First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only hot with key on. Could you wire it to make it on all the time? Yes. You risk running the battery down depending on how much current you are drawing and for how long.

1622054636968.png
Correct me if I’m wrong, but being an AGM battery would suggest that it would take a LONG time for that to be an issue, no?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong, but being an AGM battery would suggest that it would take a LONG time for that to be an issue, no?
Only thing I can say is, a draw is a draw. Is a gel cell/glass mat/deep cycle going to hold up better than a standard duty lead acid? Possibly. What I can say for sure is the several that have gone dead on the lot are nearly impossible to bring back to where they pass a test on Ford's equipment. Either they were defective from the jump or they don't like it after being discharged.

Not an expert but the biggest killer to batteries is short trips that don't allow them to top back off, heat, cold, vibration and a lot of constant deep discharge cycles.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone who has taken delivery put this to bed. I need an always hot 12V in the center console, or I'll have to wire something in. This thread has conflicting info and the Owners manual alludes to both possibilities.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone who has taken delivery put this to bed. I need an always hot 12V in the center console, or I'll have to wire something in. This thread has conflicting info and the Owners manual alludes to both possibilities.
I’m starting to think the only way I’ll get a definitive answer is when I get my Bronco (one day…).

We need someone to park overnight, and then first thing in the morning test this out. That should give us a definitive, safe answer.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m starting to think the only way I’ll get a definitive answer is when I get my Bronco (one day…).

We need someone to park overnight, and then first thing in the morning test this out. That should give us a definitive, safe answer.
...and approach the Bronco without the FOB, peer in window to check, in case FOB proximity or door unlock turns things on.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...and approach the Bronco without the FOB, peer in window to check, in case FOB proximity or door unlock turns things on.
You make it sound like we’re stalking this vehicle LOL

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there isn’t a load on the circuit it makes no difference if power is there. The connection can be live but without something drawing current, it matters none.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You make it sound like we’re stalking this vehicle LOL
...and avert your eyes, keep walking and make a quick glance...lest it senses your presence.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB has a portable fridge/freezer power pack that will run the fridge for up to 18 hours. Charge it when the vehicle is running, then let it run off the battery when the vehicle is not running... I mean, yeah, it's an extra cost, but it's probably the best solution... I'm sure other MFG make the same types of batteries, I just know I saw the ARB one at an overland expo here this spring.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ARB has a portable fridge/freezer power pack that will run the fridge for up to 18 hours. Charge it when the vehicle is running, then let it run off the battery when the vehicle is not running... I mean, yeah, it's an extra cost, but it's probably the best solution... I'm sure other MFG make the same types of batteries, I just know I saw the ARB one at an overland expo here this spring.
Yeah, but it's over $300. Might as well just get an 110ah AGM Battery and it will last 5 days for that price.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am running a test now. I'll report back in 30 minutes.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Confirmed: Console AND Cargo 12v both turn off after 30 minutes.
Thanks for testing that out. That’s really too bad. The simple solution would have been to follow Jeep’s lead on this, allowing the owner to swap a simple fuse and keep it ”live” even when the vehicles off. Heck, it’s even explained in the owners manual how to do it.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for testing that out. That’s really too bad. The simple solution would have been to follow Jeep’s lead on this, allowing the owner to swap a simple fuse and keep it ”live” even when the vehicles off. Heck, it’s even explained in the owners manual how to do it.
I didn't expect this situation either. In my 2016 Transit - both are hot 24/7.

What are the options here? There has to be some way of modifying this.

Any ideas @flip ?
Sponsored