scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Resurrecting an old thread, it was a great inspiration for me when I was researching bike racks. This is the Kuat Pivot v2 with the passenger-side swing and the Kuat Transfer v2 bike rack on a Curt hitch receiver.

Very solid and absolutely no movement or wiggle from either the Pivot or the rack. I did have to turn off the parking assist but I still get a fairly good view from the backup camera.

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 20231110_085414-a
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 20231110_085429-a
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 20231110_085605-a
Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch 20231110_085540-a
Sponsored

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For anyone interested. I make an adapter plate to mount the 1up rack directly to the spare tire, eliminating the need for a hitch swing carrier. This allows for a trailer to be towed while hauling bikes, and maintains departure angle. I also include a tailgate limiter to prevent the rack from hitting the body of the bronco. Message me if you’re interested.

IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_2852.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the innovation but I wouldn't want to leverage 75#+ that far out, regardless of reinforcement to the OEM gate. I could be wrong.
I was originally concerned as well. I have 2 bikes on it plus nearly all of my body weight an I’m able to shake the bronco pretty significantly with no deflection to the tailgate or rack.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Innovative product, but even with a tailgate reinforcement I personally wouldn’t risk that much weight cantilevered off the tailgate.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone interested. I make an adapter plate to mount the 1up rack directly to the spare tire, eliminating the need for a hitch swing carrier. This allows for a trailer to be towed while hauling bikes, and maintains departure angle. I also include a tailgate limiter to prevent the rack from hitting the body of the bronco. Message me if you’re interested.

Ford Bronco 1Up bike rack, Kuat Pivot, Curt hitch - Sasquatch IMG_2763

Do you have any insight on how much weight that set up will take and whether it will take some light offroading too? Definitely going to need to brace the door. I need to haul two bikes...#50 YT Decoy and #35 YT Capra. I LOVE the clearance this offers, but I'm gonna hate lifting that pig Decoy up that high!)

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have any insight on how much weight that set up will take and whether it will take some light offroading too? Definitely going to need to brace the door. I need to haul two bikes...#50 YT Decoy and #35 YT Capra. I LOVE the clearance this offers, but I'm gonna hate lifting that pig Decoy up that high!)
I can’t speak to the total strength as I have not tested it until failure. However, I have had my transition sentinel and chromag stylus on it, so about 70# total and done some light off-roading with no issues. I have also put nearly all my body weight on it to shake the bronco up and down and I didn’t see any deflection in the tailgate or spare carrier.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Appreciate the honesty. It's a great invention and a great location w/ all kinds of ground clearance. I'm not worried about my analog bikes, but mainly concerned that if I roll out w/ (2) 50# eMTBs, the extra 100# might be too much for that whole spare tire mount. The whole thing may need to be reinforced. Ah yes, things to consider and money to burn! LOL.
Sponsored