First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So weird. I changed the BCM settings early fall last for the cargo to be hot 24/7 and have been running my fridge in the fall and spring/early summer months in NY without issue. Fridge will cut out before battery is an issue (I’m constantly checking at startup and battery is 13-14V) - all of a sudden power is shutting off with ignition today - as soon as I open the door. Some sort of OTA update caused this possibly?
Hey I was curious how this ended up going for you, is it working properly again? I just got a 12v cooler for a 2 week road trip and wanted to do the Forscan thing.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey I was curious how this ended up going for you, is it working properly again? I just got a 12v cooler for a 2 week road trip and wanted to do the Forscan thing.
It works - it's just limited to 18 hours after you turn the vehicle off. For some reason...but, I guess that's a nice safety net.

I also noticed that the wiring for the the 12v is only 18 gauge. So, the resistance will sometimes trigger the safety cut-off on my fridge itself. I plan to install the heavier duty wiring solution from ARB. That will be a way to avoid the timeout as well.

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It works - it's just limited to 18 hours after you turn the vehicle off. For some reason...but, I guess that's a nice safety net.

I also noticed that the wiring for the the 12v is only 18 gauge. So, the resistance will sometimes trigger the safety cut-off on my fridge itself. I plan to install the heavier duty wiring solution from ARB. That will be a way to avoid the timeout as well.
Thanks man, appreciate he update. 18 hours I can live with although Im looking at that harness now and might just go that route as well.
Cheers

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a '23 Badlands Lux, and I plugged in my EcoFlow Delta 2 that is set to only pull 8 amps on cigarette car charging and it charged all night long. I don't think I'll test the 18 hour timeline.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey can forscan keep the AUX switches always on? Very handy for lighting up your camp site.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey can forscan keep the AUX switches always on? Very handy for lighting up your camp site.
Not anymore. There was a change at one point that now caps it at 18 hr. I had it disabled for the first year of ownership. One of the OTA updates killed that.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not anymore. There was a change at one point that now caps it at 18 hr. I had it disabled for the first year of ownership. One of the OTA updates killed that.
But you can make the aux switches go 18 hrs?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But you can make the aux switches go 18 hrs?
Pretty sure AUX switches are ignition dependent. I don’t think you can have those powered without the key in auxiliary mode.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have their 12v in cargo just stop working? I gotta check if there is a fuse. But, the one in the console is working just fine. Went to plug my fridge in for the first time this season…
Sponsored