Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Message from dealer:

If you have NOT ordered a vehicle and still have a reservation, then you must go online to www.ford.com and complete your order process online. It will require a $1,500 deposit and your order will be sent to our dealership and we will accept it at that time. It usually takes 1-2 business days to reflect in the system.

Once we receive your order, a sales rep will reach out to confirm everything and be your point of contact moving forward. If you have any questions, please let us know.
This is correct. Ignore comments saying it isn't. Unconverted reservations must order online. Deposit is set by the dealer. Also take notice any tacked on ADM will be seen as well on the line "Difference from total MSRP". You want that to be "$0.00"

See example below
Ford Bronco $1500 deposit? 1634312947850

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer is telling me that Ford is requiring a $1500 deposit when I place the order online. I have a 12/2/2020 reservation that I held off ordering because I was waiting on MY2022. I just want to confirm that this is correct.

Thanks
This is the same kind of dealers that made you pay mark ups on your MSRP.

Stay away!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer required a $1000 non refundable deposit when I ordered in March 2021. They are a small town dealer (only 2 salesmen and the GM) so I’m not too worried about things. All three of them told me MSRP with no ADM and my initial order paperwork has a final price showing everything.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is telling me that Ford is requiring a $1500 deposit when I place the order online. I have a 12/2/2020 reservation that I held off ordering because I was waiting on MY2022. I just want to confirm that this is correct.

Thanks
I put down $500 and the dealer accepted the order.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is correct. Ignore comments saying it isn't. Unconverted reservations must order online. Deposit is set by the dealer. Also take notice any tacked on ADM will be seen as well on the line "Difference from total MSRP". You want that to be "$0.00"

See example below
This helps things make sense. We've heard of no deposit, $500, $1000 and $1500. It seems the online order is now integrated with the dealer showing their deposit and ADM if any. Looks like Ford's way of limiting or at least being up front about dealer mark up. I would take it as a good thing and would gladly pay deposit so long as this form shows no ADM pricing.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I went to my dealer in January and ordered, I gave them a $400 deposit on top of my $100 reservation. Fair enough, but I would not do it online, but that's just me...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This helps things make sense. We've heard of no deposit, $500, $1000 and $1500. It seems the online order is now integrated with the dealer showing their deposit and ADM if any. Looks like Ford's way of limiting or at least being up front about dealer mark up. I would take it as a good thing and would gladly pay deposit so long as this form shows no ADM pricing.
Spooled: There are multiple threads on this and everyone seems confused, your illustration is best. it would be nice if Admin would promote your post, I was digging pretty deep when I found it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks
It is not correct. They are lying to you, plain and simple. Ford doesn’t require the dealer to take any deposit.
Not only that, I would not put down any money until you get a signed agreement from the dealer specifying agreed to price (or MSRP), dealer fees, taxes, tags, etc. and stating no ADM.

For reference my deposit is the initial $100 plus $500 at order.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did my B&P Friday on line from Ford's link and it required a $500 deposit at that time. Site said deposit would be transferred to dealership for purchase and it and the $100 shows on my order and the printout of my order was signed by the dealers stating MSRP plus tax, title & registration and a dmv of $185, s it's spelled out in writing and signed by both parties with emails saying the same.

Sponsored

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer required zero from me. Think about it, if you don’t end up buying it it’s a major boon for them as they will be able to sell it to somebody else with markup.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes the online reservation system now includes dealer required deposit and additional markup if any. This is a good thing. Dealer saying Ford requires it is not true however, deposit and markup are at the dealers individual discretion.

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
That's definitely your dealer requesting that deposit. My dealer asked the same amount and said it was from them and not Ford.

EJC

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base

See example below
Where do you see this screen of the pricing?

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get your MSRP guarantee along with that deposit Request.
And make sure it is in writing signed by both yourself and the dealer at the time of deposit. Otherwise the dealer has no obligation to sell it to you at the guaranteed in writing price.
Sponsored