Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Confirmed: Console AND Cargo 12v both turn off after 30 minutes.
Thank you, I guess I'll have to wire off the fuse box.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you, I guess I'll have to wire off the fuse box.
Let us know if/when you figure that out. Otherwise I was thinking of setting up another battery with the ARB 12v surface mount plug.
Another bummer is the speaker pods get in the way of opening the fridge door fully.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, so now I’m confused. Went to go clean out the back to install my new cargo liner and the fridge was powered up and it had been sitting for over 45 minutes after driving. I don’t even have the key on me - so, I can’t even put it in accessory mode. “No key detected”

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, so now I’m confused. Went to go clean out the back to install my new cargo liner and the fridge was powered up and it had been sitting for over 45 minutes after driving. I don’t even have the key on me - so, I can’t even put it in accessory mode. “No key detected”
?? So it stayed on for 45 min + ?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Need it always on if you have a fridge out in the wild. :D
How "wild" is it if you have an electric fridge? :unsure:

Jokes aside, there's certainly a case for wanting an outlet that's always hot and draining, or one that fail-safe's and saves your battery.

Typically we've made solar panels that top off the batteries during the day as we don't like to run the bar lighting or sound system off of a generator all night.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
?? So it stayed on for 45 min + ?
So, I just got to dig into Forscan a bit. It looks like it’s setup to turn off after 4500 seconds (75 minutes). Hence why that was over an hour that one time. I’m not sure why my initial tests seemed shorter.

I just DISABLED the Powerpoint Timeout to hopefully allow for 24/7 power back there.

Now I have to dig up what’s a safe setting for the fridge - since it has battery protection settings to turn off the fridge if/when the battery voltage gets too low. High=11.8, Med=11.4, Low=10.1. Anyone know what’s safe for the Bronco’s AGM/Deep Cycle battery?

I don’t think I’ll be running it that often for long periods of time - but, I just wanted the access to 12v w/o having to turn the ignition or accessory on. The fridge itself is super efficient. It only uses 0.8ah.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It worked!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For sure something you need to be cautious on, but for example, if I want to use an air compressor or something, I don’t necessarily want my vehicle running at the same time either. But yes, user needs to be cautious.
Actually got an air compressor you most certainly want the engine running. The amp draw on those things is crazy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually got an air compressor you most certainly want the engine running. The amp draw on those things is crazy.
Maybe if you're running it for a while. I've never had an issue in the past, but usually am not running it long.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I just got to dig into Forscan a bit. It looks like it’s setup to turn off after 4500 seconds (75 minutes). Hence why that was over an hour that one time. I’m not sure why my initial tests seemed shorter.

I just DISABLED the Powerpoint Timeout to hopefully allow for 24/7 power back there.

Now I have to dig up what’s a safe setting for the fridge - since it has battery protection settings to turn off the fridge if/when the battery voltage gets too low. High=11.8, Med=11.4, Low=10.1. Anyone know what’s safe for the Bronco’s AGM/Deep Cycle battery?

I don’t think I’ll be running it that often for long periods of time - but, I just wanted the access to 12v w/o having to turn the ignition or accessory on. The fridge itself is super efficient. It only uses 0.8ah.
So you have to work through Forscan or is it 'configurable ' through 'settings' ?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you have to work through Forscan or is it 'configurable ' through 'settings' ?
Forscan. Easy fix if you follow the tutorial in the 2021 Forscan thread.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So weird. I changed the BCM settings early fall last for the cargo to be hot 24/7 and have been running my fridge in the fall and spring/early summer months in NY without issue. Fridge will cut out before battery is an issue (I’m constantly checking at startup and battery is 13-14V) - all of a sudden power is shutting off with ignition today - as soon as I open the door. Some sort of OTA update caused this possibly?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So weird. I changed the BCM settings early fall last for the cargo to be hot 24/7 and have been running my fridge in the fall and spring/early summer months in NY without issue. Fridge will cut out before battery is an issue (I’m constantly checking at startup and battery is 13-14V) - all of a sudden power is shutting off with ignition today - as soon as I open the door. Some sort of OTA update caused this possibly?
Hi there. This power concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored