Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got it from REI with the 20% coupon.

I believe there is a 20% member coupon going on now. If you arent a member, def sign up! Its a one time fee (I think $25) and its definitely worth it
I did see that one but they are not close and it was $30 some $$ to ship, $30 to join so savings wasn't much.

Thanks for the input.
Sponsored

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of you running the Kit Pivot, how in the world did you get the cotter pin on the end of the hitch pin? Theres no way I can see to use the locking one, and almost way to use one at all!

I have the Kuat Pivot 2.0 with the hinge on the drivers side. Super stoked on it, but manā€¦I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to get the cotter pin on with the trailer wiring where it is. If anyone has a trick Iā€™d love to see it.

jlightning

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wondering if anyone has the Rakattach 2.0 for their bronco yet. Looking at getting the 1up two bike rack as well as a swing out extender for the tailgate. Most people seem to go with the Kuat Pivot. The Rakattach 2.0 is newer. It has the advantage of allowing you to change which way it pivots and it seems to be sturdier. The Pivot is $100 less, a bit less sturdy, and can only swing one way. I am wondering. With the extra sturdiness of the Rakattach seems to bring extra weight and bulk. Wondering what the best combo here is.

I like the versatility and sturdiness of the Rakattach but at the same time I am going to be taking it on and off quite a bit.

Looking forward to hearing everyone elses experience.
Hello tambrico, I'm looking for a swing away adapter, either the 1up RakAttach or the Kuat Pivot 2. I happen to have both a 1Up heavy duty hitch rack and a Kuat Sherpa hitch rack (both 2-bike hitch racks). I use the 1Up for fat bikes, plus bikes, and mountain bikes and use the Kuat for road, gravel and mountain bikes. I'm in NY too. I like the fact that the Kuat swings out a little further but concerned about the heavier 1Up rack going into the Pivot 2. The 1Up doesn't have a locking bolt as you know, just that corner expanding ball. The other thing I'm wondering if you know, is which swing away sticks out further? I own a Ford F150 Lightning so concerned about the length (nothing on this topic over on that forum by the way). And lastly, for now, do you leave the Pivot 2 on all the time?

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question but if you don't have the RakAttack or Kuat Swingarm, and you don't have a bike loaded, will the 1up rack fold down enough to open the tailgate (i.e. all of the times you open the tailgate without a bike loaded)?

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For anyone interested. Here is an option for attaching a 1up rack to the spare tire. Eliminating the need for a hitch swing like the rackattak or the kuat pivot. It also allows for a trailer to still be hooked up, a hitch basket underneath, or to maintain departure angles. I also include a tailgate limiter to prevent the rack from hitting the body of the bronco. Shoot me a message if youā€™re interested in one.

IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_2852.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg
Sponsored