Just found a post from someone who was stuck in Wenatchee for several days for no apparent reason. I should just start drinking now.
Sponsored

Last edited: