First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've created the habit of putting it in C or R depending on the angle I'm parked on and then pulling the e-brake. Since then I haven't had another rolling incident. Wasn't excited to create new habits with a manual, but it seems to be working.

I'd be interested to hear what you discover through @Ford if they get back with you.
So in addition to the car rolling in gear, it also pops out of gear while driving, and I keep convincing myself I must have not pushed it into gear fully. After ford came and investigated, they found defective synchronizer sleeve that is not engaging. They are replacing the whole transmission and taking mine back to the factory for more investigations. If anyone else was having this same issue, I would reach out to ford just in case.
Sponsored

JMHodges

Base
First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting as I thought it was confirmed to be normal for a really heavy vehicle with a small motor. It doesn’t have enough compression to hold the vehicle on an incline so you have to make sure it’s in low gear, R or C ans use the E brake.

I posted earlier in this thread that the same thing happened to me. I watched my Bronco rolling out of my driveway. Was in 1st gear, on moderate incline and I forgot to put the Ebrake on. This was never an issue for MANY manuals I have had in the past, Hondas, Nissans, Toyota, Subarus, but they were all smaller cars.
Hey I did hear back from Ford field engineers and it had a defective synchronizer sleeve and the whole transmission is being replaced.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear they are replacing the unit. When a trans pops out of gear I always replace the complete synchro assembly as well as the particular gear and usually the shift fork as well. In this case they want the unit for research.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This past Saturday I made myself a parking spot where a plow had piled the snow so that I could park closer without worrying about door dings. Left it in 1st gear as always and put the parking brake on. Somehow that thing still slowly lurched backwards every couple seconds. I'd have gotten back into it and put it into crawler gear to see if that would have stopped it, but once the back tires hit the pavement it stopped and it was more than far enough into the spot to be out of the way (thanks 2 door).

I was shocked 1st gear and parking brake weren't enough. Before getting out I should have checked the angle to see how aggressive it was. Suspension was definitely flexed a bit.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This past Saturday I made myself a parking spot where a plow had piled the snow so that I could park closer without worrying about door dings. Left it in 1st gear as always and put the parking brake on. Somehow that thing still slowly lurched backwards every couple seconds. I'd have gotten back into it and put it into crawler gear to see if that would have stopped it, but once the back tires hit the pavement it stopped and it was more than far enough into the spot to be out of the way (thanks 2 door).

I was shocked 1st gear and parking brake weren't enough. Before getting out I should have checked the angle to see how aggressive it was. Suspension was definitely flexed a bit.
If it moved with the E Brake on then it was sliding on the ice. I can put my e brake on, put it in gear and floor it. It won’t move an inch with electric e brake on.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it moved with the E Brake on then it was sliding on the ice. I can put my e brake on, put it in gear and floor it. It won’t move an inch with electric e brake on.

Or the E brake wasn't working.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or the E brake wasn't working.
If the e brake Isn’t working there would be a BIG RED message on the dashboard stating the E brake isn’t holding.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the e brake Isn’t working there would be a BIG RED message on the dashboard stating the E brake isn’t holding.

Yeah, maybe, but he wasn't in the Bronco, so...
I'd not put all my faith in the E brake, or more electronics to monitor it.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
Yeah, maybe, but he wasn't in the Bronco, so...
I'd not put all my faith in the E brake, or more electronics to monitor it.
If you can’t put all you faith in your E Brake you should be driving an automatic. 😁

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I

If you can’t put all you faith in your E Brake you should be driving an automatic. 😁

You do you. I leave my MT in the appropriate gear and front tires turned appropriate way.

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d normall agree, but the way it was linking down, stopping and then lunging down again, I don’t agree

OP
OP

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So in addition to the car rolling in gear, it also pops out of gear while driving, and I keep convincing myself I must have not pushed it into gear fully. After ford came and investigated, they found defective synchronizer sleeve that is not engaging. They are replacing the whole transmission and taking mine back to the factory for more investigations. If anyone else was having this same issue, I would reach out to ford just in case.
I have not experienced it popping out of any gear while driving and I'm at 16K miles so hopefully I won't encounter that.
Glad they are replacing your tranny. How long will you be without your Bronco?

JMHodges

Base
First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have not experienced it popping out of any gear while driving and I'm at 16K miles so hopefully I won't encounter that.
Glad they are replacing your tranny. How long will you be without your Bronco?
They said they weren’t sure how long it would take to get a replacement transmission so I don’t really have a time frame. Currently going through chemo so not really driving much anyway. I just told them keep it until we know it works properly.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Always put mine in reverse, then shut it off.
Sponsored