First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a pivot v2 + Kuat nv 2.0 and it clears my Badlands spare just fine.

86DB318C-1682-4A34-A572-52FD2445533D.jpeg
I think you have a 33 " tire there mine are standard sasquach 35's ho wmuch clearance you got above the pivot to the tire ? Looks great BTW.
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would you recommend this setup for someone that doesn't yet have any heavy e-bikes, but may consider one in the future? I have a bunch of other bikes with the heaviest maybe a 29er @ 30 lbs. and I do like to bring at least two along even when by myself.
kuat is bombproof. I wouldn’t go for the sherpa rack if you are a size medium or larger in most mtb brands, as the wheelbase tends to get longer than 47, the max for the Sherpa. Look at Kuat NV 2.0 Base, Kuat NV 2.0, or if you’re gluttonous pig who likes Kashima…the piston pro. Just kidding, its a dope rack.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you recommend this setup for someone that doesn't yet have any heavy e-bikes, but may consider one in the future? I have a bunch of other bikes with the heaviest maybe a 29er @ 30 lbs. and I do like to bring at least two along even when by myself.
Yes I would!

Although the rack can hold roughly 67 lbs, smaller/lighter bikes work great too. The tracks the bikes sit on conform to all sorts of sizes. Below is a picture of the adjustable wheel arms. You can see the piece slides up and down to fit various size tires.

The weight of your current bikes won't be an issue, but you may have to alternate the bikes on the rack to fit properly (one facing left, one right). The cool thing too is you can add 1 or 2 extra bike mounts to this rack down the road - so you can bring your whole fleet :)

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempImagewzd8e8

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this in my 604Bronco Build Journal, but thought I'd post this separate in case anyone is looking for a good, solid bike rack that can hold quite a bit of weight.

Kuat Pivot v2 hitch extension (Kuat Part # PVP20B) & Kuat Piston Pro X bike rack (Kuat Part # PX22G):

So I am beyond impressed with this hitch extension and bike rack. It's not cheap, however you really do get what you pay for with this (IMO).

The hitch extension allows for the bike rack to pivot away from the vehicle, giving me full access to my cargo area. It opens 90 degrees... But wait, there's more! It can also open to 120 degrees, as shown by my pictures below.

The rack itself is 99% metal and it really well built, with super simple instructions to put it together and use it. It also has integrated LED lights (brakes, turn signals, etc.), which hook up to the 4 pin trailer harness.

Any questions about the hitch extension or bike rack, please ask away and I'll do my best to answer them!

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempImagewzd8e8

This looks like the pivot is the extension, is that right? No clearance issues from the tire at all?

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I would!

Although the rack can hold roughly 67 lbs, smaller/lighter bikes work great too. The tracks the bikes sit on conform to all sorts of sizes. Below is a picture of the adjustable wheel arms. You can see the piece slides up and down to fit various size tires.

The weight of your current bikes won't be an issue, but you may have to alternate the bikes on the rack to fit properly (one facing left, one right). The cool thing too is you can add 1 or 2 extra bike mounts to this rack down the road - so you can bring your whole fleet :)

Sweet, is there a limit to the extra racks? Is there by chance a setting for 24" as well, or would that just be a different rack size to add on?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks like the pivot is the extension, is that right? No clearance issues from the tire at all?
You are correct! That is the extension itself. No issues at all clearing the tire, with a bit of room to spare (ha... see what I did there?).

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet, is there a limit to the extra racks? Is there by chance a setting for 24" as well, or would that just be a different rack size to add on?
I think the limit is 1 or 2 more; don't quote me on that though.

Here's a better picture of the arms. There is one for a 24" and a 20" as well as a "fender kit" which is essentially the arm will barely connect with the tire and you need to install a couple straps.

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempImageXmTym2

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the limit is 1 or 2 more; don't quote me on that though.

Here's a better picture of the arms. There is one for a 24" and a 20" as well as a "fender kit" which is essentially the arm will barely connect with the tire and you need to install a couple straps.

Ford Bronco Kuat Piston Pro X Bike Rack + Pivot Pro 2.0 Hitch Extension tempImageXmTym2
Seems perfect, thanks! I'm kinda getting tired of all the straps and such when using my current Allen Sports 5 bike rack, and hanging them can rub the paint on my beauties unless I stuff microfiber towels everywhere. Not only the time involved in packing and unpacking, but I can't get to the cargo area. Now I just need to justify all that with the cost of entry into a real system.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems perfect, thanks! I'm kinda getting tired of all the straps and such when using my current Allen Sports 5 bike rack, and hanging them can rub the paint on my beauties unless I stuff microfiber towels everywhere. Not only the time involved in packing and unpacking, but I can't get to the cargo area. Now I just need to justify all that with the cost of entry into a real system.
I was so paranoid about getting a setup that wouldn't wobble, would be easy to load/unload, could "grow" with more bikes, etc. As much as I researched a lot, I failed to look into the fenders playing a role on my bike - Thankfully it's not really an issue and it works. I only thought about it when I was loading the bike on for the first time, lol.

The stability of this rack too should help protect your wheels. The groves in the wheel channels should keep them from touching the sides, and the ability to shake the crap out of this thing without budging makes me feel good that it's secure. You likely don't need the ramp for yours, as your bikes are much lighter, so you can load this up in a couple minutes and be on your way.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

freetors

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm also curious why you wouldn't get the 1up with rakattach. It's essentially the same price but with a more proven track record and those things are built like a tank. Sure it doesn't have lights but that would be a really easy thing to add.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also curious why you wouldn't get the 1up with rakattach. It's essentially the same price but with a more proven track record and those things are built like a tank. Sure it doesn't have lights but that would be a really easy thing to add.
There’s lots of great options out there. This one suited my needs and was quite happy with it, plus the warranty.
Sponsored