Sponsored

$1k to Lower Priority Code and Get Delivery Sooner?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would do this all day.
So I dropped by my dealer yesterday to tweak my April 2021 order a bit to try and avoid some constraints and actually get my Bronco one day this year. Anyway, that was done without a hitch with my salesman--no complaints there at all.

Then, towards the end I was introduced to another dude (not a salesman but listed on the order sheet in the top left corner) and was told he "has the power to move you up or down the wait list". He said he would drop my priority code from 19 to 10 for +$1,000.

Needless to say this was a huge turnoff and really detracted from the otherwise good experience I had been having with the dealer.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Besides that, this is total BS right? I understood priority codes 10 through 19 to be basically equivalent. If not, then what the hell is this dealer doing selling a 'cut in line'?
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tell him to eat :poop:. There is no difference between 10, and 19 when it comes to a priority code. The guys an ass.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I dropped by my dealer yesterday to tweak my April 2021 order a bit to try and avoid some constraints and actually get my Bronco one day this year. Anyway, that was done without a hitch with my salesman--no complaints there at all.

Then, towards the end I was introduced to another dude (not a salesman but listed on the order sheet in the top left corner) and was told he "has the power to move you up or down the wait list". He said he would drop my priority code from 19 to 10 for +$1,000.

Needless to say this was a huge turnoff and really detracted from the otherwise good experience I had been having with the dealer.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Besides that, this is total BS right? I understood priority codes 10 through 19 to be basically equivalent. If not, then what the hell is this dealer doing selling a 'cut in line'?
Haven't and won't read the rest of this thread. This is a scam!! Ford should be ashamed of this role out.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeez...if the Dealer is doing this at time of reservation, i can only imagine what they could do to you at time of delivery.

I would switch to a better dealer.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you haven't read this article... it's worth your time. Lots of shenanigans going on. As someone else summarized -
"With the Bronco, Ford said only half of its shipments would be routed based on online reservations; another quarter would be sent based on the location of the dealerships, with larger markets getting priority, and the final 25% would be sent based on historic volume of sales, with bigger, busier stores taking precedent... Ford also has loosened rules about how closely dealers have to stick to the reservation line. At first, the company required that 80% of new Broncos be matched to a name on the digital order list, according to several dealers; today that’s just 60%. So four out of 10 new Broncos can go to a walk-in customer or the highest bidder."

https://www.bloombergquint.com/amp/business/ford-keeps-bronco-customers-waiting-for-red-hot-suv
The allocation breakdown mentioned is the 2021 formula. For 2022 it's even worse. The 22 formula has ZERO weight based on number of Bronco orders.

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order was a priority 10 order. My initial reservation date was 7/22/20 and order date was 3/12/21. I’ve had my Bronco since October 2021. Do what you will with that information, but I hope it helps.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple related questions :
1) Salesman kept reminding me that if I get pushed out to MY23 price will go up to that years' MSRP. If there's supposed to be price protection that far out, what do I have to show that gives me a leg to stand on?
Ford's Bronco Order Holder FAQ

• Offering Price Protection on MSRP through 2023 MY for all reservation and order holders as of March 19, 2021
You say your order was April 2021. If you don't have a reservation from before that, I think the dealer can argue that your MSRP is indeed going up.

Technically, all dealerships can jack up prices for everyone at MY23 reorder time, price protection from Ford or not. New model year, new order, old agreements are invalid. That's just a crappy thing for them to do (and will land them in the Dealer Hall of Shame).

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Run, run far away and move your order to a reputable dealer. They are few and far between but they are out there. Get your new dealer to sign a purchase order with your agreed upon "out the door" price.

oh, report the shit-bag to the GM and the owner, and report the dealer to Ford.
None of that may matter, but there's a chance it might.

Good luck.

Sponsored

bramthun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Roush
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That actually sounds illegal. Like fraud.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As long as it's not a "99" you are good. Total scam to pay $1000 to go from a 19 to a 10. The dealer may not even have any allocations.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Save your 1000.00 im a first day res come 10 and my expected build date id 4/25/22 ,but will probably get bumped again.

treckers

Outer Banks
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious if he offered to do that for you and bump you up to a 10, is he doing that for all of his orders that are coming through the door. Hard to believe that you are the only one at that dealership that got that offer. In that case, you would still be in the same spot in line and out $1000.
Sponsored